Best Suspension Company for a 4CS fix/Revalve

Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
I recently purchased a new 2015 Husqvarna FC450. I am wanting to get the suspension revalved as well as get the 4CS forks fixed. I have spoke with Enzo and MX1 Suspension and they both offer these services around the same price point, $700-800.

Does anyone here recommend one place over another? TIA
|
deez387
3/1/2017 12:35pm
Giygas wrote:
I recently purchased a new 2015 Husqvarna FC450. I am wanting to get the suspension revalved as well as get the 4CS forks fixed. I have...
I recently purchased a new 2015 Husqvarna FC450. I am wanting to get the suspension revalved as well as get the 4CS forks fixed. I have spoke with Enzo and MX1 Suspension and they both offer these services around the same price point, $700-800.

Does anyone here recommend one place over another? TIA
I had Factory Connection revalve my 16 350, with all of their upgrades (bcv cup kit, bumpers, etc.) and its night and day better. Similar in price and great customer service. With that being said, I still went a bought a pair of cone valves....just cant compare them 4cs. Unless you do a complete ohlins, del saggio, etc cartridge swap ....cone valves or ohlins is the way to go.
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
3/1/2017 12:40pm
deez387 wrote:
I had Factory Connection revalve my 16 350, with all of their upgrades (bcv cup kit, bumpers, etc.) and its night and day better. Similar in...
I had Factory Connection revalve my 16 350, with all of their upgrades (bcv cup kit, bumpers, etc.) and its night and day better. Similar in price and great customer service. With that being said, I still went a bought a pair of cone valves....just cant compare them 4cs. Unless you do a complete ohlins, del saggio, etc cartridge swap ....cone valves or ohlins is the way to go.
Thanks for the reply. FC quoted me almost double what the other places quoted me. Not real sure why.
deez387
3/1/2017 1:00pm
Giygas wrote:
Thanks for the reply. FC quoted me almost double what the other places quoted me. Not real sure why.
I forgot to mention that I get a little rider support discount from them. Still, not really sure why either. Most of their mods are fairly inexpensive. unless they are quoting you for all the mods, new springs, revalve etc.
ktm-5
3/1/2017 2:10pm
Ryan Arthur at Speed technologies is the best we have found for our ktm. Great guy and great service 248-974-9687

The Shop

rmstrg
3/1/2017 2:32pm
Johnathn at TBT in AZ did the kyb conversion to mine and a bladder shock, great to deal with, answered his phone every time I called and price was what he quoted me.
Monk
3/1/2017 4:04pm
Doing much of anything to the stock 4cs is a losing deal. The limiting factors being the small 8mm dampening rod and no bottoming cones.

Inserts or a swap to CV forks are the only way to go. I would put my Dal Soggio up against anything available...
walent215
3/1/2017 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2017 5:16pm
Call Graeme Brough. We have had lots of suspension tuners over the years and they all have their strong points. With that said your going to get great personal service from Graeme and id be willing to bet youll spend less than any of the others listed here.
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
3/1/2017 6:35pm
Factory connecrion did my 4CS and I'm very happy with the results.
How long ago? Did you purchase the FC bladder for the rear shock (assuming you got the rear valved as well).
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
3/2/2017 5:21am
Anyone have experience with Kreft? Everyone on KTMtalk praise them to no end. They seem like they are really knowledgeable about the 4cs fork, but in not sure if I should go with them or FC.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
3/2/2017 6:38am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2017 6:39am
Factory connecrion did my 4CS and I'm very happy with the results.
Giygas wrote:
How long ago? Did you purchase the FC bladder for the rear shock (assuming you got the rear valved as well).
No bladder shock. I have the 2016 and the rear shock is pretty good.

