2013 Ford Focus

Andrew_Foster
Been a member here for some time now but do not post very often. Just curious if anyone else has had the luxury of owning a 2011-2016 Focus?

The car only has 86,000 miles on it but here lately has been giving a shit fit. Been having a bunch of electrical issues it here lately, not to mention the 4 times we’ve taken it to the dealership to have the transmission looked at for the shutter in it, only to be told “We can’t help you until it completely stops running.” I’ve watched numerous videos and read lots of negative things about these cars and actually know a guy who works at a Ford dealership that has said the same thing, the car is junk.

What’s your thoughts on it if you’ve had one?
|
APLMAN99
5/2/2018 9:50pm
Got my 2013 bought back as a lemon. Actually liked everything about the car except for that horrible dualdual-clutch transmission. Ford ended up having to extend the transmission warranty to 100K for those cars, but it still wasn't enough for me!
ns503
5/3/2018 4:06am
I don't think it started with the '11s. My daughter has an 11 and it has been solid.
MR. X
5/3/2018 5:52am
I have heard a lot of people complaining , I know a couple guys that had the trans swapped free of charge also. Might wanna try some other dealers
Homey55
5/3/2018 8:02am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 8:02am
Been a member here for some time now but do not post very often. Just curious if anyone else has had the luxury of owning a...
Been a member here for some time now but do not post very often. Just curious if anyone else has had the luxury of owning a 2011-2016 Focus?

The car only has 86,000 miles on it but here lately has been giving a shit fit. Been having a bunch of electrical issues it here lately, not to mention the 4 times we’ve taken it to the dealership to have the transmission looked at for the shutter in it, only to be told “We can’t help you until it completely stops running.” I’ve watched numerous videos and read lots of negative things about these cars and actually know a guy who works at a Ford dealership that has said the same thing, the car is junk.

Check out www.focusfanatics.com and ask around there or look through to find similar problems. There are a bunch of sharp people that can help solve the problem or point you in the right direction.

What electrical problems are you having?

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
5/3/2018 9:57am
IMO dont but anything with a dual clutch transmission except a Ferrari. Particularly dry clutches. Computers just dont know how to drive stick.
Best thing you can do is drive it like a manual. Creeping will kill the clutches.
Andrew_Foster
5/3/2018 1:36pm
Been a member here for some time now but do not post very often. Just curious if anyone else has had the luxury of owning a...

Homey55 wrote:
Check out www.focusfanatics.com and ask around there or look through to find similar problems. There are a bunch of sharp people that can help solve the...
Check out www.focusfanatics.com and ask around there or look through to find similar problems. There are a bunch of sharp people that can help solve the problem or point you in the right direction.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Honestly I can’t complain too bad. The car has been pretty solid overall. Trunk latch stopped working which seems to be a common problem. It has an electric trunk latch apparently that tells it to open. Got one on order just waiting for it get here and fix that problem.

Just noticed last night that neither reverse light was working. Not sure if these are tied in to any of the latch wiring (I wouldn’t think so) but both bulbs are good and the fuse was good too. Anyone know if there is a relay or something tied to the gear box that tells the lights to come on when you put the car in reverse?
5/4/2018 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 2:51pm

My thoughts are that the car is indeed junk lol. We bought a new one in 2012 and the dealer replaced the clutch like 5 times. Most recently, we had to replace the transmission at 150K. The only reason why we don't get rid of it is because it is very fuel efficient and we use it as a company car for deliveries. Other than that, it is the worst car we have ever owned. Okay, I'm exaggerating. It's not that bad but it definitely has shifting issues.
newmann
5/4/2018 3:22pm

Homey55 wrote:
Check out www.focusfanatics.com and ask around there or look through to find similar problems. There are a bunch of sharp people that can help solve the...

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Honestly I can’t complain too bad. The car has been pretty solid overall. Trunk latch stopped working which seems to...
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Honestly I can’t complain too bad. The car has been pretty solid overall. Trunk latch stopped working which seems to be a common problem. It has an electric trunk latch apparently that tells it to open. Got one on order just waiting for it get here and fix that problem.

Just noticed last night that neither reverse light was working. Not sure if these are tied in to any of the latch wiring (I wouldn’t think so) but both bulbs are good and the fuse was good too. Anyone know if there is a relay or something tied to the gear box that tells the lights to come on when you put the car in reverse?
Reverse lights mounted on the trunk lid? Check the wiring harness where it goes from the body to the trunk lid. I believe it is on the right side at the trunk hinge. Every time you open and close the trunk the wiring has to flex. Only problem is that the wire breaks and your trunk release no longer works. Sounds like you have it worse and the reverse lamps don't either. Had a Ford in the shop a couple years back doing the same thing, think it was a Focus.

Post a reply to: 2013 Ford Focus

The Latest