MXGP 2

3/1/2015 7:42am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2016 1:06pm
While watching Moto 2 last night,for the GPs, did anyone else catch that one of the commentators said about a new MXGP game being set to release in October 2015? Milestone has said nothing yet, although I hope they make it even better than the last, because so far MXGP has SX beat by a long shot. They went backwards with Alive, had the hardcore fans tell them how to fix it and what they wanted in SX yet the still ignored it.

|
zehn
3/1/2015 9:48pm
While watching Moto 2 last night,for the GPs, did anyone else catch that one of the commentators said about a new MXGP game being set to...
While watching Moto 2 last night,for the GPs, did anyone else catch that one of the commentators said about a new MXGP game being set to release in October 2015? Milestone has said nothing yet, although I hope they make it even better than the last, because so far MXGP has SX beat by a long shot. They went backwards with Alive, had the hardcore fans tell them how to fix it and what they wanted in SX yet the still ignored it.

There was a post about it on MXGP's Instagram account. They're making another one.
3/2/2015 9:01pm
This is good news. Just wondering what else they could improve on, that game is already the most realistic one released so far.
Grieby54
3/3/2015 7:54am
This is good news. Just wondering what else they could improve on, that game is already the most realistic one released so far.
The animated whips/scrubs, perhaps?
3/3/2015 8:12am
Grieby54 wrote:
The animated whips/scrubs, perhaps?
Or possibly making the whips/scurbs useful?

The Shop

DoctorJD
3/3/2015 9:09am
I heard this last week. Great news! Now if they can build upon the great platform they've currently got. Here's what I think needs to be improved upon:

Starts: Lamest part of the current game IMO. One of the most crucial parts of the sport is marginalized to the point of being automatic.

Clutch. Dirt bikes need clutches, even MXvsATV gets that.

Fine-tune the track deformation. Visually, all of the tracks look and feel like sand tracks, even though they aren't. Hard pack should break down slower and not look like fluff.

Add an option for random weather. If you've played any of the F1 games, you know what I'm talking about.

More options/selection as it pertains to gear.

motokawi818
3/3/2015 1:00pm
The problem i have with a clutch is it can be a difficult thing to get right. Look at Mx vs Atv supercross the clutch is a stupid boost. Plus MXGP has the isolated brakes so a clutch might be a little difficult to incorporate but if they can get it perfect and on a comfortable button I'd be game. Honestly the only things I think that can be improved is the freedom in the air and those animated scrubs, the start should be timing and not 1 2 3 go, and it'd be nice to be able to have local multiplayer so you can race your buddies on the same tv.
DoctorJD
3/3/2015 1:52pm
The problem i have with a clutch is it can be a difficult thing to get right. Look at Mx vs Atv supercross the clutch is...
The problem i have with a clutch is it can be a difficult thing to get right. Look at Mx vs Atv supercross the clutch is a stupid boost. Plus MXGP has the isolated brakes so a clutch might be a little difficult to incorporate but if they can get it perfect and on a comfortable button I'd be game. Honestly the only things I think that can be improved is the freedom in the air and those animated scrubs, the start should be timing and not 1 2 3 go, and it'd be nice to be able to have local multiplayer so you can race your buddies on the same tv.
Disagree concerning the clutch. It can be done right, anyone who's played MXSim with a Xbox or PS3 game pad can attest to that. Plus, you can't have a realistic start without a clutch. I agree with your assessment on freeing the bike up in the air. Didn't mention that in my earlier wish list, but that would seem to be a simple tweak that would go a long way.
motokawi818
3/3/2015 2:23pm
DoctorJD wrote:
Disagree concerning the clutch. It can be done right, anyone who's played MXSim with a Xbox or PS3 game pad can attest to that. Plus, you...
Disagree concerning the clutch. It can be done right, anyone who's played MXSim with a Xbox or PS3 game pad can attest to that. Plus, you can't have a realistic start without a clutch. I agree with your assessment on freeing the bike up in the air. Didn't mention that in my earlier wish list, but that would seem to be a simple tweak that would go a long way.
Wish I had a gaming computer so I could give mxsim a try just not in the budget. I agree a clutch would be amazing but I'd rather not have one than the one MvA Supercross has. The milestone crew seems to have things figured out so I'm sure if they put one in it would work great and feel natural.
TKL965
3/4/2015 1:41am
clutch was good in all mva except supercross.
So glad they are making another one, clutch, and free control in the air.

I think they will have a winner!
Paul333
3/13/2015 11:14am
I could not care less about a clutch. I hope they find a way to stop the cheaters going around whole sections of the track. Something like slowing your bike down to virtualy nothing while you are off the track might work.
1-forty-8
3/15/2015 11:01am
DoctorJD wrote:
I heard this last week. Great news! Now if they can build upon the great platform they've currently got. Here's what I think needs to be...
I heard this last week. Great news! Now if they can build upon the great platform they've currently got. Here's what I think needs to be improved upon:

Starts: Lamest part of the current game IMO. One of the most crucial parts of the sport is marginalized to the point of being automatic.

Clutch. Dirt bikes need clutches, even MXvsATV gets that.

