Where is .......

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2020 4:03 PM

.. the point that you stop covering for somebody you put forward for a job and you know has or there is mounting evidence to have done something unacceptable? Should you hide it also so that you are not tarnished for putting them forward or should you stand up and say something. Asking for a friend.

|

7/23/2020 4:27 PM

Underground wrote:

.. the point that you stop covering for somebody you put forward for a job and you know has or there is mounting evidence to ...more

Always cover your ass if you know what happened/may have happened. Especially if your "friend" put them up for the job. This person will get even more shit from their employer if "they" try and cover it up by staying silent and it ends up being true that they did what they did since this "friend" recommended this person for the job.

|

7/23/2020 4:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2020 4:36 PM

When you say cover your ass, do you mean erase any evidence and try to shout down anyone who might think that this person isn't as good or as clean as they portray themselves because he's part of my team?

|

7/23/2020 4:43 PM

It's a shitty spot for sure, but if what this person has done is bad for the company, you need to make a superior aware of what's happening IMHO. If the truth comes out, and it usually does, the person doing the hiding for the friend will usually go down in flames as well.

|

7/23/2020 4:44 PM

I got you the job, you fuck up it up, you’re on your own.

|

7/23/2020 4:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2020 6:15 PM

Being transparent is best. I’ve gotten friends jobs and only had one pull some shit. Your “friend” is not responsible for him. He hung himself.

|

7/23/2020 5:01 PM

Some sage advice in here. Thanks. I think my "friend" needs to pull his head out of his ass and realise that this is a bad deal. Being loyal to the team is one thing but I don't believe this person is really a team player and is jeopardizing everything for their own narcissistic needs.

|

7/23/2020 5:09 PM

Underground wrote:

.. the point that you stop covering for somebody you put forward for a job and you know has or there is mounting evidence to ...more

Nothing good can come from covering something up. Look what's been going on in Washington DC for the last three years.

|

7/23/2020 5:17 PM

If I was your “friend”, I would take it as a kick in the mouth.

Your “friend” put his neck out to get this guy hired, and he returns the favor by fucking up. It really says how appreciative he is and how much he values your “friend.” If he doesn’t value your “friend”, why should your “friend” give a shit about him? Let alone stick his neck out a 2nd time, risking HIS job in the process.

|

7/23/2020 5:21 PM

reded wrote:

I got you the job, you fuck up it up, you’re on your own.

This is exactly how I feel about it 👍

|

7/23/2020 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2020 5:26 PM

Underground wrote:

.. the point that you stop covering for somebody you put forward for a job and you know has or there is mounting evidence to ...more

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Nothing good can come from covering something up. Look what's been going on in Washington DC for the last three years.

I didn’t realize this was a political thread????? 🧐

|

7/23/2020 5:39 PM

No politics here (insert huddling under arms for protection from above emoji). Just asking for a friend

|

7/23/2020 5:51 PM

Underground wrote:

When you say cover your ass, do you mean erase any evidence and try to shout down anyone who might think that this person ...more

Erasing evidence of wrongdoing makes the person responsible for the wrongdoing as well.

If it's a matter of incompetence instead of a matter of integrity, then being honest with the person about their abilities is a good idea.

|

7/23/2020 6:01 PM

I would bring it to his attention and give him the option to make it right/man up and own it or you’re gonna have to.

|

7/23/2020 6:22 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

I would bring it to his attention and give him the option to make it right/man up and own it or you’re gonna have to.

It has been but he continues to dismiss any good advice given I think believing he can get away with anything and continue down the path telling cover up lies and creating other drama elsewhere. It's just a train wreck really.

|

7/23/2020 6:47 PM

Underground wrote:

.. the point that you stop covering for somebody you put forward for a job and you know has or there is mounting evidence to ...more

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Nothing good can come from covering something up. Look what's been going on in Washington DC for the last three years.

No doubt. Clearing out the swamp takes a long time, hopefully the current good work continues for another 5 years and as citizens we can get back some control.


As for the friend situation, ask yourself what the boss would want done, or what you would want if you were the boss. That should be a guide as to how to proceed.

|

7/23/2020 7:11 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

I would bring it to his attention and give him the option to make it right/man up and own it or you’re gonna have to.

Underground wrote:

It has been but he continues to dismiss any good advice given I think believing he can get away with anything and continue ...more

Then sounds like its time for plan b

|

7/24/2020 2:57 AM

I guess it's a lot like the Ghislaine Maxwell thread being erased then?

|

7/24/2020 4:18 AM

Just stop eating other peoples food in the refrigerator and move on...

|

7/24/2020 8:54 AM

JeremyK wrote:

Just stop eating other peoples food in the refrigerator and move on...

w00t grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/24/2020 9:16 AM

Underground wrote:

.. the point that you stop covering for somebody you put forward for a job and you know has or there is mounting evidence to ...more

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Nothing good can come from covering something up. Look what's been going on in Washington DC for the last three years.

Matt Fisher wrote:

No doubt. Clearing out the swamp takes a long time, hopefully the current good work continues for another 5 years and as ...more

This.....Maybe take a look at how many other people this may affect, instead of just you and your pal. Fortunately, morals are pretty easy to distinguish.

|

[Moto Creed-O: Take the High-Road.....Kick His Ass and Fuck His Chick

7/24/2020 9:32 AM

Underground wrote:

.. the point that you stop covering for somebody you put forward for a job and you know has or there is mounting evidence to ...more

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Nothing good can come from covering something up. Look what's been going on in Washington DC for the last three years.

KennyT wrote:

I didn’t realize this was a political thread?????

I hadn't advocated anything one way or the other. Merely pointing out that ethics and honesty seem to be in short supply these days and that was the perfect example of it IMO. Again without taking one side or another lying and denying seems to be an acceptable thing these days. A lie begets another and another and another. The cover-up digs a deeper hole in a never-ending cycle. Covering one's ass is equally dishonest.

|

7/24/2020 9:32 AM

There is an old book floating around somewhere. It's has some good information in it and you can find answers to many of your questions. We discussed a similar topic a few weeks ago about accountability and leadership.

Photo

Hope this helps!

|

7/24/2020 9:56 AM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Nothing good can come from covering something up. Look what's been going on in Washington DC for the last three years.

KennyT wrote:

I didn’t realize this was a political thread?????

BMSOBx2 wrote:

I hadn't advocated anything one way or the other. Merely pointing out that ethics and honesty seem to be in short supply these ...more

Actually you did state your intentions when you brought in the term 3 years when in fact it could have said 11, 15, 19 etc and had just as much truth to your statement. That’s why it’s best to just limit comments to the topic at hand. I’m not telling you what to do, just a suggestion from someone who has experienced the lesson of keeping the P word/topic off of Vital unless you want to go bye-bye

|

7/24/2020 1:18 PM

Lol...I said in another thread that ANY topic can be made political. Not saying the statement wasn't true...just pointing out that I was right (which according to my wife has never ever happened before).

As to the OP's question...I have no idea what line of work you are in. Normally I'd say tell whatever boss you have that the guy you vouched for is a worm and lay out your evidence. It's then up to the boss to take action. But...this is a funny old world and where you work the traits this guy is displaying may be exactly what the company wants in an employee. I don't need to tell you that lots of businesses thrive on unethical, dishonest, even illegal practices. My .02

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius