YCF SP3 or BigY Question!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2020 12:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2020 12:27 PM

Hey there. I'm new to the sport and thinking about buying a YCF SP3 or BIGY.

I know that my local moto dealers only service the big names (Kawa, Honda, KTM, etc), but can I assume that my local motorcycle mechanics will know how to work on these if any of the parts fail or break?

Are the parts used on these bikes interchangeable with other OEM parts that are readily available online? My concern with these bikes is repair and maintenance in South Florida.

Some advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Max

|

1/29/2020 12:28 PM

yz125

|

1/29/2020 12:30 PM

A what?

|

1/29/2020 12:31 PM

Yeah no for sure

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

1/29/2020 12:42 PM

A china bike
Photo

|

1/29/2020 12:54 PM

No, most dealerships do not want to work on a Chinese pit bike. Usually, they say that getting parts is the issue. I know Pitster Pro has a ton of parts in stock and easily available. Not sure about these guys though.

|

1/29/2020 12:55 PM

There’s a guy on here with a pretty sweet ycf. They’re actually really good pit bikes now but since it’s not made by the big6 they’re written off right away. But if you’re actually trying to get into riding and not just ripping out bikes with your buddy’s, then go with a 125

|

1/29/2020 6:08 PM

mgranofsky wrote:

I know that my local moto dealers only service ...more

I think they look sweet. I've never ridden one though
They seem like they would be a great bike for a smaller track. And especially with a couple of them where they could battle.
On a small tighter track I would think that the more torque would be good Photo

|

1/29/2020 6:09 PM

Mine was awesome. Most parts are interchangeable with other pitbikes. Tbolt for parts or ycf directly. I sold it a few months back. Just got out of riding for a while. While it is made in China, it’s not your average corner store bike. Piranha, sold by tbolt and wholesale cycle is a ycf just rebranded. The Daytona motor is built in Japan and quality is great.
Photo

|

1/29/2020 7:17 PM

I was turned away by multiple shops across 3 states when I had Pitsters. I finally found one that would do maintenance like flat tires, but when I actually had an issue (the bike was like 10 years old), they did the most piss poor job ever and way overcharged. And I never complain about labor…I'll pay whatever so long as it's well done and agreed upon.

Was half the reason I switched to a Japanese pit bike. I miss the torque, but nothing else.

|

1/29/2020 7:50 PM

Yeah, I love my KLX140. I recently realized I've had it four years. I've never owned any motorcycle that long in my entire life!

|

1/30/2020 6:14 AM

mgranofsky wrote:

I know that my local moto dealers only service ...more

Hi
You can buy all the parts on ycfusa-store.com
All local motorcycle mechanics can open an account and received YCF spares parts within 2 days.
All the parts are available in our warehouse in Florida .

|

1/30/2020 6:14 AM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

A china bike
Photo

Yes , same as Honda CRF 50, 110 .....

|

1/30/2020 6:17 AM

Wandell wrote:

No, most dealerships do not want to work on a Chinese pit bike. Usually, they say that getting parts is the issue. I know ...more

You can find all YCF parts on ycfusa-store.com.
You can have a look on wich rider use a YCF minibike : https://ycfusa.com/riders/

|

1/30/2020 12:05 PM

bf884 wrote:

Mine was awesome. Most parts are interchangeable with other pitbikes. Tbolt for parts or ycf directly. I sold it a few months ...more

I just saw this posted by YCF. And I recognized it. Pretty cool that your bike gets so much attention. Photo

|

1/30/2020 12:33 PM

Good looking bikes!

|

1/30/2020 1:39 PM

bf884 wrote:

Mine was awesome. Most parts are interchangeable with other pitbikes. Tbolt for parts or ycf directly. I sold it a few months ...more

Tarz483 wrote:

I just saw this posted by YCF. And I recognized it. Pretty cool that your bike gets so much attention. Photo

Wow that is pretty cool! I'm glad most people seem to like my Yama YCF190f LOL. I do miss it a lot!

|

1/30/2020 4:15 PM

bf884 wrote:

Wow that is pretty cool! I'm glad most people seem to like my Yama YCF190f LOL. I do miss it a lot!

I actually posted your bike (jgx123x) and YCF reposted it. I loved your bike and I think Pourcel’s replica of his SX Champ Bike was awesome as well! The YCF Bigy’s are a blast! Photo

|

1/30/2020 5:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2020 5:15 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

bf884 wrote:

garnersnake wrote:

I actually posted your bike (jgx123x) and YCF reposted it. I loved your bike and I think Pourcel’s replica of his SX Champ ...more

Thanks bud. They are awesome machines. Pourcel’s looks sweet too.

|

1/30/2020 5:18 PM

On a side note... who the hell is slapping random down votes on everyone’s posts? Must realty hate dirt bikes.

|

1/30/2020 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2020 5:25 PM

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/30/2020 5:35 PM

In the world of "non-Japanese" pit bikes - These YCF's are pretty legit... No problems with spare parts availability, and the suspension is great

|

1/30/2020 6:05 PM

bf884 wrote:

On a side note... who the hell is slapping random down votes on everyone’s posts? Must realty hate dirt bikes.

It happens all the time here. You could wish someone good luck on fighting cancer.....and some dipshit would down vote it.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja