2020 CRF450RWE

yz25
Edited Date/Time 9/5/2019 10:17pm
Just pick my new toy up this morning..

Coming off a 2017.5 450 FE. The more comfortable I got on the bike the more I disliked the forks.

Question. Does anyone have a ride report? Im 6"1 around 195-200lbs.

Thanks

|
Camp332
9/4/2019 12:29pm
Who posts about getting a brand new bike, and doesn't provide photographic imagery Bro!?
yz25
9/4/2019 1:02pm
Camp332 wrote:
Who posts about getting a brand new bike, and doesn't provide photographic imagery Bro!?
No kidding. Lol!

The Shop

racerxx276
9/4/2019 2:37pm
The 19 was way out of balance. Front end was too soft feeling because the rear was so jacked up... Factory honda have a lowered sub frame, lowering link and shortened shock , then the stock forks will feel great!
kiwifan
9/4/2019 4:35pm
racerxx276 wrote:
The 19 was way out of balance. Front end was too soft feeling because the rear was so jacked up... Factory honda have a lowered sub...
The 19 was way out of balance. Front end was too soft feeling because the rear was so jacked up... Factory honda have a lowered sub frame, lowering link and shortened shock , then the stock forks will feel great!
did you own one? I only ask as I did not have that problem at all Smile
xr70
9/4/2019 5:09pm
yz25 wrote:
Just pick my new toy up this morning.. Coming off a 2017.5 450 FE. The more comfortable I got on the bike the more I disliked...
Just pick my new toy up this morning..

Coming off a 2017.5 450 FE. The more comfortable I got on the bike the more I disliked the forks.

Question. Does anyone have a ride report? Im 6"1 around 195-200lbs.

Thanks

Smart move .
Racer111
9/4/2019 5:17pm
racerxx276 wrote:
The 19 was way out of balance. Front end was too soft feeling because the rear was so jacked up... Factory honda have a lowered sub...
kiwifan wrote:
Me either.
owndjoo852
9/5/2019 5:22am
racerxx276 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Yea that sounds like a 2017 issue. lol.
racerxx276
9/5/2019 5:44am
I owned the 19 crf450r for about a month. Maybe its just me that find the front too low... then again team honda must feel the same.
Racer111
9/5/2019 6:01am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2019 6:04am
racerxx276 wrote:
I owned the 19 crf450r for about a month. Maybe its just me that find the front too low... then again team honda must feel the...
I owned the 19 crf450r for about a month. Maybe its just me that find the front too low... then again team honda must feel the same.
Here is a guy that read or heard something and just decided it was true. 😂😂

I’ve never heard ANYTHING like that. The only complaints I’ve heard about the Honda’s were the frame was really rigid, hard to keep cooled and it’s very finicky getting the suspension just right.

As for the front end being to low?? 🙄🙄🙄🤔🤔🤔 Yeah, ok.
kb228
9/5/2019 6:08am
racerxx276 wrote:
I owned the 19 crf450r for about a month. Maybe its just me that find the front too low... then again team honda must feel the...
Racer111 wrote:
Here is a guy that read or heard something and just decided it was true. 😂😂 I’ve never heard ANYTHING like that. The only complaints I’ve...

I’ve never heard ANYTHING like that. The only complaints I’ve heard about the Honda’s were the frame was really rigid, hard to keep cooled and it’s very finicky getting the suspension just right.

Everyone has different preferences and riding styles that might make them feel like the front is low.

If i got off my damn near choppered kawi and got on a honda id probably feel like the front is low too.

Ease up on them.
Mr. Afterbar
9/5/2019 6:12am
racerxx276 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
Here is a guy that read or heard something and just decided it was true. 😂😂 I’ve never heard ANYTHING like that. The only complaints I’ve...

Get over yourself. Nobody cares what bike you ride.
Racer111
9/5/2019 6:19am
racerxx276 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:

How does what I ride translate to anything I said??
Mr. Afterbar
9/5/2019 6:58am
Racer111 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:
You're a complete homer about the bike you ride. Post pics and talk about it every chance you get. This guy can't have a negative first hand opinion about one aspect about of a bike because it somehow affects you? Get over it.
Racer111
9/5/2019 7:31am
Racer111 wrote:
You're a complete homer about the bike you ride. Post pics and talk about it every chance you get. This guy can't have a negative first...
You're a complete homer about the bike you ride. Post pics and talk about it every chance you get. This guy can't have a negative first hand opinion about one aspect about of a bike because it somehow affects you? Get over it.
What bike do I ride? And again, I’ve said nothing about MY bike in this thread yet you keep bringing my bike up. Hmmm.....
lumpy790
9/5/2019 9:24am
racerxx276 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:

Since you are having the cooling issue I can try to come up and show you our Works CRF kit Noren, Lamay and Short have been running on their Hondas in the top 10 at the nationals.
Racer111
9/5/2019 9:36am
racerxx276 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:

