ATTENTION JASON LAWRENCE!

ridge
Posts
2394
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Apple Valley, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 10:49am
Jason,
I'd like to see you live up to your potential and I think you are probably a good kid. You could use some direction in your life.

What's in it for me? I dunno. I'd like to make a difference in your life and help you realize your dreams. I don't need much; just enough to pay my bills and feed my dog. Maybe you could decide what it's worth if you succeed.

You need to make some decisions very soon that will affect the rest of your life. Make the wrong ones and you will end up a nobody...just like me.

I met you at Hangtown this year and told you what you did for that privateer kid was cool; you probably don't remember. Honestly, that day changed my opinion of you.

You can take my offer or leave it. Understand one thing though, I am a stranger, willing to take a chance (and risk what little I do have) because I think you are a good person, just misguided. So keep that in mind before you laugh and ridicule me.

The right focus, accompanied with your proven talent, will put you on top of this sport.

Sincerely,
Chris

chrisridgway181@yahoo.com


ps - Vital members...this isn't a joke so please keep the J-Law bashing down to 1 per user. Smile I know he reads these forums (or someone he knows, does.) This will be interesting! I feel like an idiot for posting this but I really believe in him.
|
jackson222
Posts
753
Joined
12/20/2008
Location
Nsw, AU
7/19/2009 2:52am
I'm not gonna bag on you or him, and i don't know how you plan to help, but i wish the kid would take your offer. But i doubt it, he has rejected these kinds of things before.
stoop
Posts
2394
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Suva, FJ
Fantasy
7/19/2009 2:53am
thats some funny shit Woohoo
RMZ819
Posts
1320
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
7/19/2009 3:43am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2009 3:46am
The sport is passing Lawrence by as we speak. It is all but over for him IMO. He has the talent to do good things in this sport but it appears he does not have the will. This is a bad time in MX to be doing what Lawrence is doing. There is way to much talent out there and for as much talent that Lawrence has its still is not enough for any good team let alone a factory to take a chance on him at this point. I think you can pretty much stick a fork in this kids MX career.

The Shop

MXR
Posts
3780
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
City, WA, USA
7/19/2009 6:01am
"Lawrence Out "blew it . He had plenty of chances to turn this train wreck around and choose not to . He may line up again on the gate , but I would be surprised to see him finish two motos in the top 20 . I'd like to see him get it togather , but I don't feel sorry for him . What a dumb shit
WhKnuckle
Posts
7327
Joined
7/17/2007
Location
USA
7/19/2009 6:07am
Remember that movie about the old baseball player, "The Rookie"? Remember the Patron Saint of Lost Causes? Ridge is going for that position. Still, you have to admire Ridge's willingness to try a salvage operation on a sunken ship lying in such deep water - good luck with the project, Ridge, but don't bet the farm on success.
MXR
Posts
3780
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
City, WA, USA
7/19/2009 6:14am
I feel sorry for Jasons grandfather who took him racing as a kid .
motogrady
Posts
3931
Joined
1/27/2008
Location
USA
7/19/2009 6:17am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:59am
Nice thought Ridge, but have you ever tried to tell a 20 something, anything, they don't already know?


That ship has sailed, years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
overdrive09
Posts
208
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Windermere, FL, USA
7/19/2009 6:31am
What your not seeing here is every company/individual who sponsored this kid this year has paid to try and do what you are offering. They have an invested interest in seeing this kid do well and have people who have tried to help him, I am sure of that.

Now you are offering him to pay you to come help him, I don't think your going to get the answer you are looking for. The only way he is going to change is for everyone to stop trying to help and say sorry we are done. Then maybe he will figure it out. Otherwise he is toast.
swizcore
Posts
4235
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
7/19/2009 6:48am
Chris your about to get "Matthes-ized".

