Grippy frame guard's ??

jeffro503
Hey guy's , I have been using some trick CF frame guard's on my 125 from pro carbon. They look really good , but am looking for a set ( two sets actually ) of some guard's that have some good gripping . Wanted to get some for both my TC 250 and 125. Anything out there you guys like , that hold up well , look good with good grip?
|
RONJ OSE
3/25/2019 11:40am
i buy a 3 foot by 3 foot of grip tape every year.

i make a template then cut as many sets as i can get, the i change them every 2 rides
Jrewing
3/25/2019 2:54pm
Stegpegz look dog ugly but work great. Yep grip tape and change often. Not as good as Stegpegz but.
jeffro503
3/25/2019 3:09pm
Yeah , I've done the grip tape thing for years and I just get tired of changing it out all the time. Thought there might be something better out there that would hold up.

The Shop

Alec138
3/25/2019 4:27pm
Acerbis x frame guards are amazing. Exactly what your looking for. $40 a set.
Tracktor
3/26/2019 2:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah , I've done the grip tape thing for years and I just get tired of changing it out all the time. Thought there might be...
Yeah , I've done the grip tape thing for years and I just get tired of changing it out all the time. Thought there might be something better out there that would hold up.
JJW Designs - Trik Tape. My boys torture test for Justin. He has some prototype stuff that has held up amazing. Zach usually ruins anything within a couple of rides and this stuff is still hanging in after a couple of months. Even his standard stuff is better than most other offerings.............
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
3/26/2019 7:26pm
Alec138 wrote:
Agreed. They're on all of my bikes.
Alec138
3/26/2019 7:41pm
Alec138 wrote:
Luxon MX wrote:
Agreed. They're on all of my bikes.
Been wanting to try some on my 350sxf but due to people saying they trap mud and stuff between them and the frame and grind the finish away if you dont remove them after every mud ride, I just havent broke and bought a set.... same with the swingarm protectors i wanted to get as well...
RONJ OSE
3/27/2019 6:12am
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah , I've done the grip tape thing for years and I just get tired of changing it out all the time. Thought there might be...
Tracktor wrote:
JJW Designs - Trik Tape. My boys torture test for Justin. He has some prototype stuff that has held up amazing. Zach usually ruins anything within...
JJW Designs - Trik Tape. My boys torture test for Justin. He has some prototype stuff that has held up amazing. Zach usually ruins anything within a couple of rides and this stuff is still hanging in after a couple of months. Even his standard stuff is better than most other offerings.............
what grip tape should i get from him
the razorback or the trik tape
Tracktor
3/27/2019 10:03am
jeffro503 wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
JJW Designs - Trik Tape. My boys torture test for Justin. He has some prototype stuff that has held up amazing. Zach usually ruins anything within...
RONJ OSE wrote:
Both work well. Razorback is a bit more aggressive Trik Tape is similar to the Nihilo stuff just much thicker. I am not sure when he will be releasing the stuff we have been testing lately. I will see if I can find out though.........
RONJ OSE
3/27/2019 10:06am
whats the stuff you guys are testing? I can test it lol.

i think i will be going with the razorback then
jeffro503
3/28/2019 3:48pm
Tracktor wrote:
RONJ OSE wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
Both work well. Razorback is a bit more aggressive Trik Tape is similar to the Nihilo stuff just much thicker. I am not sure when he...
Both work well. Razorback is a bit more aggressive Trik Tape is similar to the Nihilo stuff just much thicker. I am not sure when he will be releasing the stuff we have been testing lately. I will see if I can find out though.........
Thanks Tracktor , I'll try and get a hold of Justin some time soon. I already ordered two sets of the Acerbis X-grip guard's for now. Once I wear those out , I'll touch base with him.

Thanks guys for the help in here.
Moto520
3/28/2019 7:57pm
Jeffro.....i use the Stomp Grip stuff on my bikes and it works well enough. Just make sure to prep the area perfectly or it will come off. It’s not really for the frame but still helps wih the overall goal. I use the Nihilo grip tape on my KTM guards and it holds up well enough
pCp 252
Fantasy
2530th
3/28/2019 9:28pm
I want to try Vibram’s offering but can’t seem to find a set in the states.

Post a reply to: Grippy frame guard's ??

The Latest