Starbucks & race

Xracerdone
Posts
468
Joined
9/6/2014
Location
Denver, CO, USA
Edited Date/Time 3/22/2015 11:34am
I'm sure most of you have heard Starbucks wants their liberal art degree majors, or as we call them Barista's to strike up conversations about race. I LOL to the floor. Shit could get violent real quick! Why don't they just ban white cream & make black coffee only while they're at it. Discuss among yourselves & share your thoughts
|
rosebud441
Posts
1764
Joined
1/25/2012
Location
Bellingham, WA, USA
3/18/2015 2:43pm
Why get in a tizzy over this??

I'm sure they just want everybody hold hands and buy coffee... Charles Shultz is a billionaire smart dude, I am sure he knows whats up... And by the way, they treat their barista's like gold,, Health care, 401k's etc... how many people can say that about their workplace??
Xracerdone
Posts
468
Joined
9/6/2014
Location
Denver, CO, USA
3/18/2015 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2015 2:54pm
No tizzy here, I find it funny. It's clearly a ploy, an insulting patronizing ploy. As for healthcare & 401k, I guess I'm confused by your question, everyone I know that has a real job has all those things. We all make choices, if yours is to work a menial job then I honestly don't care if you have those things or not. I get everyone wants those things provided but there are actual costs associated that everyone loves to ignore
Hut
Posts
10281
Joined
4/27/2010
Location
USA
3/18/2015 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2015 3:10pm
Some limp wristed posey sniffing honky wants to try and get me to talk about race before I have had a chance to finish my morning coffee?
SF45
Posts
438
Joined
5/7/2013
Location
Bay Area, CA, USA
3/18/2015 3:30pm


The Shop

3/18/2015 6:15pm
Morgan should be happy that blacks get an entire month. We women only get one day, March 8, international women's day. And we're damn thankful to have it. :^)


hvaughn88
Posts
8361
Joined
6/19/2013
Location
Conway, AR, USA
3/18/2015 6:29pm
Morgan should be happy that blacks get an entire month. We women only get one day, March 8, international women's day. And we're damn thankful to...
Morgan should be happy that blacks get an entire month. We women only get one day, March 8, international women's day. And we're damn thankful to have it. :^)


I appreciate my wife every day. I hope my wife stumbles across a moto message board and sees that I said that, haha
308
Posts
3307
Joined
10/18/2010
Location
Des Moines, IA, USA
3/18/2015 7:32pm
Hut wrote:
Some limp wristed posey sniffing honky wants to try and get me to talk about race before I have had a chance to finish my morning...
Some limp wristed posey sniffing honky wants to try and get me to talk about race before I have had a chance to finish my morning coffee?
Laughing Laughing
borg
Posts
7049
Joined
12/7/2009
Location
Long Beach, CA, USA
3/18/2015 7:58pm
Sounds like somebody with too much time had too much coffee.
3/18/2015 10:08pm
You're 100% spot on with the liberal arts degree.

It's the new high school diploma. Every 8th year college grad hipster queer fat hippy loser idiot living at home at 35 has one.

Same dirty fuckers cooking food in restaurants too.

3/18/2015 10:12pm
5 times?

McDonalds coffee is the best and I pay 39 cents.

Starfucks in hotels is even more expensive.

The only reason a straight man should be at one is to hit on rich business chicks. No other reason.
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
3/19/2015 5:52am
5 times? McDonalds coffee is the best and I pay 39 cents. Starfucks in hotels is even more expensive. The only reason a straight man should...
5 times?

McDonalds coffee is the best and I pay 39 cents.

Starfucks in hotels is even more expensive.

The only reason a straight man should be at one is to hit on rich business chicks. No other reason.
How the hell do you get a $.39 coffee from McDonalds? I pay about $1.75 when I go there. It's $2.40 or so when I go to Starbucks and you can get free refills all day. Unfortunately, Starbucks is the lesser evil in downtown fort worth. There aren't any other coffee shops that I know of and the break room coffee is worse than Starbucks. There is some great scenery at Starbucks in downtown. All the girls in their professional skirts and whatnot.

But I sure as hell am not going to be carrying on a conversation with the baristas. Especially about race. What do they expect you to talk about specifically? Just seems like a recipe for disaster. I think Schultz probably has good intentions but the delivery got butchered.
Uncle Tony
Posts
4149
Joined
6/30/2014
Location
New York, NY, USA
3/19/2015 6:18am
I always liked Morgan freeman
Xracerdone
Posts
468
Joined
9/6/2014
Location
Denver, CO, USA
3/19/2015 6:22am
I don't know, it's too tempting to go in & start the dialogue:

Barisita: What can I get you?