I agree with you though.
7/19/2009 7:07am
Chris may be a good guy or a psycho fan....but either way that was some funny shit.

by the way, Chris - what are you offering him?
BallsOut
Posts
225
Joined
7/11/2009
Location
USA
7/19/2009 7:27am
Hannah tried to help but Jlaw refused.
KAWboy14
Posts
6502
Joined
12/31/2007
Location
Austin, TX, USA
7/19/2009 7:36am
he will be an awesome landscaper when he grows up!
RonSkj
Posts
2907
Joined
6/20/2008
Location
Radiator Springs, CA, USA
Fantasy
7/19/2009 7:59am
Chris may be a good guy or a psycho fan....but either way that was some funny shit. by the way, Chris - what are you offering...
Chris may be a good guy or a psycho fan....but either way that was some funny shit.

by the way, Chris - what are you offering him?
X 2
typ2vw159
Posts
1002
Joined
10/4/2007
Location
Mototown, CA, USA
7/19/2009 8:32am
BallsOut wrote:
Hannah tried to help but Jlaw refused.
Hanna now thats funny shit right there.
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
7/19/2009 9:00am
Without doing any J-law bashing here.....I think Chris's original post is in good heart. I wish that J-law would just wake the fuck up and do what he was born and bred to do....race a god damn bike. This has been said thousands of times , but Jason is going to regret so friggin' much when he gets older. had a shot at the big time and threw it all away to have a couple years of "coolness". There is one other thing that Jason better realize as well.....all this shit that is getting handed to him now , will slowly start to disappear. To many fast AM's making the move up , that have the heart to race. Jason , you better wake the fuck up bro , time to shit or get off the pot!
Devil1nNj
Posts
960
Joined
11/12/2006
Location
Hewitt, NJ, USA
7/19/2009 9:08am
Chris when he emails you ask him why he looked so good in Matt Woz's vid at E-Town but not so good at Millville.
I'm thinking he is not on pace (def not sitting 13 in practices) and will only race if he thinks he can win.

Is he not willing to risk further injury if he feels he won't get top finish bonus money?

There has to be an explanation. He looked good in Woz's vid at E-town. Although there was no one to compare him with.

Dogger
Posts
488
Joined
2/6/2009
Location
Wake Forest, NC, USA
7/19/2009 9:22am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:59am
he needs a Josh Grant style makeover, it's done wonders for his career. Granted, Josh wasn't as bad, it still is an incredible turnaround.


It's maybe too late though.....
crowe176
Posts
6613
Joined
9/8/2006
Location
Spring Lake, MI, USA
7/19/2009 9:47am
ridge wrote:
Jason, I'd like to see you live up to your potential and I think you are probably a good kid. You could use some direction in...
Jason,
I'd like to see you live up to your potential and I think you are probably a good kid. You could use some direction in your life.

What's in it for me? I dunno. I'd like to make a difference in your life and help you realize your dreams. I don't need much; just enough to pay my bills and feed my dog. Maybe you could decide what it's worth if you succeed.

You need to make some decisions very soon that will affect the rest of your life. Make the wrong ones and you will end up a nobody...just like me.

I met you at Hangtown this year and told you what you did for that privateer kid was cool; you probably don't remember. Honestly, that day changed my opinion of you.

You can take my offer or leave it. Understand one thing though, I am a stranger, willing to take a chance (and risk what little I do have) because I think you are a good person, just misguided. So keep that in mind before you laugh and ridicule me.

The right focus, accompanied with your proven talent, will put you on top of this sport.

Sincerely,
Chris

chrisridgway181@yahoo.com


ps - Vital members...this isn't a joke so please keep the J-Law bashing down to 1 per user. Smile I know he reads these forums (or someone he knows, does.) This will be interesting! I feel like an idiot for posting this but I really believe in him.
Just enough to feed Nimitz? HA
ktm764
Posts
163
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Cle Elum, WA, USA
7/19/2009 10:50am
Chris was a fast racer back in the day and has been thru alot , if anyone could help I think chris could do it.
Guzzler
Posts
352
Joined
2/2/2009
Location
Jensen Beach, FL, USA
7/19/2009 10:51am
Chris it is crazy that this was your 420th post. maybe J Law will see this and look towards you helping him out. I really wish that he would turn this all around and make everyone (even Bailey) eat thier words. Can this happen, I think so. J Law top 5 in a moto by the end of the season!!
Friday
Posts
2773
Joined
9/10/2007
Location
Playa Del Rey, CA, USA
7/19/2009 11:15am
Chris is a great dude. All about Moto......or racing anything in general.I'd love to see JL take him up on his offer because I know Chris is coming from a good place. I'm thinking it will take all money to stop flowing toward Jason before he gets back on track.As long as there is expendable income to play with,he may not see the light. We all know he has talent,but the mental aspect is so important.He's young and time hasn't completely passed him by. I'm sure many of us see parallels in our own lives that we wish we could change. I know I do. I'd gladly hang out with JLaw and chat about how many times I've slacked my way thru things and how far behind I feel like I am at this late age.Unsure
Dean
Posts
6089
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Goldsboro, NC, USA
7/19/2009 11:28am
Friday wrote:
Chris is a great dude. All about Moto......or racing anything in general.I'd love to see JL take him up on his offer because I know Chris...
Chris is a great dude. All about Moto......or racing anything in general.I'd love to see JL take him up on his offer because I know Chris is coming from a good place. I'm thinking it will take all money to stop flowing toward Jason before he gets back on track.As long as there is expendable income to play with,he may not see the light. We all know he has talent,but the mental aspect is so important.He's young and time hasn't completely passed him by. I'm sure many of us see parallels in our own lives that we wish we could change. I know I do. I'd gladly hang out with JLaw and chat about how many times I've slacked my way thru things and how far behind I feel like I am at this late age.Unsure
good post Friday. Difference for Jason is there's such a short window in mx

