1992 RM125 completed...updated pipe

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2018 11:53 AM

I picked up this all original RM minus silencer a few months ago from an old man that had it sitting in his shed since 96. I'm finally getting some time to get the old girl fresh. Voted the ugliest bike of all time but I think she's dead sexy. Haha
I'm finally at the point of reassembling this old lady. Wish me luck!

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Throwbackmxguy

6/2/2018 6:35 PM

Nice, looks like it had an easy life before you.

|

6/2/2018 7:55 PM

yak651 wrote:

Nice, looks like it had an easy life before you.

It certainly did. It's still difficult not wanting to spend too much money on the damn thing though. smile

|

Throwbackmxguy

6/2/2018 9:04 PM

I was advised that those ugly ones might be the best time you'll ever have!

|

6/2/2018 10:15 PM

mikec265 wrote:

I was advised that those ugly ones might be the best time you'll ever have!

Ha! Let's hope

|

Throwbackmxguy

6/2/2018 10:48 PM

Looking good, can’t wait to see her come together! Don’t worry about the ugly ones jokes as I can attest that theses girls are fly and fast if you know how to ride em’

My 92 RM-250 (Swinkster) build is a couple steps behind your 125 but I should have my parts back from cerakoting in the next week or so and my frame is ready for pickup on Tuesday. I will post a build as it starts coming together.

|

6/3/2018 7:51 AM

quiknic wrote:

Looking good, can’t wait to see her come together! Don’t worry about the ugly ones jokes as I can attest that theses girls are fly and fast if you know how to ride em’

My 92 RM-250 (Swinkster) build is a couple steps behind your 125 but I should have my parts back from cerakoting in the next week or so and my frame is ready for pickup on Tuesday. I will post a build as it starts coming together.

I don't sweat the ugliness at all. These bikes are killer for sure. I'm stoked to see your swinkster build man! Did you go with the pink or yellow seat? That decision for me took a week haha.

|

Throwbackmxguy

6/3/2018 9:05 AM

Going 92 US Full Factory Team baby:

Photo

|

6/3/2018 9:12 AM

quiknic wrote:

Going 92 US Full Factory Team baby:

Photo

That's badass! I'm regretting getting the stock colors but I don't want to wait another month and a half to get the U.S. team pink. Nice work man.

|

Throwbackmxguy

6/11/2018 3:26 PM

quiknic wrote:

Going 92 US Full Factory Team baby:

Photo

I love the “Team” look in 1992! Where did you get that cover...Mastercross? I’m about to pull the trigger on this one but if you have a different source I’ll check them out?? Photo

|



6/11/2018 5:53 PM

quiknic wrote:

Going 92 US Full Factory Team baby:

Photo

DJBobbyD wrote:

I love the “Team” look in 1992! Where did you get that cover...Mastercross? I’m about to pull the trigger on this one but if you have a different source I’ll check them out?? Photo

I actually bought this Tecnosel pink team cover from a Vital MX member and the stock yellow/purple colors Tecnosel from Mastercross plus a spare just in case I wanted to change it up.

|

6/11/2018 11:48 PM

Awesome! I’ve been building my 92 for over 5 years and I always wanted to do a Swink replica so thanks for the motivation my friend. Also, did FMF build that pipe for you or did you find it on the web?

|



6/12/2018 9:14 AM

DJBobbyD wrote:

Awesome! I’ve been building my 92 for over 5 years and I always wanted to do a Swink replica so thanks for the motivation my friend. Also, did FMF build that pipe for you or did you find it on the web?

The FMF pipe was an Ebay find actually. I actually just got really lucky. Its at piperepair.com now to get a fresh new look and a small dent removed. Good luck on your build! cool bikes

|

Throwbackmxguy

6/16/2018 11:09 PM

After many hours of labor the swingarm is ready. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/1/2018 10:38 AM

Photo
Photo
|

Throwbackmxguy

7/1/2018 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2018 1:08 PM

We need more pics, let’s see it all!

Sweet job on the build as it came out great ?

|

7/1/2018 1:30 PM

Wow!!! Well done. I’d love hear it bark.

|

bd

7/1/2018 7:37 PM

Man that looks great, jealous!!

|

7/1/2018 7:53 PM

quiknic wrote:

We need more pics, let’s see it all!

Sweet job on the build as it came out great ?

Thanks brutha! I will post a few more

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/1/2018 7:55 PM

bd wrote:

Wow!!! Well done. I’d love hear it bark.

It started first kick. Haha. I'll upload a vid if my phone let's me.

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/1/2018 7:55 PM

yak651 wrote:

Man that looks great, jealous!!

Thanks man.

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/1/2018 8:02 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

Throwbackmxguy

7/1/2018 8:04 PM

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/1/2018 9:09 PM

F-Yeah, Bravo Manbearpig!!! The bike looks tits (as well as your yard, damn) and is looking just like I was planning to do my 125 when the 250 build is complete.

Are you gonna ride or race this sweet ride or hang her up on your wall like a Carmichael trophy? I would have to spin laps on her but that is just what I like doing after spending the time to make them great again.

What happen to the FMF pipe? The stocker looks bitchen with what you have done but that gold FMF tag must get a shot too.

Two thumbs up from this end and again great job. I'm Luvin It!

|

7/1/2018 9:36 PM

quiknic wrote:

F-Yeah, Bravo Manbearpig!!! The bike looks tits (as well as your yard, damn) and is looking just like I was planning to do my 125 when the 250 build is complete.

Are you gonna ride or race this sweet ride or hang her up on your wall like a Carmichael trophy? I would have to spin laps on her but that is just what I like doing after spending the time to make them great again.

What happen to the FMF pipe? The stocker looks bitchen with what you have done but that gold FMF tag must get a shot too.

Two thumbs up from this end and again great job. I'm Luvin It!

Thanks brutha!! It was a ton of fun. The FMF pipe is waiting for a silencer for that specific pipe. The bike is technically a gift for my wife. Haha. It will get ridden but not a ton or hard until my slightly overweight ass takes it for a rip.

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/2/2018 9:28 PM

WOW! EXCELLENT job! Congratulations on all the attention to detail. The stock pipe really looks wonderful!

|

7/2/2018 10:26 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

WOW! EXCELLENT job! Congratulations on all the attention to detail. The stock pipe really looks wonderful!

Thank you very much. It was a ton of fun.

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/2/2018 10:29 PM

Looks awesome! What kind of pegs did you use, and what coating ison the covers/hubs?

|

7/2/2018 10:34 PM

Micahdogg wrote:

Looks awesome! What kind of pegs did you use, and what coating ison the covers/hubs?

Thanks! I used IMS pegs and I had cerakote done to the hubs, triples and covers.

|

Throwbackmxguy

7/2/2018 10:54 PM

Really nice out come!

|