YZ125 ProCircuit RV Spec pipe

Edited Date/Time 3/22/2021 5:57pm
Anyone had the opportunity to test the new RV spec YZ125 pipe? Wondered how it measures up against what you've used before.
|
Rider 5280
3/18/2021 5:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 5:49pm
For reference (this got me curious!):
https://racerxonline.com/2020/11/03/pro-circuit-releases-ryan-villopoto…

The claim:
"...designed to be stronger on the bottom to the middle part of the power band. This is extremely beneficial off the start or on tighter, softer tracks where acceleration out of corners is key. The RV Ti-2 silencer is available for 2002-2021 YZ125 models and offers a professional look and a factory sound. When compared to a stock silencer, the RV Ti-2 version increases power on the bottom-end."

3/19/2021 7:31am
Seen the promo's and ads. Looking for real world feedback.
3/19/2021 8:22am
I have the RV pipe and silencer on mine. Only comparison I have is to the stock setup. I'm also a C-class rider who isn't the most perceptive tester so take that for what it's worth.
RV system seems to take less clutch work to stay on the pipe than stock and it revs through the rpm range pretty quickly causing it to feel like it may sign off a bit lower than stock but I/m not positive that's true.
Probably not a concern for most but due to the shorty silencer and the can being carbon it is way louder than stock even when new.
I initially bought it for the cool/limited-edition factor but I would say I am pleased with the performance so far.

The Shop

bd
3/21/2021 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2021 3:32pm
This set-up has me excited. I have the PC rack and RV pipes as well as the rack carbon shorty. I also sent my engine to PC for the RV spec. I should receive the engine, flywheel, and piston next week. PC no longer sells the RV spec CDI, so I am adding the Vortex or GET. Lastly, I have a complete GYTR - clutch with Hinson clutch springs and plates. I cannot wait to ride this (MRX02 only).

Question - my bike has a very few hours but it's older. When do you recommend rebuilding the bottom end (hours and years)?
3/22/2021 12:02pm
bd wrote:
This set-up has me excited. I have the PC rack and RV pipes as well as the rack carbon shorty. I also sent my engine to...
This set-up has me excited. I have the PC rack and RV pipes as well as the rack carbon shorty. I also sent my engine to PC for the RV spec. I should receive the engine, flywheel, and piston next week. PC no longer sells the RV spec CDI, so I am adding the Vortex or GET. Lastly, I have a complete GYTR - clutch with Hinson clutch springs and plates. I cannot wait to ride this (MRX02 only).

Question - my bike has a very few hours but it's older. When do you recommend rebuilding the bottom end (hours and years)?
PC could advise on the bottom end if they have your engine. If they just have your cyl/head the Motor dept would still be able to give you recommended rebuild intervals based on age and how you use it.

PC is still out of stock on many Yamaha works pipes including the RV pipe. May have to pick up an HGS or DEP to try in the meantime.
Skerby
3/22/2021 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2021 5:57pm
bd wrote:
This set-up has me excited. I have the PC rack and RV pipes as well as the rack carbon shorty. I also sent my engine to...

I replace main bearings every 60 hours. Check the crank out but don't replace/rebuild if it specs out fine. Look at gears and shift forks, REPLACE if you see any signs of wear.
1975api2488
5/23/2022 4:36pm
Did you get the RV engine back?
Just looking to send my engine to them,

Post a reply to: YZ125 ProCircuit RV Spec pipe

The Latest