Aldon's #4?

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 5/18/2016 8:56am
From what I've heard/read about the Aldon Baker KTM Group exclusive contract, Aldon will be putting one other rider on his program. The only hint has been that they will be on an orange or white bike. Duh!

So, I'm thinking it'll either be Dean Wilson, or Martin Davalos. Some have said Pourcel, but I don't see Christophe being able to go on the AB program with the health issues he still suffers from as a result of his past injuries.

Of those two...I don't see Wilson being disciplined enough to be "all in" for Aldon's program, so I'm thinking Davalos. Maybe Rockstar Husky is thinking that the Baker factor is the only thing keeping Martin from rising to his potential.

Thoughts?
|
slipdog
5/16/2016 7:21am
Thought he's exclusive to Orange only from now on.
davistld01
5/16/2016 7:22am
slipdog wrote:
Thought he's exclusive to Orange only from now on.
I believe the contract was for "KTM Group", and that includes Husqvarna. If that were not the case, Anderson would be cut off.
Jeff alessi
5/16/2016 7:25am
I feel somehow forkner will be there. Kids gonna be too good to go anywhere else. I wonder if ktm locked up aldon in an attempt to break any of that becoming possible..

The Shop

mx_563
5/16/2016 7:30am
Is Aldon adding a rider for this season (2016 mx) or next season (2017 sx & mx)?
Seems a bit late in the game to add someone now, in the hopes of seeing significant payoff during the 2016 outdoor series...but what do I know?

Wilson is said to be out at KTM for 2017. Maybe it'll be whoever takes Wilson's place.

DonM
5/16/2016 7:34am
It will be a 250 rider.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/16/2016 7:37am
If Aldon takes anyone, it'll be whoever is the top guy at TLD KTM. It would be good to see Shane go out there and learn from those guys. He seems like the kinda kid that would fit in well with those guys, put in the work, and learn what it takes to be a top 450 rider.

Davalos is pretty well established in his program, and CP would never do a program like Aldon's.
DonM
5/16/2016 7:43am
TriRacer27 wrote:
If Aldon takes anyone, it'll be whoever is the top guy at TLD KTM. It would be good to see Shane go out there and learn...
If Aldon takes anyone, it'll be whoever is the top guy at TLD KTM. It would be good to see Shane go out there and learn from those guys. He seems like the kinda kid that would fit in well with those guys, put in the work, and learn what it takes to be a top 450 rider.

Davalos is pretty well established in his program, and CP would never do a program like Aldon's.
Or a top KTM/Husky amateur thats coming up soon.....but if it's someone already on the team I would say probably Nelson as he did spend some time with Aldon previously.
davistld01
5/16/2016 7:53am
TriRacer27 wrote:
If Aldon takes anyone, it'll be whoever is the top guy at TLD KTM. It would be good to see Shane go out there and learn...

DonM wrote:
Or a top KTM/Husky amateur thats coming up soon.....but if it's someone already on the team I would say probably Nelson as he did spend some...
Or a top KTM/Husky amateur thats coming up soon.....but if it's someone already on the team I would say probably Nelson as he did spend some time with Aldon previously.
Nelson makes sense.
RG1
5/16/2016 8:07am
I think it could be Wilson. I know he has expressed interest in working with Aldon before
DonM
5/16/2016 8:22am
RG1 wrote:
I think it could be Wilson. I know he has expressed interest in working with Aldon before
Won't be Dean, It will be a 250 rider
davistld01
5/16/2016 8:29am
RG1 wrote:
From what I've read, KTM is keeping Wilson for 2017 on a performance based contract. It's cool that they are standing beside him after what he's been through...but I don't see KTM investing the kind of dollars that Aldon reportedly requires for a "maybe" like Dean.

Nelson has shown that he has championship speed and skills, and that's what Aldon seems to be the best at...fine-tuning guys who are already bullet fast to be the best they can be.
kkawboy14
5/16/2016 8:35am
Using his facilities with him and the other riders on the track at the same time has a value even if he doesn't work real closely with the specific rider.
Dezerted
5/16/2016 8:59am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2016 9:02am
He says himself there's currently not anyone riding Ktm/husky he thinks fits his program. He doesn't have to have a fourth but if HE chooses to add a fourth it will be a Ktm or husky guy. Most likely an up and comer amateur. Rattray currently trains most of the Troy Lee guys.