Me: Coffee, but black, unless you have non white cream. I can't stand white, so glad I'm not white. I'm Eastern European, what about you?

Barista: Well I'm proud of who I am.

Me: Oh, so you're racist.

Barista: Not that kind of proud.

Me: So you're ashamed of your white privilege?

Barista: Ummmm

Me: I notice all your cups are white, shame.

Barista: I don't have time for this.

Me: Yes, you do. I watch the news, you're supposed to talk. I understand race is a delicate issue & with your white pride & everything white in your store, it causes mixed signals. I also don't see any black people in here, does Sharpton know this?

Barista: I'm not racist! (writes my name all f****d up on cup)



disbanded
Posts
6994
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Evergreen, CO, USA
3/19/2015 6:25am
Cheap ploy
Xracerdone
Posts
468
Joined
9/6/2014
Location
Denver, CO, USA
3/19/2015 6:28am
disbanded wrote:
Cheap ploy
Worse then cheap, it's insulting to ones intelligence & shows their contempt for their own customers
disbanded
Posts
6994
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Evergreen, CO, USA
3/19/2015 6:38am
I like it when the barista keeps their mouth shut and makes my coffee.
Xracerdone
Posts
468
Joined
9/6/2014
Location
Denver, CO, USA
3/19/2015 6:42am
^^^^^ exactly! I wonder how their tip jars will suffer over this?
Uncle Tony
Posts
4149
Joined
6/30/2014
Location
New York, NY, USA
3/19/2015 6:46am
I don't think that shit will fly here in the northeast, maybe in Southern California, LOL
3/19/2015 10:48am
5 times? McDonalds coffee is the best and I pay 39 cents. Starfucks in hotels is even more expensive. The only reason a straight man should...
5 times?

McDonalds coffee is the best and I pay 39 cents.

Starfucks in hotels is even more expensive.

The only reason a straight man should be at one is to hit on rich business chicks. No other reason.
IWreckALot wrote:
How the hell do you get a $.39 coffee from McDonalds? I pay about $1.75 when I go there. It's $2.40 or so when I go...
How the hell do you get a $.39 coffee from McDonalds? I pay about $1.75 when I go there. It's $2.40 or so when I go to Starbucks and you can get free refills all day. Unfortunately, Starbucks is the lesser evil in downtown fort worth. There aren't any other coffee shops that I know of and the break room coffee is worse than Starbucks. There is some great scenery at Starbucks in downtown. All the girls in their professional skirts and whatnot.

But I sure as hell am not going to be carrying on a conversation with the baristas. Especially about race. What do they expect you to talk about specifically? Just seems like a recipe for disaster. I think Schultz probably has good intentions but the delivery got butchered.
Senior discount.

Next time, ask. Im not old enough but almost.
3/19/2015 10:50am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2015 10:52am
Go there and order a flat white.
The starfucks here have all races working.
But all are straight queer. And I mean flaunting it with the clothes, lisp, the walk, and limp wrist.

Dead serious.
71Fish
Posts
1794
Joined
11/29/2011
Location
Ogden, UT, USA
3/19/2015 12:24pm
5 times? McDonalds coffee is the best and I pay 39 cents. Starfucks in hotels is even more expensive. The only reason a straight man should...
5 times?

McDonalds coffee is the best and I pay 39 cents.

Starfucks in hotels is even more expensive.

The only reason a straight man should be at one is to hit on rich business chicks. No other reason.
IWreckALot wrote:
How the hell do you get a $.39 coffee from McDonalds? I pay about $1.75 when I go there. It's $2.40 or so when I go...
How the hell do you get a $.39 coffee from McDonalds? I pay about $1.75 when I go there. It's $2.40 or so when I go to Starbucks and you can get free refills all day. Unfortunately, Starbucks is the lesser evil in downtown fort worth. There aren't any other coffee shops that I know of and the break room coffee is worse than Starbucks. There is some great scenery at Starbucks in downtown. All the girls in their professional skirts and whatnot.

But I sure as hell am not going to be carrying on a conversation with the baristas. Especially about race. What do they expect you to talk about specifically? Just seems like a recipe for disaster. I think Schultz probably has good intentions but the delivery got butchered.
Starbucks does free refills?

