Drone users?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2017 8:33 PM

Anyone using a DJI Phantom 4 Pro?

I'm looking for some way to use this thing to fly over my orchard blocks twice a week, taking pictures from the same exact location to build a time lapse and see which areas defoliate quickest, etc.

Doesn't look like the DJI software does it very well, but the DroneDeploy system sounds like it should do what I'm looking for. I just can't seem to get it to connect to the remote or the drone. I've been able to get them connected to the DJI system and the Litchi system, but not the DroneDeploy.

Anyone have any tricks to get this thing working? I'm getting a little bit impatient since I've had it just over 30 hours now!

|

9/28/2017 8:41 PM

Couple views from circling my hood....,,

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/28/2017 8:54 PM

Photos and scenery are both incredible! What a gorgeous place to live!

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

9/28/2017 9:04 PM

My God I need one. My dads got a DJI phantom 2 but it hasn't been busted out yet. How much is yours? If i remember correctly thats the newest DJI out right?

|

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.

9/28/2017 9:17 PM

Squidward wrote:

My God I need one. My dads got a DJI phantom 2 but it hasn't been busted out yet. How much is yours? If i remember correctly thats the newest DJI out right?

It's not the top tier DJI, but it's supposed to be able to do quite a bit. I haven't even really figured out how to use the camera yet. This one was a combo pack with a couple of extra batteries for the drone for just about $1800. Going up to the Inspire would have been just about $5K, so I figured I'd crash this one a few times before shelling out that much

|

9/28/2017 9:19 PM

Well there goes my dreams. Let me know how much you want after you roach it, maybe then I can afford one.....

|

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.

9/28/2017 10:02 PM

I don't know much about them, but Best Buy has some cool ones. So much potential for these things. I am hoping to get one pretty soon.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

9/28/2017 10:30 PM

Join up here and they'll get you sorted out.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php

|

9/28/2017 11:43 PM

RTFM... wink

|

9/29/2017 9:05 AM

GuyB wrote:

RTFM... wink

It's not really covered there.......

But the real issue I'm having is getting my drone and controller to connect with DroneDeploy, and I've tried everything it says to to on the DroneDeploy website. I've been able to map out my routes just fine, but connecting the drone is the issue.

|

10/1/2017 4:42 PM

|

10/1/2017 6:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2017 6:30 PM

The Yuneek Typhoon h is the one that films all xgames footage, pro surfing, nfl. 4k with obstacle avoidence. Myself and about 8 of my friends have them now, a few are realtors. Unreal what they can do. Check out this video from 1:50, its amazing.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

10/1/2017 8:34 PM

ALPMANN99:

Have you tried using your drone to film a motocross or other types of sporting events? What is the range, or how far away can you fly your drone from your position? I know nothing about drones.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

10/1/2017 8:36 PM

FLmxer wrote:

The Yuneek Typhoon h is the one that films all xgames footage, pro surfing, nfl. 4k with obstacle avoidence. Myself and about 8 of my friends have them now, a few are realtors. Unreal what they can do. Check out this video from 1:50, its amazing.

I remember seeing that video, looks crazy!

This one is supposed to have the follow function and full obstacle avoidance, but it'll probably take me several months just to even figure out how to try it, if I ever do. I'm really just looking to do some twice weekly crop pictures with the ability to photo projects that we end up doing, like replanting, etc.

|

10/1/2017 8:45 PM

Reese95w wrote:

ALPMANN99:

Have you tried using your drone to film a motocross or other types of sporting events? What is the range, or how far away can you fly your drone from your position? I know nothing about drones.

Only had it since Wednesday, haven't done much with it at all yet. So far it's kind of frustrating, it only "connects" about half the time even if you copy the startup procedure exactly each time. I know $1800 isn't exactly a fortune, but it's enough money that you'd expect it to work pretty well every time you turn it on.

When it connects and goes, it's pretty cool and when I get comfortable enough to explore some of the features it'll probably become less of a tool and more like a toy. There's a small private practice track right across the river from me, maybe I'll catch them riding some evening.

|

10/1/2017 9:24 PM

Andy Reiner did this drone film a few years back at our AHRMA VMX national at Rattlers Run over by Spokane. Seeing this film kind of made me want to get a drone but I have not followed up on it.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”