Thinking about getting a 1987 kx 250 that starts and runs as is. Anyone know of a good source for parts for this bike ?
I restored a 1985 KX125 this past year and will tell you parts for these older KX's are a challenge. You'll have to spend a lot of time on Ebay, and CMSNL.com. Also had a little luck with Vintagekawasaki.com. Good luck.
I rebuilt a 87 KX250 a few years ago. Parts are hard to come by since this was a unicorn year for the KX250. It shared almost nothing in common with the 86 or 88.
If you get one and can source the 88 43mm forks, go for it. 88's were cartridge and work a lot better
I restored a 1985 KX125 this past year and will tell you parts for these older KX's are a challenge. You'll have to spend a lot of time on Ebay, and CMSNL.com. Also had a little luck with Vintagekawasaki.com. Good luck.
I rebuilt a 87 KX250 a few years ago. Parts are hard to come by since this was a unicorn year for the KX250. It shared almost nothing in common with the 86 or 88.
If you get one and can source the 88 43mm forks, go for it. 88's were cartridge and work a lot better
I'm parting out an 88 KX 250 that just came in. Rough but, has alot of parts.

Post a reply to: 1987 KX 250