I think their coffee is shit and don't pay for it unless I'm travelling.
Xracerdone
Posts
468
Joined
9/6/2014
Location
Denver, CO, USA
3/19/2015 6:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2015 6:42pm
I wanna see like Tosh or someone go into a Starbucks & be like "I'm so glad you want to talk about race. I hate those fucking n*****s, god they act like animals burning & destroying shit, lord have mercy, good gracious. And they racist too!" That would be career suicide but their memory would live on
CR250Rider
Posts
6706
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Moses Lake, WA, USA
3/19/2015 10:38pm
there are no starbucks in Selma or Ferguson... might the top mgmt might be racist?
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
3/20/2015 4:56am
5 times? McDonalds coffee is the best and I pay 39 cents. Starfucks in hotels is even more expensive. The only reason a straight man should...
5 times?

McDonalds coffee is the best and I pay 39 cents.

Starfucks in hotels is even more expensive.

The only reason a straight man should be at one is to hit on rich business chicks. No other reason.
IWreckALot wrote:
How the hell do you get a $.39 coffee from McDonalds? I pay about $1.75 when I go there. It's $2.40 or so when I go...
How the hell do you get a $.39 coffee from McDonalds? I pay about $1.75 when I go there. It's $2.40 or so when I go to Starbucks and you can get free refills all day. Unfortunately, Starbucks is the lesser evil in downtown fort worth. There aren't any other coffee shops that I know of and the break room coffee is worse than Starbucks. There is some great scenery at Starbucks in downtown. All the girls in their professional skirts and whatnot.

But I sure as hell am not going to be carrying on a conversation with the baristas. Especially about race. What do they expect you to talk about specifically? Just seems like a recipe for disaster. I think Schultz probably has good intentions but the delivery got butchered.
71Fish wrote:
Starbucks does free refills?

I think their coffee is shit and don't pay for it unless I'm travelling.
If you do just black coffee they do. They won't give you free fru fru lattes or whatever the hell everyone else orders there. I used to get about 4 cups a day but anymore I drink their coffee about once every 2 weeks. I brew my own. I've started liking the Bob Marley coffee actually.

The best part is no barista tries to talk to me about politics or race. . .
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
3/20/2015 4:58am
Xracerdone wrote:
I wanna see like Tosh or someone go into a Starbucks & be like "I'm so glad you want to talk about race. I hate those...
I wanna see like Tosh or someone go into a Starbucks & be like "I'm so glad you want to talk about race. I hate those fucking n*****s, god they act like animals burning & destroying shit, lord have mercy, good gracious. And they racist too!" That would be career suicide but their memory would live on
Oddly enough I think he could pull it off. He says far more stereotypical things on his show. He usually says it mocking the people he's impersonating though. So maybe it's all in the delivery? Ha.
hvaughn88
Posts
8361
Joined
6/19/2013
Location
Conway, AR, USA
3/20/2015 6:44am
Xracerdone wrote:
I wanna see like Tosh or someone go into a Starbucks & be like "I'm so glad you want to talk about race. I hate those...
I wanna see like Tosh or someone go into a Starbucks & be like "I'm so glad you want to talk about race. I hate those fucking n*****s, god they act like animals burning & destroying shit, lord have mercy, good gracious. And they racist too!" That would be career suicide but their memory would live on
IWreckALot wrote:
Oddly enough I think he could pull it off. He says far more stereotypical things on his show. He usually says it mocking the people he's...
Oddly enough I think he could pull it off. He says far more stereotypical things on his show. He usually says it mocking the people he's impersonating though. So maybe it's all in the delivery? Ha.
I think you're right. You can say whatever you want if you just say it's satire, haha
Xracerdone
Posts
468
Joined
9/6/2014
Location
Denver, CO, USA
3/20/2015 6:48am
Xracerdone wrote:
I wanna see like Tosh or someone go into a Starbucks & be like "I'm so glad you want to talk about race. I hate those...
I wanna see like Tosh or someone go into a Starbucks & be like "I'm so glad you want to talk about race. I hate those fucking n*****s, god they act like animals burning & destroying shit, lord have mercy, good gracious. And they racist too!" That would be career suicide but their memory would live on
IWreckALot wrote:
Oddly enough I think he could pull it off. He says far more stereotypical things on his show. He usually says it mocking the people he's...
Oddly enough I think he could pull it off. He says far more stereotypical things on his show. He usually says it mocking the people he's impersonating though. So maybe it's all in the delivery? Ha.
hvaughn88 wrote:
I think you're right. You can say whatever you want if you just say it's satire, haha
That only applies to liberals, everyone is RACIST! BIGOTED, HATE SPEECH~~~~~

Post a reply to: Starbucks & race

The Latest