Tiger

borg
Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 8:43am
How do arrest mug shots and video get made public? Fucking BS IMO.
|
scooter5002
6/1/2017 7:07pm
Becomes a matter of public record, even with no conviction, no? Not saying I agree.
ns503
6/2/2017 4:21am
I can see the mug shots getting out there - but the vids?

I was also wondering why those got put out - don't think I've seen that done before. Had a smear feeling to it.
LoudLove
6/2/2017 6:22am
"In almost every state, the definition of a public record is very broad and encompasses information stored in a variety of media, which include bodycam videos. For example, in Florida a public record is defined as any material, “regardless of the physical form, characteristics, or means of transmission, made or received pursuant to law or ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business by any agency.”

Nutshell: not a smear job, but part of Florida's overall approach to public access to state agency records.
sleeve1
Fantasy
1921st
6/2/2017 6:24am
John Daley just took his shirt off!

I do agree that that the videos shouldn't be released. Seemed to be A little over the top.

The Shop

MR. X
6/2/2017 6:40am
I feel like if they had beat the shit out of him then everyone would demand to make the video public.
newmann
6/2/2017 6:53am
MR. X wrote:
I feel like if they had beat the shit out of him then everyone would demand to make the video public.
Exactly. Can't have it both ways. "Everybody" demands video, and everybody just got video.

I haven't been following it but am I to understand he wasn't drunk or on illegal drugs? He's claiming prescription meds? Which of course can be abused to no end.
borg
6/2/2017 7:31am
MR. X wrote:
newmann wrote:
Exactly. Can't have it both ways. "Everybody" demands video, and everybody just got video. I haven't been following it but am I to understand he wasn't...
Exactly. Can't have it both ways. "Everybody" demands video, and everybody just got video.

I haven't been following it but am I to understand he wasn't drunk or on illegal drugs? He's claiming prescription meds? Which of course can be abused to no end.
People can demand whatever they want. What I'm talking about is the publication of potential evidence in a criminal matter. What is the public entitled to for entertainment vs the privacy rights of the people involved? Even the fucktards getting arrested on the show Cops can refuse to allow their images to be shown on TV. As it should be. Even during a trial, there is all sorts of evidence that is never made public. My question is, who decides these things and what is the criteria?
scooter5002
6/2/2017 7:57am
Any official video released, pre-trial, would seem prejudicial, to me. I read he blew a 0.00, so drug impairment only, I guess. Should be interesting, to see how this all works out. Feel bad for the guy, been a rough ride the last few years.
MR. X
6/2/2017 8:11am
Just skimmed a few Google searches , North Carolina just excluded police video from being considered public information. I guess it just comes down to the state and the law makers stance on it ,whether it's public information or considered evidence.
newmann
6/2/2017 8:29am
MR. X wrote:
newmann wrote:
Exactly. Can't have it both ways. "Everybody" demands video, and everybody just got video. I haven't been following it but am I to understand he wasn't...

borg wrote:
People can demand whatever they want. What I'm talking about is the publication of potential evidence in a criminal matter. What is the public entitled to...
People can demand whatever they want. What I'm talking about is the publication of potential evidence in a criminal matter. What is the public entitled to for entertainment vs the privacy rights of the people involved? Even the fucktards getting arrested on the show Cops can refuse to allow their images to be shown on TV. As it should be. Even during a trial, there is all sorts of evidence that is never made public. My question is, who decides these things and what is the criteria?
Didn't say I agreed with it.
borg
6/2/2017 8:49am
newmann wrote:

borg wrote:
People can demand whatever they want. What I'm talking about is the publication of potential evidence in a criminal matter. What is the public entitled to...
newmann wrote:
Didn't say I agreed with it.
I wasn't sure. Sometimes your sarcasm goes over my head. I just wanted to clarify my question as to what is made public and why.

In the case of police video, my guess is that it ends up in the hands of the local DA. But I don't know. Maybe the police chief can decide to make it public.

I don't really even know who to ask that would take the time to answer. A local beat reporter maybe?
It's less to do with Tiger in particular other than it provoked the question in my mind again which I have wondered about for a long time.
JAFO92
6/2/2017 10:34am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2017 10:35am
The thing is, how do they know the state he was in wasnt intentional and a mixup or accident on dosage of his drugs? Nowhere in that video is he belligerent, adversarial or anything like that. Without the facts, far as we know he was having a bad reaction or some other medical anomaly.

I know Tiger isnt human and doesnt walk on water, but this one doesnt smell right so far.
newmann
6/2/2017 11:36am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2017 11:36am
JAFO92 wrote:
The thing is, how do they know the state he was in wasnt intentional and a mixup or accident on dosage of his drugs? Nowhere in...
The thing is, how do they know the state he was in wasnt intentional and a mixup or accident on dosage of his drugs? Nowhere in that video is he belligerent, adversarial or anything like that. Without the facts, far as we know he was having a bad reaction or some other medical anomaly.

