YZ/KTM premix question

mxteach
Posts
77
Joined
9/12/2009
Location
New Windsor, MD, USA
I have a question about premi ratios.

I have have had 2 strokes since the 80s and always ran 32:1.
I still have a 2009 YZ250 that i run that way.

However i just bought a new KTM 300xc and they say 60:1!!

So I really don't want to have to have 2 separate gas mixture if i can around it.....is there a safe middle ground that will work for both or should i just get another fuel can?

Thanks!
|
kb228
Posts
6153
Joined
1/31/2018
Location
Mansfield, OH, USA
5/28/2019 5:18am
Im an advocate to running what the mfg says to run. They really do know best.

That being said theres been people on here saying they run 50:1 in a yz and in the ktms. That might be a middle ground. When i had my yz250 i ran 32:1 and didnt feel comfortable to veer from that.
1
dmm698
Posts
955
Joined
6/24/2015
Location
USA
5/28/2019 5:53am
TMR Ported YZ 250 48:1 with straight C12 and amsoil, no problems, and I was always a 32:1 guy.
Paw Paw 271
Posts
3632
Joined
4/3/2013
Location
Benton, LA, USA
5/28/2019 6:13am
Stay with the OEM recommendations as it has a great effect on jetting. If you change, you will need to rejet for the change. Also you may want to do a search at Motocross.com ( the magazine) as they did a very good study on these ratios as it pertains to the KTM's and found the OEM spec worked the best even with rejetting.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: YZ/KTM premix question

The Latest