Posts
1568
Joined
5/7/2008
Location
Adelaide, AU
Edited Date/Time
3/1/2018 8:56pm
I mentioned this in another thread (I probably should't have, apologies to the author) but I was hoping someone might be able to help getting a copy or scan of the stories on The Yamaha Race of Champions at the World Mini GP.
It was featured in Minicycle/BMX Action Magazine from August 1979 and also the Motocross Action of the same month. I think.
I finished 3rd in the Race of Champions behind Kehoe and Holland and have lost all my clipping of the event. I have a 14 year old son that I would love to show.
It was featured in Minicycle/BMX Action Magazine from August 1979 and also the Motocross Action of the same month. I think.
I finished 3rd in the Race of Champions behind Kehoe and Holland and have lost all my clipping of the event. I have a 14 year old son that I would love to show.
Photo still makes me laugh.
The Shop
Luxon 4-Post Bar Mounts
$189.95 - $239.95
DeCal Works Huge Plastic Inventory of UFO and Polisport kits.
Derrim rode in the ROC the year before and we were both entered in the '79 event, but Derrim hurt his arm in a earlier moto and could not ride.
I have to get some photos scanned from the event that my Dad took, pics of Kehoe, Holland, Hemme etc. on 80's.
Mr50. that is a shame you got hurt before the Italjet ROC. Track would have been tough for a 50!
BTW, Sidecar racing was nuts.
Still ride as much as I can. Never really heard about Derrim again - not sure if he rode big bikes at all.
Really at the ROC there were two races- Kehoe vs Holland, then the rest of us. Those guys were on another level. The mini riders today are great to watch and it's good that Australia has more of a homegrown series that the riders can prove themselves and go on to bigger things.
Just go on to facebook and friend me and you can see a bunch of the Old Stuff.
Stay safe shit I love the the Old Days, Over from Under Rosco Holden
I know the Race Of Champions that year was Jeff Wards last race on a 80. I will never forget how he destroyed everybody on the start. All the brand new YZ80's just getting wringed out.
There were lots of very trick bikes there. I remember the R&D Suzukis. Chris Heisser was on one. Myerscough. Eric Kehoe was there. Can't remember all the names.
Pit Row
Thanks for the pics.
World Mini Trophies were Big in the Day
Post a reply to: 1979 World Mini GP - Saddleback