lumpy790 wrote:
Since you are having the cooling issue I can try to come up and show you our Works CRF kit Noren, Lamay and Short have been...
Since you are having the cooling issue I can try to come up and show you our Works CRF kit Noren, Lamay and Short have been running on their Hondas in the top 10 at the nationals.
How much is it?
Mr. Afterbar
9/5/2019 9:49am
Racer111 wrote:
You're a complete homer about the bike you ride. Post pics and talk about it every chance you get. This guy can't have a negative first...
Racer111 wrote:
What bike do I ride? And again, I’ve said nothing about MY bike in this thread yet you keep bringing my bike up. Hmmm.....
The one you posted a picture of above. The one in your avatar. The one you are always posting pictures of whenever you see an opportunity. I really don't care, but don't think it's cool that you're giving this guy a hard time for offering his first hand personal opinion.
AH387
9/5/2019 9:50am
Congrats. Definitely a cool bike, for the type of person who is into those (and the factory editions). The Honda seems like a pretty nice set-up out of the box and for sure a great-looking machine. Enjoy.
Racer111
9/5/2019 10:55am
Racer111 wrote:
The one you posted a picture of above. The one in your avatar. The one you are always posting pictures of whenever you see an opportunity...
The one you posted a picture of above. The one in your avatar. The one you are always posting pictures of whenever you see an opportunity. I really don't care, but don't think it's cool that you're giving this guy a hard time for offering his first hand personal opinion.
The pic I posted above is not mine. The OP started a thread without a pic of a 2020 WE, so I posted one. It’s not mine. Never said it was mine.

As for the poster I was replying to, I was simply stating he is the ONLY person I’ve heard say that about any of the 2018, 2019 or the 2020 Honda’s. So, I have to question where he is getting that from. I’ve never heard any of the Factory Honda guys say that either.
Mr. Afterbar
9/5/2019 11:23am
Racer111 wrote:
The one you posted a picture of above. The one in your avatar. The one you are always posting pictures of whenever you see an opportunity...
Racer111 wrote:
The pic I posted above is not mine. The OP started a thread without a pic of a 2020 WE, so I posted one. It’s not...
The pic I posted above is not mine. The OP started a thread without a pic of a 2020 WE, so I posted one. It’s not mine. Never said it was mine.

As for the poster I was replying to, I was simply stating he is the ONLY person I’ve heard say that about any of the 2018, 2019 or the 2020 Honda’s. So, I have to question where he is getting that from. I’ve never heard any of the Factory Honda guys say that either.
You can question it without being a dick because you're offended that he has a complaint about the bike you obsess over. I didn't say that was your bike. You asked what bike you ride. That's the one.
Racer111
9/5/2019 11:42am
Racer111 wrote:
The pic I posted above is not mine. The OP started a thread without a pic of a 2020 WE, so I posted one. It’s not...

You can question it without being a dick because you're offended that he has a complaint about the bike you obsess over. I didn't say that...
You can question it without being a dick because you're offended that he has a complaint about the bike you obsess over. I didn't say that was your bike. You asked what bike you ride. That's the one.
I obsess over ALL MX bikes. Don’t we all? You keep referring to the Honda, but there is a KTM and Suzuki as well. I guess you missed my threads on those.
Mr. Afterbar
9/5/2019 12:17pm
Racer111 wrote:
I obsess over ALL MX bikes. Don’t we all? You keep referring to the Honda, but there is a KTM and Suzuki as well. I guess...
I obsess over ALL MX bikes. Don’t we all? You keep referring to the Honda, but there is a KTM and Suzuki as well. I guess you missed my threads on those.
Must have.
kiwifan
9/5/2019 1:28pm
Racer111 wrote:

You can question it without being a dick because you're offended that he has a complaint about the bike you obsess over. I didn't say that...
I think you are being the dick
kiwifan
9/5/2019 1:28pm
racerxx276 wrote:
A month?? cough *bullshit* cough
yz25
9/5/2019 6:45pm
Well. The wife just located the new toy or swap... went like 2 months when I went from a kawi to a zuki. Figured I had just as long. Some reason she wasn’t as excited. Probably just waiting for my ride report this weekend for all of it to set in. So I can y’all about all weekend.
kiwifan
9/5/2019 7:24pm
yz25 wrote:
Well. The wife just located the new toy or swap... went like 2 months when I went from a kawi to a zuki. Figured I had...
Well. The wife just located the new toy or swap... went like 2 months when I went from a kawi to a zuki. Figured I had just as long. Some reason she wasn’t as excited. Probably just waiting for my ride report this weekend for all of it to set in. So I can y’all about all weekend.
Be aware that Honda suspension on the 450 especially is very sensitive for clicker adjustment (forks and shock), so 1 click can totally change the way it works, so dont like think oh its too soft in the forks...I will do 3-4 clicks to make it a lot stiffer/harder in the compression, do one click at a time then retry ....you may find that 1 click is all that is needed depending on track conditions
yz25
9/5/2019 7:29pm
Great. Thank you for that input. That’s the information that I’m really looking for. Greatly appreciate it sir. Question-with my weight would you think the suspension is going to be too soft? I see where some of the “lighter” guys, main complaint is it being set up too stiff.

Thanks again.
yz25
9/5/2019 7:32pm
yz25 wrote:
Well. The wife just located the new toy or swap... went like 2 months when I went from a kawi to a zuki. Figured I had...
kiwifan wrote:
Be aware that Honda suspension on the 450 especially is very sensitive for clicker adjustment (forks and shock), so 1 click can totally change the way...
Be aware that Honda suspension on the 450 especially is very sensitive for clicker adjustment (forks and shock), so 1 click can totally change the way it works, so dont like think oh its too soft in the forks...I will do 3-4 clicks to make it a lot stiffer/harder in the compression, do one click at a time then retry ....you may find that 1 click is all that is needed depending on track conditions
Just started getting a little more comfortable with getting any idea with turning a clicker here and there but still find myself getting a little gun shy doing it at the track. Don’t want a track day ruined due to an error on my part with one little turn.

Post a reply to: 2020 CRF450RWE

The Latest