Its basically a contract that states any guy he adds has to be one of their bikes but he can pick and choose how many he trains. Oh I they get use of his facilities
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/16/2016 9:12am
TriRacer27 wrote:

DonM wrote:
Or a top KTM/Husky amateur thats coming up soon.....but if it's someone already on the team I would say probably Nelson as he did spend some...
davistld01 wrote:
Nelson makes sense.
Yeah, Nelson would be a good addition too. He would be a real threat next year if he spent the off-season training with those guys.
tprice07
5/16/2016 9:18am
It'll be Ken Roczen for sure. He's switching back to KTM and go back to Aldon.
davistld01
5/16/2016 9:30am
tprice07 wrote:
Pppfffffttt...

Ok.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/16/2016 9:35am
DonM wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Nelson makes sense.
TriRacer27 wrote:
Yeah, Nelson would be a good addition too. He would be a real threat next year if he spent the off-season training with those guys.
I like Nelson, but you're kidding yourself if you think any kind of training is going to help him keep Martin in site.
davistld01
5/16/2016 9:43am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2016 9:57am
davistld01 wrote:
Nelson makes sense.
TriRacer27 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
I like Nelson, but you're kidding yourself if you think any kind of training is going to help him keep Martin in site.
That's kinda what some were saying about Musquin not being in the shape necessary to hang with Dungey too...

How about Zach Osborne? He's kinda been off the radar though...has he been injured?
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/16/2016 9:56am
Neson and McElrath definitely would benefit. They are both very close to having "it" and a good training regimen might be just what they need.
aeffertz
5/16/2016 10:42am
davistld01 wrote:
That's kinda what some were saying about Musquin not being in the shape necessary to hang with Dungey too... How about Zach Osborne? He's kinda been...
That's kinda what some were saying about Musquin not being in the shape necessary to hang with Dungey too...

How about Zach Osborne? He's kinda been off the radar though...has he been injured?
Yeah, he got banged up in SX for a bit but raced Vegas. So we should see him outdoors.
aeffertz
5/16/2016 10:44am
I feel somehow forkner will be there. Kids gonna be too good to go anywhere else. I wonder if ktm locked up aldon in an attempt...
I feel somehow forkner will be there. Kids gonna be too good to go anywhere else. I wonder if ktm locked up aldon in an attempt to break any of that becoming possible..
Not for a while. The PC team doesn't think Aldon's program is suited well for young and upcoming riders. They talked about it a bit on Pulp with Mitch Peyton and AC recently.

Plus Aldon is KTM/Husqvarna only now anyway.
tprice07
5/16/2016 10:53am
tprice07 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Pppfffffttt...

Ok.
Stamp it
Jakes Dad
5/16/2016 11:05am
Be awesome if it was Frye, kid deserves it.
davistld01
5/16/2016 11:18am
davistld01 wrote:
That's kinda what some were saying about Musquin not being in the shape necessary to hang with Dungey too... How about Zach Osborne? He's kinda been...

aeffertz wrote:
Yeah, he got banged up in SX for a bit but raced Vegas. So we should see him outdoors.
What I was alluding to was how he successfully held RD off for 19-laps at one race, and then hit podium for several more. I don't think anybody really expected that from Marvin since his style is so perfect for the smaller bikes. He didn't look like he had the goods coming into the 2016 SX season as a 450 rookie, and against such a stacked class...

That said, I tend to agree with UpTiTe that Martin will probably beat even an AB'd Nelson...but we might be just as suprised as we were with Musquin.
RG1
5/16/2016 11:19am
RG1 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Won't be Dean, It will be a 250 rider
Fair enough, you guys know a lot more than me on the subject. I'm just glad KTM appear to be sticking with Deano. He's had a rough go of it recently

Post a reply to: Aldon's #4?

The Latest