I know Tiger isnt human and doesnt walk on water, but this one doesnt smell right so far.
He had a several surgeries, might be pain killers. No doubt , they are a bitch. I had a shoulder screwed back together and an ACL replacement done all in the same day. Tried to avoid any pain pills but after not sleeping for a couple weeks started hitting the vicodin. They didn't stop any pain but I did bounce off a curb at 70 in a 40 mph zone. Woohoo Just sucked it up and rode out the pain from there.
scooter5002
6/2/2017 11:49am
JAFO92 wrote:
The thing is, how do they know the state he was in wasnt intentional and a mixup or accident on dosage of his drugs? Nowhere in...

Claiming he is impaired and proving it, is up to the courts, not public opinion. That's my issue with the video, and it's release. However, if this goes to trial, it will be by judge alone, I assume, for this offense. With that said, a judge is supposed to be impartial, and decide on the facts, not whim.
I'm wondering if he took some meds, wrong or too much, whatever, and pulled over because he realized he was getting groggy. Could be an honest mistake on his part, and maybe, just maybe, he prevented a serious accident by pulling over. It's not like he pulled a Reese Witherspoon or anything.
6/2/2017 12:26pm
This is exactly how athletes get addicted to narcotics. Not saying he's addicted, but wouldn't surprise me. I remember reading an interview a while back (can't remember who rider was) said he wouldn't take the prescribed pain killers and stuck to ibuprofen instead. Didn't want to chance it.

Driving impaired like that, he's still guilty. He HAD to know things where goofy when he got behind the wheel.
JAFO92
6/2/2017 1:18pm
This is exactly how athletes get addicted to narcotics. Not saying he's addicted, but wouldn't surprise me. I remember reading an interview a while back (can't...
This is exactly how athletes get addicted to narcotics. Not saying he's addicted, but wouldn't surprise me. I remember reading an interview a while back (can't remember who rider was) said he wouldn't take the prescribed pain killers and stuck to ibuprofen instead. Didn't want to chance it.

Driving impaired like that, he's still guilty. He HAD to know things where goofy when he got behind the wheel.
Thats just it, we dont know if his impairment happened prior to driving and his judgement/awareness were diminished slowly as he was already out motoring along.

mxb2
6/2/2017 1:30pm
It will be dropped, or he will pay s small fine, subtract it from the millions he has. $$$ makes things vanish and jail time go away.
IWreckALot
6/2/2017 1:41pm
I was listening to the radio heads talk about it and they had an attorney on there. There is no leniency for incidentally driving under the influence. Medications are always labeled as vehicle operation impairing.

The story that he's given seems like he may be able to get off easy. But as far as legal statutes, there's no way the "I didn't know the pills would do that" excuse would fly.

Also, releasing the video makes it difficult to find an unbiased jury. I think we saw that with another high profile case but I can't recall who it was. Seems like one of the police shootings.
KC435
6/2/2017 2:58pm
41 and built like a defensive back.
APLMAN99
6/3/2017 6:40am
He may as well be sleepwalking in that video.

What the video made me think of was just how different our perceptions about celebrity athletes and reality are. We think of these guys as being surrounded by entourages, posses, sycophants, etc 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Yet here's maybe the richest athlete in the world, alone in the early hours of the morning in what sounds like a prescription stupor.

I know it's just a snapshot of a single moment in time, but I just get the feeling that Woods is a very lonely person and despite his wealth his life probably feels pretty shitty to him right now.
Nighttrain
6/3/2017 6:52am
APLMAN99 wrote:
He may as well be sleepwalking in that video. What the video made me think of was just how different our perceptions about celebrity athletes and...
He may as well be sleepwalking in that video.

What the video made me think of was just how different our perceptions about celebrity athletes and reality are. We think of these guys as being surrounded by entourages, posses, sycophants, etc 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Yet here's maybe the richest athlete in the world, alone in the early hours of the morning in what sounds like a prescription stupor.

I know it's just a snapshot of a single moment in time, but I just get the feeling that Woods is a very lonely person and despite his wealth his life probably feels pretty shitty to him right now.
gabrielito
6/3/2017 7:36am
He's fortunate the cops found him rather than some bad guys. This isn't a good thing but if it were the only incident with him it wouldn't be that big of a deal. It's really dangerous though, that's for sure.
SEEMEFIRST
6/3/2017 8:42am
He broke both right side wheels before he stopped.

As for the video, he's in public. There's no expectation of privacy in public.
I guess the difference in the Cops show is they're selling the images.
ns503
6/3/2017 9:26am
I just saw a clip earlier this morning on FB of him blowing into the tube. That was at police HQ. Hardly in public - eh?
JW381
6/3/2017 8:19pm
Bummer for Tiger, I feel for him too. As far as the topic of the video goes, it's kinda tough. I expect complete and unadulterated transparency when it comes to police actions. They are public servants and their records should be publicly available. I don't necessarily know that the same applies to protected citizens. All this being equal, it does, but all things aren't equal. I'm not entirely sure I can understand why this video was released.
SEEMEFIRST
6/4/2017 9:13am
ns503 wrote:
I just saw a clip earlier this morning on FB of him blowing into the tube. That was at police HQ. Hardly in public - eh?
Did not see that one....
This is where I run out of talent.

Post a reply to: Tiger

The Latest