82 RM 125 on FB Mplace

Oldschool
Posts
1637
Joined
8/29/2006
Location
USA
Edited Date/Time 7/16/2024 8:23pm

https://www.facebook.com/share/x8sjxjW5xaXJmpar/?mibextid=kL3p88

81 was better in my opinion..

But she's all there ....turn key

1
|
Sully
Posts
9589
Joined
8/24/2006
Location
JP
7/16/2024 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2024 9:32pm
Oldschool wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/share/x8sjxjW5xaXJmpar/?mibextid=kL3p88

81 was better in my opinion..

But she's all there ....turn key

What made the '81 better? I thought '81 - '83 were identical except the graphics. I was still on 80s at the time, so I'm genuinely curious.

tydog
Posts
1027
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Monticello, GA, USA
7/16/2024 10:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2024 10:15pm

81 had a power reed cylinder (reed port at bottom of intake directly on to crank) and also true intake tract into cylinder. Basically 2 directions of intake charge.  
82 was a conventional reed valve into cylinder 

3
tydog
Posts
1027
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Monticello, GA, USA
7/16/2024 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2024 10:32pm

They began using it in 1976 on all sizes, see bottom left in above pic. 

1
AZ35
Posts
2984
Joined
6/1/2008
Location
Peoria, AZ, USA
Fantasy
7/17/2024 7:46am

I still have 2 of them in way better shape than that, bought them both about 15 years ago just because I always wanted one when they were new (I was still on 80's back then). 

The Full Floater suspension just seemed like something magical at the time, some of the older kids from my High School had 81 Rm125's and anytime I would see them out riding in the desert it was like seeing a full on works Suzuki to me.

3

The Shop

sandman768
Posts
8253
Joined
3/21/2014
Location
Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
7/17/2024 9:48am

Bike looks pretty original, glad I am far away… wanted one of these so bad when I was kid, would go down to Suzuki dealer & just stare at them …dreaming ….I did ride one in 82-83, I was riding old junk at the time and it was a revelation to ride that bike…

1
Oldschool
Posts
1637
Joined
8/29/2006
Location
USA
7/17/2024 5:09pm
sandman768 wrote:
Bike looks pretty original, glad I am far away… wanted one of these so bad when I was kid, would go down to Suzuki dealer &...

Bike looks pretty original, glad I am far away… wanted one of these so bad when I was kid, would go down to Suzuki dealer & just stare at them …dreaming ….I did ride one in 82-83, I was riding old junk at the time and it was a revelation to ride that bike…

I'll pick it up for you ! , well ffigure out shipping at your convenience 

sandman768
Posts
8253
Joined
3/21/2014
Location
Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
7/18/2024 6:11am
Oldschool wrote:

I'll pick it up for you ! , well ffigure out shipping at your convenience 

Ha ha…I”m currently at full capacity….IMG 3111 3.jpeg?VersionId=S3l H

9
Oldschool
Posts
1637
Joined
8/29/2006
Location
USA
7/18/2024 7:07am

NICE !

tydog
Posts
1027
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Monticello, GA, USA
7/18/2024 7:24am
Oldschool wrote:

I'll pick it up for you ! , well ffigure out shipping at your convenience 

sandman768 wrote:
Ha ha…I”m currently at full capacity….

Ha ha…I”m currently at full capacity….IMG 3111 3.jpeg?VersionId=S3l H

Is that an 81 250 that I see? 

sandman768
Posts
8253
Joined
3/21/2014
Location
Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
7/18/2024 7:59am
Oldschool wrote:

I'll pick it up for you ! , well ffigure out shipping at your convenience 

sandman768 wrote:
Ha ha…I”m currently at full capacity….

Ha ha…I”m currently at full capacity….IMG 3111 3.jpeg?VersionId=S3l H

tydog wrote:

Is that an 81 250 that I see? 

Yes! To me, that is a holy grail Suzuki RM…. I Restored it a few years ago, I need to breakdown the wheels & either replace the spokes or have them re-zinked , they have rusted. I cleaned them up with soda blast, must of removed whatever remaining zinc coating was on them. 

1
tydog
Posts
1027
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Monticello, GA, USA
7/18/2024 11:53am

True on the Holy!! Congratulations and a one year bike for sure.  
I have an 81 125 still that I bought new and not long ago picked up an 83 500 

Cheers 

3
JezCross
Posts
10
Joined
6/12/2024
Location
Rosbery, NSW, AU
7/18/2024 5:01pm

jealous of that 81 250! those are rare birds nowadays.


 

3
sandman768
Posts
8253
Joined
3/21/2014
Location
Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
7/19/2024 10:16am
JezCross wrote:

jealous of that 81 250! those are rare birds nowadays.


 

I actually seen another one for sale a few months ago, the owner thought it was a 1980 …. It was priced very cheap, if it were closer I would have picked it up… I”m pretty much done restoring bikes… I just try to maintain what I have now…

1
DaveB771
Posts
351
Joined
7/27/2011
Location
Minneapolis, MN, USA
7/24/2024 5:34am
sandman768 wrote:
I actually seen another one for sale a few months ago, the owner thought it was a 1980 …. It was priced very cheap, if it...

I actually seen another one for sale a few months ago, the owner thought it was a 1980 …. It was priced very cheap, if it were closer I would have picked it up… I”m pretty much done restoring bikes… I just try to maintain what I have now…

I had an 81 250. One of the two bikes I wish I still had. As long as I wouldn’t have to deal with that airbox. 

sandman768
Posts
8253
Joined
3/21/2014
Location
Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
7/24/2024 5:42am

Whats better than cleanning an air filter? How about 2😂

1
MaxPower
Posts
2703
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
8/8/2024 11:50am
sandman768 wrote:

Whats better than cleanning an air filter? How about 2😂

I lliked the air box on the Floaters. I thought they were simple and was easy to change. 

1

Post a reply to: 82 RM 125 on FB Mplace

The Latest