Foreign Bands

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2019 12:37 PM

There's been a lot of music threads over the years but I'm just wondering if anyone here listens to bands/music groups/etc. from different countries that sing in a different language than their own?

I'm French but I rarely listen to French bands. Most of what I listen to is in English but I do listen to some German bands from time to time. I have no idea what they're singing about but I still find myself enjoying the music.

Anyone else?

Post up band names or videos. Might discover some new stuff and enjoy it.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/9/2019 12:52 PM

I like the Scorpions.

|

1/9/2019 1:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2019 7:47 PM

French band from Quebec.

|

1/9/2019 3:12 PM

I listen to a lot of foreign bands that sing in English 95% of the time (Slovenia, Germany, Belgium). I love this band though, Icelandic.

|

1/9/2019 4:41 PM

MAVERICK:

When you say "Bands" you mean a group of musicians right? You are talking about at least 2 musicians that are playing instruments & singing, and not one or more DJ's sitting behind a mixing board, right?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

1/9/2019 5:02 PM

gabrielito wrote:

I like the Scorpions.

If you buy a Scorpions album in Germany are they singing in German? I don't think I've ever heard a Scorps song in German.

|

1/9/2019 5:22 PM

|

1/9/2019 5:36 PM

Reese95w wrote:

MAVERICK:

When you say "Bands" you mean a group of musicians right? You are talking about at least 2 musicians that are playing instruments & singing, and not one or more DJ's sitting behind a mixing board, right?

LOL. Yeah, guys that play actual instruments.

No DJ's/Digital Mixing, whatever you want to call it.

|

1/9/2019 5:44 PM

An old song that makes me think about my dad... Fuck I miss the cunt.

|

1/9/2019 5:50 PM

Kaleo, pretty sure they are Icelandic

. They have a few songs in their native language.
|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

1/9/2019 5:56 PM

Thinking of all the music I've been into growing up and in my adult life. It's all been bands that have lyrics in English. The Scorpions from Germany, always did English lyrics. I liked Krokus in the 1980's, they are a Swiss band but always did English lyrics. Does Vangelis count? He's from Greece but a keyboard instrumentalist.

|

1/9/2019 7:14 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

That’s got the chick from the Knife singing too

|

1/9/2019 7:30 PM

^^^ "Is the thread meant to highlight bands that sing in other languages besides english?"

Yes. I know there's a lot of bands from different countries that sing in English but if you listen to music that is sang in a different language post them up.

|

1/9/2019 7:35 PM

In my entire life, growing up and in my adult life, listening to AM rock stations in the 60's, and FM stations in the 70's, then later MTV when they actually played music videos, I just have never been exposed to any non-English lyric bands.

|

1/9/2019 7:49 PM

Millencolin and No Fun At All from Sweden are probably my favorite foreign bands. Funny they’re both from Sweden.

|

1/9/2019 7:53 PM

Back in my really hardcore days, i loved this Belgium band Zyklome A, some songs are in English some are not. Its so raw!! Makes me miss my skateboard.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

1/9/2019 9:20 PM

MJC wrote:

That’s got the chick from the Knife singing too

You know your stuff! The chick in the film clip is a Norwegian model apparently.

|

1/9/2019 9:28 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Thinking of all the music I've been into growing up and in my adult life. It's all been bands that have lyrics in English. The Scorpions from Germany, always did English lyrics. I liked Krokus in the 1980's, they are a Swiss band but always did English lyrics. Does Vangelis count? He's from Greece but a keyboard instrumentalist.

Speaking of Greeks, do you like Demis Roussos? He's got some really nice songs.

|

1/9/2019 9:31 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

Millencolin and No Fun At All from Sweden are probably my favorite foreign bands. Funny they’re both from Sweden.

Wow, did not know this!?blush

|

1/9/2019 10:55 PM

Dermot Kennedy, Dublin

Thanks in advance (sounds appropriate here).
|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

1/9/2019 10:58 PM

/\ Hey kzizoks back! Welcome back doctor! /\

|

1/10/2019 2:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2019 2:13 AM

|

1/10/2019 3:05 AM

Reese95w wrote:

MAVERICK:

Steedy on there bro! Hahaha

|

1/10/2019 5:22 AM

Reese95w wrote:

/\ Hey kzizoks back! Welcome back doctor! /\

Thanks man! Did I sense a "Welcome Back, Kotter" reference?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

1/10/2019 5:26 AM

Phoenix. Versailles

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

1/10/2019 5:28 AM

K Zee iz okay.

|

1/10/2019 5:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2019 5:32 AM

I think Rammstein has had the most success in rock and metal singing in German. When I was stationed in Germany in the 90s I always saw advertisements for Rammstein in concert but thought the name sounded stupid because I was stationed at Ramstein Airbase. If only I knew then what I know now.

I did see Andrea Bocelle in concert recently. He sings in Italian and is hugely successful.

|

No Signature.

1/10/2019 9:43 AM

|

1/10/2019 11:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2019 7:49 PM

|

1/15/2019 1:27 PM

These guys seem to think their foreigners..lol..

|