Hot Rods transmission bearing kit

Squid-Steer
Posts
62
Joined
3/8/2014
Location
USA, MI, USA
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2015 10:25pm
I'm doing a bottom end on my trusty YZ125 and I'm thinking about doing the transmission bearings while I'm in there. Does anybody have any experiences, good or bad, with the Hot Rods kit? I'm using a OEM crank, since I've had the best luck with those. I have never replaced transmission bearings though, so I'm trying to weigh my options.
|
3/19/2015 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2015 4:55pm
I've used 3 kits. No problems. They usually do not come with water pump bearings just FYI.

Harbor Freight has a bearing puller kit if you need one.
http://www.harborfreight.com/blind-hole-bearing-puller-95987.html

And one of these makes it a lot easier.
http://www.harborfreight.com/electric-start-propane-torch-91061.html
Hondas4Life3
Posts
908
Joined
7/30/2013
Location
Spring Hill, KS, USA
3/19/2015 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2015 8:11pm
Tusk makes a blind bearing puller kit that works well. I bought one and have no complaints.
I have used hotrods bottom end kits and bearings without issue but I still prefer OEM bearings.
3/19/2015 9:52pm
I just bought a hot rods trans bearing kit for my 2000 kx250 and the bearings are exactly the same ones that I pay $3 a piece for on www.vxb.com. Thats not a slam against the kit especially if u dont know the bearing sizes beforehand, but if id had the numbers i couldve saved $50 over the kit price.
MaxPower
Posts
2703
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
3/19/2015 10:25pm
Hot Rods has the worst customer service ever. They packed wrong nearing in my kit. Held me up as I wanted to put my engine together.
Customer Service told me it was not thier fault as that's the info they were given
They would send me the correct size as soon as I gave them a credit card number after I had already paid for the bearing in the kit. Buy their kit. Just hope you get the correct parts or you'll be at the dealer buying them again

Post a reply to: Hot Rods transmission bearing kit

The Latest