Fine-tune the track deformation. Visually, all of the tracks look and feel like sand tracks, even though they aren't. Hard pack should break down slower and not look like fluff.

Add an option for random weather. If you've played any of the F1 games, you know what I'm talking about.

More options/selection as it pertains to gear.

This!!! This big time.

And more freedom in the air. Like Reflex. Loved the physics for scrubs and whips on Reflex. And tougher AI.
peelout
3/16/2015 9:53am
Paul333 wrote:
I could not care less about a clutch. I hope they find a way to stop the cheaters going around whole sections of the track. Something...
I could not care less about a clutch. I hope they find a way to stop the cheaters going around whole sections of the track. Something like slowing your bike down to virtualy nothing while you are off the track might work.
i agree, unfortunately there will ALWAYS be cheaters, no matter the game.
TKL965
3/16/2015 2:14pm
Anybody found any info on the new game
DoctorJD
3/17/2015 7:34am
One more thing: Since the multiplayer is so screwed, I do a lot of "career" mode stuff. I won an overall yesterday by going 10-1. Huh? Why are the AI riders so inconsistent? This isn't an isolated incident, it happens all of the time, and it really takes the challenge out of doing a career mode. Again, I'll use F1 as an example. This isn't a problem with that game. I did several careers on F1 2012, and every season, there seemed to be a different driver that stood out among the others. More times than not, that driver was at the top of the standings, and pushing you. Over the course of a season, it made the game more compelling.

kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
3/19/2015 1:00am
The next MXGP game won't need much to get me to spend my cash. More tracks, varied weather which Milestone does well on their MotoGP games, clutch. updated bikes/teams, etc.
ivanasw1
3/20/2015 4:45am
- More AI riders at the gate.
- Improve AI speed and logic. Now it's easy to win on hardest settings. Also AI tend to over jump everything and fall in quick corners.
- Improve engine sounds. Now it's too synthetic. Also add proper rev sound.
- If you hit AI rider, the one who falls is you. AI riders are like concrete blocks. They need to fix this also.
- Remove stupid "Ready steady go" start.
- Add clutch.
- Update teams and bikes for 2015.
- Add 2015 GP tracks.
- Add training track to test bike.
- Add more helmets, boots to choose from.
- Add 2 stroke engine bikes.
- Add ability to create your own team in career mode, hire riders.
- Add more fonts (now there are only 3) for racing numbers.
- Reduce fender vibrations.
- Increase size of allowed letters for custom names.
- Remove fixed whip/scrub animation.
- Improve online game stability.
- Improve animations (riders are too stiff, mechanics in pit stop loops cheering animations, flags look unrealistic).

If they would look into this list, it would the best MX game for me.
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
3/23/2015 11:19pm
Yeah, the AI is actually a huge issue. On the hardest difficulty I'm nearly 10 seconds a lap faster on every track. Absolutely insane.
6/16/2015 5:45pm
Anyone hear anything new on this? Need an MX game for the XBone
6/17/2015 12:44am
There's a few little issues here and there in what was otherwise a very good game last time imo, but for me the biggest thing is the AI, the AI simply isn't fast enough to provide a challenge on most tracks (Matterley's probably the exception). Great news to hear that there's another one on the way. The devs really seemed to listen to people last time and have made big strides between each title thus far.
6/17/2015 11:50am
The difference between MUD the game and MXGP was immense. Really steps forward. So hopefully they take it even further.
AI for sure needs an UPGRADE .. Last year or whenever it was i did a stream and got a perfect season (RC style yeah!) against the hardest difficulty. Also the online was glitched like fuck not sure if i even ever finished a moto (pc version).

Either way looking forward to a new MX-Game. We need more of them! (late 90s style was godly with multiple mx games developpers)
TKL965
6/21/2015 7:58pm
any info surfaced yet?
6/26/2015 12:37am
can wait for this to come out... hopefully on ps4!
EV901
8/3/2015 10:04am
MXGP is far from realistic, don't even talk about it being most realistic. You should try Mx Simulator.
8/3/2015 10:12am
EV901 wrote:
MXGP is far from realistic, don't even talk about it being most realistic. You should try Mx Simulator.
Most realistic on consoles..... I like MX Sim but would be better for me if it were on a console instead of a PC only title.
MotoMo165
8/3/2015 11:27am
It is going to for Xbox 1 and ps4 and I believe on pc (steam). No old consoles. Expect more information next month. Not to brag but I'm one of the tops guys on 360 if anyone wants to race :b
Spydee
8/3/2015 11:51pm
MX Vs ATV eat your heart out - looks like we have a potential for the best MX game soon!
logan_140
8/5/2015 8:58am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2015 8:58am
Weather effects would be cool. On ps4 you could get mud on the screen and swipe the touch pad for a tear off
Spydee
8/5/2015 11:55pm
Dynamic weather should be incorporated quite easily (look at the F1 games)... not a fan of the tear off option though. With the complication of controls on modern consoles do you really want to be reaching out for the "tear-off" button every couple of seconds?

That would be like having a "cry-like-a-10-year-old-schoolgirl-after-a-slide-tackle" button on FIFA.

Post a reply to: MXGP 2

The Latest