Posts
1364
Joined
7/28/2008
Location
Glendale, AZ, USA
Edited Date/Time
4/27/2012 6:29pm
Roczen looked awesome on that bike! 2 great starts & a strong 2nd, looked like he had more speed than Short as well. I was torn, really wanted to see Short win his first but also really want to see the 350 on the top step. The end result was still great for both. Guessing RV is out the next 2, there's still a chance to see the 350 on top.
The Shop
Luxon 4-Post Bar Mounts
$189.95 - $239.95
DeCal Works Huge Plastic Inventory of UFO and Polisport kits.
Seriously though, the 350 is a capable machine in the hands of the right rider. My opinion is, the right rider is one who is a fast 250F rider because the bike needs to be ridden like a 250F in order to reach it's full potential.
In 2011 Andrew Short and Mike Alessi rode the 350. Both of them had both been on 450's for a while. I have ridden and raced both the KTM 450 and 350. They are worlds apart. I currently race the 450.
Ken Roczen's Exuberant, youthful, hang-it-out there style is better suited the 350. I guess we will see in the next few races.
Just my humble opinion.
P.S. Is this the place where I insert my JS7 JGR comment?
It's interesting how Short,Kenny and Alessi all finished and their current and previous relation to the bike,Musquin had a 4th on it too.It has to be accepted as a legitimate choice,the 350 will only get better too,it should be plenty in SX,and outdoors also.Roczen did look faster earlier on but said he got tired and was hanging on at the end,I was rooting for him to win but like most was happy for Short and the cat and mouse passing was awesome and clean,unlike the 250s
Pit Row
The National tracks favour horsepower.
I'm not against the 350 but I also think the privateer or smaller teams will always have a better chance on the 450.
Post a reply to: 350 Discussion