Posts
1388
Joined
9/10/2013
Location
Lafayette, IN, USA
Edited Date/Time
11/19/2013 9:13am
Since the Motocross schedule has been announced. And it is confirmed that there will be a round in Crawfordsville Indiana. We are looking for interest in having open practice during the week before the national at our motocross facility WildcatcreekMX...We always race prep the track for every practice.. Our track is located 30 minutes from Crawfordsville,15 min from Lafayette Indiana and Interstate 65. Lafayette is a town of about 100,00 people and has all the hotel and restaurant accommodations that anyone would need. We also offer camping at the track. As of now we are looking for interest in doing this? If we think there is enough interest in making this a viable thing to try...?













How do we know C-ville won't, also?
I know the importance to privateers to find tracks in between Nationals. Its always a scramble to find a good one ;-)
Pros do not get to enter the track until Friday unless its for press day.
The Shop
Luxon 4-Post Bar Mounts
$189.95 - $239.95
DeCal Works Huge Plastic Inventory of UFO and Polisport kits.
For bluelion, about one mile from Spring Creek is Meadow Valley, which is a very nice practice facility. During Pro week, they are very busy.
35smom reminds me of the times I was at Meadow Valley, prior to the National, when Ferry and others were putting down laps there.
In my opinion you have the best track in Indiana. I just never understood why you only have a handful of practices a year. This year I only rode your track twice because of the bad weather on your practice dates. People in Indy desperately need a place to go every weekend. Highfly is closed, the badlands is a joke and Haspin is just a bunch of drunks. I have since moved back to GA but I truly enjoyed your track even though the high price to ride.
As for open practice, if you decide to hold it, I'd strongly suggest marketing it towards privateers and not charging them. I know you'd be eating the cost, but in the long run, that would be beneficial to your facility. That is unless someone wants to rent it out privately for their team. There may be other ways to generate some revenue to offset maintenance costs (like amateur practice on the same day at specific times) but keep the costs as low as possible for the pros you are trying to attract.
Your facility looks awesome. Makes me wish I was still racing. Good luck!
I don't understand your drive to hopefully draw Pro riders for 1 day of practice when you are seeing here that the local guys are begging for more track time throughout the year. These local guys are the ones that will make you money and bring in all their buddies and grow your events (i'm assuming you aren't a private, non-profit track.) Instead, you are focusing on the "cool" factor of trying to draw a couple bigger name pro privateers.
It seems you are willing to bend over backwards and cater to these pro privateers for 1 day, of which you probably will lose money by the time you staff and prep the track vs. the amount of Pro practice entries you would recieve. Meanwhile your locals are wanting to come ride every weekend but you aren't extending the same welcome to them.
I also agree with GA_Pike, if you do this for the privateers, you need to let them ride for free or at a reduced rate. Nothing worse than having to run on a privateer budget then have to pay premium amateur track ride fees during the week.
Not trying to bash your cause, it WOULD be cool to have some pros for a 1 day event, but just remember to support the sport and listen to your local crowd.
Pit Row
Post a reply to: looking for Rider interest in having open practice before the Indiana national.