500guy
Posts
12468
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
7/19/2009 11:29am
So what happened this weekend with Jason ?

Chris , That's a generous offer but I think it's been made by several other people and all were pretty much shunned ,

This is not a slam on Jason but my personal belief is he really doesn't want to race, his actions give every indication of someone wanting to be pushed out so he can blame someone else.
ASH510
Posts
640
Joined
2/11/2009
Location
USA
7/19/2009 11:29am
Chris i hope he takes your offer and it works. i am not really a jlaw fan and i am not really a nonfan. but he needs someone who is there for his benefit and not there
own.
bullpen58
Posts
4399
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Fresno, CA, USA
7/19/2009 12:00pm
LOL. These J-law posts are hilarious!!!! Good one ridge.

I can't wait for the MX Files episode on J-law. I think it's about time they do one on him because his career is over . . . or should be.
Anonymous (not verified)
7/19/2009 12:04pm
bullpen58 wrote:
LOL. These J-law posts are hilarious!!!! Good one ridge. I can't wait for the MX Files episode on J-law. I think it's about time they do...
LOL. These J-law posts are hilarious!!!! Good one ridge.

I can't wait for the MX Files episode on J-law. I think it's about time they do one on him because his career is over . . . or should be.
lol at this guy. I think that Bullpen drops at least two "JLaw is a hasbeen" references a week. The sad part is, he keeps coming back and Bullpen keeps saying the same thing.
bullpen58
Posts
4399
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Fresno, CA, USA
7/19/2009 12:05pm
bullpen58 wrote:
LOL. These J-law posts are hilarious!!!! Good one ridge. I can't wait for the MX Files episode on J-law. I think it's about time they do...
LOL. These J-law posts are hilarious!!!! Good one ridge.

I can't wait for the MX Files episode on J-law. I think it's about time they do one on him because his career is over . . . or should be.
GoRide2 wrote:
lol at this guy. I think that Bullpen drops at least two "JLaw is a hasbeen" references a week. The sad part is, he keeps coming...
lol at this guy. I think that Bullpen drops at least two "JLaw is a hasbeen" references a week. The sad part is, he keeps coming back and Bullpen keeps saying the same thing.
And he keeps proving me right every single week.

Oh yeah, but "he's a good kid from a good family" right? LMAO!!!
Anonymous (not verified)
7/19/2009 12:07pm
bullpen58 wrote:
LOL. These J-law posts are hilarious!!!! Good one ridge. I can't wait for the MX Files episode on J-law. I think it's about time they do...
LOL. These J-law posts are hilarious!!!! Good one ridge.

I can't wait for the MX Files episode on J-law. I think it's about time they do one on him because his career is over . . . or should be.
GoRide2 wrote:
lol at this guy. I think that Bullpen drops at least two "JLaw is a hasbeen" references a week. The sad part is, he keeps coming...
lol at this guy. I think that Bullpen drops at least two "JLaw is a hasbeen" references a week. The sad part is, he keeps coming back and Bullpen keeps saying the same thing.
bullpen58 wrote:
And he keeps proving me right every single week.

Oh yeah, but "he's a good kid from a good family" right? LMAO!!!
lol who says that about JLaw?
bullpen58
Posts
4399
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Fresno, CA, USA
7/19/2009 12:11pm
I hear that all the time about every rider who makes a mistake. J-law just keeps making the same mistake over and over again.

Post a reply to: ATTENTION JASON LAWRENCE!

The Latest