Cardio Advice.

AJ565
Posts
2356
Joined
3/12/2012
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
6/3/2020 8:19am
OG725 wrote:
As of this morning, 175.4 pounds, 10.8% body fat, 59 bpm rhr, 57.5% saturation. How can I retain more water without the increased BP of sodium...
As of this morning, 175.4 pounds, 10.8% body fat, 59 bpm rhr, 57.5% saturation.

How can I retain more water without the increased BP of sodium? My tracking tells me my sodium intake is ridiculously low, but that’s what happens when they put the stroke/heart attack fear in you.
I drink about a gallon of water a day with pink himalayan sea salt in it. Not enough to taste a difference though. Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about. My BP is on the normal/ideal range when I check it, in the area of 118/73 for the most part.
1
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/3/2020 11:03am
OG725 wrote:
As of this morning, 175.4 pounds, 10.8% body fat, 59 bpm rhr, 57.5% saturation. How can I retain more water without the increased BP of sodium...
As of this morning, 175.4 pounds, 10.8% body fat, 59 bpm rhr, 57.5% saturation.

How can I retain more water without the increased BP of sodium? My tracking tells me my sodium intake is ridiculously low, but that’s what happens when they put the stroke/heart attack fear in you.
AJ565 wrote:
I drink about a gallon of water a day with pink himalayan sea salt in it. Not enough to taste a difference though. Google it and...
I drink about a gallon of water a day with pink himalayan sea salt in it. Not enough to taste a difference though. Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about. My BP is on the normal/ideal range when I check it, in the area of 118/73 for the most part.
Half a teaspoon per gallon! I’ll give it a shot.
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/4/2020 8:48am
Took a couple of days off to recover, low and behold, my best session yet!

1
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/4/2020 9:00am
147 bpm avg is 87%. That 173 is 102%.

The Shop

OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/5/2020 6:13am
Took my BP fresh out of the rack. Wanted to see before, caffeine, nicotine, or anything else tainted the pool. Probably the best BP number I’ve ever had.


4
6/7/2020 9:55pm
Chance1216 wrote:
One thing I did to help with cardio was alternate using a heavy bag and jump rope in between sets of lifting. Most people rest two...
One thing I did to help with cardio was alternate using a heavy bag and jump rope in between sets of lifting.
Most people rest two three minutes before starting the next set. I really think a jump rope is underestimated for cardio.

Yeah jump rope is awesome. Running short sprints On wood chip trails is a lot easier on the legs , bmx And swimming.
1
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/8/2020 8:33am
I’ve got a nice little route now. Probably add another leg to it soon. I’m fortunate to have this awesome trail system blocks from my house.


OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/8/2020 3:16pm
I’m guessing my base cardio was good from these HIIT workouts.

TXDirt
Posts
7789
Joined
7/29/2015
Location
Plano, TX, USA
6/8/2020 3:35pm
I started a program called 80 Day Obsession with my wife. She has completed it three times. It’s done through Beach Body app on our Fire Tv. You need a subscription but that gets you access to a bunch of different stuff.

I have not worked out in a long time. Today was the start of week two. Last week was brutal. You work out 6 days a week. On Friday night I also did a five mile walk with my wife. I was running on fumes....

The start of week two and I feel a little better. I definitely have more flexibility right now after only a week of exercise.

My goal is to get healthy and maybe lose about 15 pounds. Just trying to eat a little better. That sort of stuff.

My breakfast consists of 1 whole avocado and two of those organic hard boiled eggs you get at Costco. It’s been great! I’m trying to only eat stuff like biscuits and gravy and eggs and bacon on the weekends and not an every day breakfast.

Got a long ways to go but I’m making small strides.
2
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/10/2020 11:26am
TXDirt wrote:
I started a program called 80 Day Obsession with my wife. She has completed it three times. It’s done through Beach Body app on our Fire...
I started a program called 80 Day Obsession with my wife. She has completed it three times. It’s done through Beach Body app on our Fire Tv. You need a subscription but that gets you access to a bunch of different stuff.

I have not worked out in a long time. Today was the start of week two. Last week was brutal. You work out 6 days a week. On Friday night I also did a five mile walk with my wife. I was running on fumes....

The start of week two and I feel a little better. I definitely have more flexibility right now after only a week of exercise.

My goal is to get healthy and maybe lose about 15 pounds. Just trying to eat a little better. That sort of stuff.

My breakfast consists of 1 whole avocado and two of those organic hard boiled eggs you get at Costco. It’s been great! I’m trying to only eat stuff like biscuits and gravy and eggs and bacon on the weekends and not an every day breakfast.

Got a long ways to go but I’m making small strides.
You’re going in the right direction. The hardest part is getting started!
2
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/14/2020 8:44am
Was out just playing this morning. Trying to put together a new leg to my ride. Wasn’t my quickest, but my longest time and distance to date.



OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/17/2020 8:10am
Alright, I’ve only been monitoring my RHR for about 30 days. Have gone from doing little to limited aerobic work, to doing intense cardio. Should I be concerned with overtraining, or give it some time to balance before I freak out?


AJ565
Posts
2356
Joined
3/12/2012
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
6/17/2020 10:38am
Hydration plays into that too. If you’re not hydrated enough your HR will be higher. You’re talking 3 BPM difference so I wouldn’t worry to much about it. Daily stress and diet can play into it as well.
1
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/17/2020 8:49pm
AJ565 wrote:
Hydration plays into that too. If you’re not hydrated enough your HR will be higher. You’re talking 3 BPM difference so I wouldn’t worry to much...
Hydration plays into that too. If you’re not hydrated enough your HR will be higher. You’re talking 3 BPM difference so I wouldn’t worry to much about it. Daily stress and diet can play into it as well.
I’m looking at six from 56-62. Thanks, as I suspected though, it’s just more because I’m more “aware” of it. I’ve been drinking at least a half gallon a day, up to a gallon and a half depending on exertion. Stress.

Need to go have some fun.
AJ565
Posts
2356
Joined
3/12/2012
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
6/18/2020 6:20am
OG725 wrote:
I’m looking at six from 56-62. Thanks, as I suspected though, it’s just more because I’m more “aware” of it. I’ve been drinking at least a...
I’m looking at six from 56-62. Thanks, as I suspected though, it’s just more because I’m more “aware” of it. I’ve been drinking at least a half gallon a day, up to a gallon and a half depending on exertion. Stress.

Need to go have some fun.
Just remember the water you drink today doesn't really help as much as the water you drank yesterday or the days before. So if your RHR is higher today and you didn't drink enough yesterday then that also plays into it. Hydration starts days before you really need it.
1
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
6/23/2020 10:09am
I’ve made some amazing progress in a short amount of time.



2
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
7/10/2020 9:17am

OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
7/10/2020 9:19am
Added a disc front to my antique, best change yet.

OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
11/19/2020 6:55am
180lbs and 8.5% body fat as of this morning. I’m fit, I’m strong, I’m never going to be 150!

MTB is packing muscle on my legs.
2
1
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
11/29/2020 8:38am
If I were trying to run 6 miles a day, how far would I have to MTB? Understand it's 3X on a road bike.
OG725
Posts
907
Joined
4/27/2020
Location
Stanley, NM, USA
12/7/2020 11:17am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2020 11:18am
Went out to ride 20 miles today, fell just short. Petered out around mile 16.



Post a reply to: Cardio Advice.

The Latest