It was done maybe a year ago because 6 months ago I upgraded to Cone valve forks. I've ridden then back to back and they aren't terrible. Not as good hold up or on the big hits as the Cone valves, but much better than stock.
m21racing
3/2/2017 7:42am
Depends on how much you want to spend. The dalsaggio setup is awesome, and all my buds who have tested the setup confirmed it. Also, mx tech has a good name with the 4cs. Some of the standard revalves can work, but may need some fine tuning, so choose a tuner closer to you if you chose the less expensive route. They can work at a lower price point; that's no myth. But, if you don't mind spending more for a quality aftermarket product, call csr (dalsaggio), mxt, or tbt for the sss conversion.
walent215
3/2/2017 8:51am
Giygas wrote:
Anyone have experience with Kreft? Everyone on KTMtalk praise them to no end. They seem like they are really knowledgeable about the 4cs fork, but in...
Anyone have experience with Kreft? Everyone on KTMtalk praise them to no end. They seem like they are really knowledgeable about the 4cs fork, but in not sure if I should go with them or FC.
a buddy used him on his 350 sxf and six days 350.he seems to like them after sending them back multiple times but he is very expensive and im not sure he is any better than the others mentioned. I rode both of his bikes and they worked ok but I don't remember thinking it was next level type work.
sandman768
3/2/2017 12:03pm
I have put plenty of money into trying to improve the 4cs forks... Do yourself a favor, take them jack hammers off your bike, get a set of used or new conevalves, when you sell your bike, put the jackhammer 4cs back on your bike & either sell your conevalves for very close to what you paid for them or put them on your new bike. In the end you"ll be ahead of dumping money into the 4cs forks.
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
3/2/2017 3:00pm
sandman768 wrote:
I have put plenty of money into trying to improve the 4cs forks... Do yourself a favor, take them jack hammers off your bike, get a...
I have put plenty of money into trying to improve the 4cs forks... Do yourself a favor, take them jack hammers off your bike, get a set of used or new conevalves, when you sell your bike, put the jackhammer 4cs back on your bike & either sell your conevalves for very close to what you paid for them or put them on your new bike. In the end you"ll be ahead of dumping money into the 4cs forks.
That was a little extreme. They aren't even that bad stock. If a revalve and kit even changes it a little, it will be worth it.
Digger29
3/3/2017 6:19am
Monk wrote:
Doing much of anything to the stock 4cs is a losing deal. The limiting factors being the small 8mm dampening rod and no bottoming cones. Inserts...
Doing much of anything to the stock 4cs is a losing deal. The limiting factors being the small 8mm dampening rod and no bottoming cones.

Inserts or a swap to CV forks are the only way to go. I would put my Dal Soggio up against anything available...
^^^^EXACTLY what he said^^^^ Powerband has done a number of 4CS for buddy's of mine and they all love them now BUT these are the issues that you're dealing with the seriously flawed 4CS fork and that's why I also went with the cone valves.
dow516
3/4/2017 3:21am
For me, the 4cs forks on my '16 350sxf are better than the forks on my '13 250sx, and those were better than my '08 Honda 450 forks. Talk about jack hammers, my 08 crf beat me to death in breaking bumps.
3/5/2017 6:49pm
Corey at Pro Tune did my 4cs with the Dal Soggio valves (not the complete inserts they have now) Great work at a reasonable price.
Monk
3/6/2017 7:54am
Corey at Pro Tune did my 4cs with the Dal Soggio valves (not the complete inserts they have now) Great work at a reasonable price.
I would guess the Ray kit was installed? For the price you really can't go wrong at $650 vs $1500 for the Sphere kit.
FRANZINI499
3/6/2017 8:40am
Mx-tech has this new "Lucky" cartridge kit that comes with Huck Valves, its lighter and is supposed to be better both on the moto track and offroad. I have seen them and installed them first hand and I have to say the quality is amazing and a lot of thought went into developing this system. I have talked to a lot of people who have tried them and have heard nothing but great things about it!! Its definitely worth checking out for a 4CS fix!

http://mx-tech.com/shop/fork-parts/mxt-lucky-4cs/
3/6/2017 9:02am
Just picked up a 16 350sxf, had the same questions about 4cs, anyone have any experience with the ohlins ttx22 inserts, also was considering the fc mods
Monk
3/6/2017 3:46pm
Mx-tech has this new "Lucky" cartridge kit that comes with Huck Valves, its lighter and is supposed to be better both on the moto track and...
Mx-tech has this new "Lucky" cartridge kit that comes with Huck Valves, its lighter and is supposed to be better both on the moto track and offroad. I have seen them and installed them first hand and I have to say the quality is amazing and a lot of thought went into developing this system. I have talked to a lot of people who have tried them and have heard nothing but great things about it!! Its definitely worth checking out for a 4CS fix!

http://mx-tech.com/shop/fork-parts/mxt-lucky-4cs/
Another sold approach which changes the complete system...

Touching the 4cs with the tiny damping rods and lack of bottoming cones is the equivalent of pissing up a rope...

Post a reply to: Best Suspension Company for a 4CS fix/Revalve

The Latest