Wilson is NOT Canadian.....

MxNate701
Posts
121
Joined
6/8/2010
Location
Sarnia, CA
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 6:35pm
Wilson is NOT Canadian......he just lived here.
To all my Canadian Brothers and Sisters who want to claim him you can not, because you can't claim somebody that doesnt want to be claimed. He has had ample time in the spotlight to outright CLAIM Canada but time and time again he has not. My guess is that it's his genuine way of honouring his Scottish parents which is a noble thing for any kid to do. The fact that he didn't acknowledge that the fans Erin were refering to were Canadian fans (Not too many Scots made the trip to RED BUD but Im sure hundreds of Canadians made the trip across the Detroit border). I said it in another thread, if he dosen't want Canada then we don't want him, clinging onto the hope that he'll say he's Canadian is starting to seem a bit pathetic.
|
MXR
Posts
3780
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
City, WA, USA
7/3/2010 12:01pm
If he was Canadian he would be about 10 seconds a lap slower .
MxNate701
Posts
121
Joined
6/8/2010
Location
Sarnia, CA
7/3/2010 12:02pm
......and in last years gear.
7/3/2010 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2010 12:58pm
you seem to be reading into dean's reaction on the podium quite a bit. If Blackfoot lets klatt and facciotti race the des nations then he's in. He has canadian citizenship so there is no issue of his nationality. A person can just have duel citizenship
Jefro98
Posts
2472
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
6712, NL
7/3/2010 12:09pm
He must be canadian somewhere.
He rode for team Canada at the 2009 MXdN.

The Shop

Chili
Posts
813
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Winnipeg, CA
7/3/2010 12:11pm
What's a bit pathetic is that it matters this much to someone.
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
7/3/2010 12:13pm
like this subject hasnt been beat to death....
Ddavis
Posts
5216
Joined
12/11/2009
Location
USA
7/3/2010 12:14pm
I'm pretty sure he is half canadian half scottish, but I can be wrong... and probably am.
gsxrcr28
Posts
7419
Joined
3/5/2009
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
7/3/2010 12:17pm
Dude's an awesome rider, who cares where he is from.
WFO
Posts
601
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Terrell, TX, USA
7/3/2010 12:25pm
he might want to reconsider going back to Canada before the MXDN though............LOL!!
7/3/2010 1:04pm
Whatever team he raced the MXDN for is the country I'd say he's from... I don't know why this is so complex...
MxNate701
Posts
121
Joined
6/8/2010
Location
Sarnia, CA
7/3/2010 5:25pm
I agree with everybody who feels this is being blown way out of proportion, the intention of the thread was in some way to give some closure to any of the Canadian fans that are still holding out hope that he might denounce Scottland on the podium. As for the Des Nations, my understanding is that Canada asked and Scotland didn't, that might not be the case this fall. And really if you had a chance for international race experience before you even turned Pro wouldnt you take it too....no matter who came knocking.
7/3/2010 5:33pm
MxNate701 wrote:
I agree with everybody who feels this is being blown way out of proportion, the intention of the thread was in some way to give some...
I agree with everybody who feels this is being blown way out of proportion, the intention of the thread was in some way to give some closure to any of the Canadian fans that are still holding out hope that he might denounce Scottland on the podium. As for the Des Nations, my understanding is that Canada asked and Scotland didn't, that might not be the case this fall. And really if you had a chance for international race experience before you even turned Pro wouldnt you take it too....no matter who came knocking.
I've spent some time in Mexico but wouldn't ride for their MXDN team.


Just sayin'...
OSJ
Posts
215
Joined
11/25/2009
Location
Victoria, B.C, CA
7/3/2010 5:44pm
i dont really care anymore, but i dont think you shoud be able to ride for another country after you have previously raced for another?

how many times did Jeff Ward race for GB?
MxNate701
Posts
121
Joined
6/8/2010
Location
Sarnia, CA
7/3/2010 6:01pm
MxNate701 wrote:
I agree with everybody who feels this is being blown way out of proportion, the intention of the thread was in some way to give some...
I agree with everybody who feels this is being blown way out of proportion, the intention of the thread was in some way to give some closure to any of the Canadian fans that are still holding out hope that he might denounce Scottland on the podium. As for the Des Nations, my understanding is that Canada asked and Scotland didn't, that might not be the case this fall. And really if you had a chance for international race experience before you even turned Pro wouldnt you take it too....no matter who came knocking.
TripleFive wrote:
I've spent some time in Mexico but wouldn't ride for their MXDN team.


Just sayin'...
Yeah, but that might have more to do with the water in there pits and the Fox V3 sombraro you'd have to wear.
nytsmaC
Posts
5946
Joined
8/10/2009
Location
Frig Off, CA
7/3/2010 7:02pm
Ddavis wrote:
I'm pretty sure he is half canadian half scottish, but I can be wrong... and probably am.
Thanks for the enlightening response you fucktard. Click yourself.
Jarid332
Posts
5360
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Somewhere north of Toronto, CA
Fantasy
7/3/2010 7:04pm
If Blackfoot lets Colt and Dusty ride, then Dean rides for Canada......
7/3/2010 7:52pm
MXR wrote:
If he was Canadian he would be about 10 seconds a lap slower .
Hopefully Matthes doesn't see this thread, he might jump off a cliff.
7/3/2010 7:58pm
I don't want to see him on our team. I'd rather see a real Canadian on our team.
chrisbuehler
Posts
3346
Joined
2/9/2009
Location
North Stonington, CT, USA
7/3/2010 8:18pm
Please please please no more of these friggin Wilson Canadian threads! Who cares?
Ramrod
Posts
4998
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Ontario, CA
7/3/2010 8:54pm
Please please please no more of these friggin Wilson Canadian threads! Who cares?
Dude, it's because Canadian's want SOOO BAD for one of our own to break through in the US and be a player.

I'm a big fan of his no matter what.
chrisbuehler
Posts
3346
Joined
2/9/2009
Location
North Stonington, CT, USA
7/3/2010 9:27pm
Please please please no more of these friggin Wilson Canadian threads! Who cares?
Ramrod wrote:
Dude, it's because Canadian's want SOOO BAD for one of our own to break through in the US and be a player. I'm a big fan...
Dude, it's because Canadian's want SOOO BAD for one of our own to break through in the US and be a player.

I'm a big fan of his no matter what.
Man I don't even want to contribute to this thread but screw it. I consider him Canadian, he rode for you last year.
sdfog1
Posts
966
Joined
5/24/2009
Location
Flower Mound, TX, USA
7/3/2010 9:29pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Dude's an awesome rider, who cares where he is from.
X108
Ramrod
Posts
4998
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Ontario, CA
7/3/2010 9:33pm
Please please please no more of these friggin Wilson Canadian threads! Who cares?
Ramrod wrote:
Dude, it's because Canadian's want SOOO BAD for one of our own to break through in the US and be a player. I'm a big fan...
Dude, it's because Canadian's want SOOO BAD for one of our own to break through in the US and be a player.

I'm a big fan of his no matter what.
Man I don't even want to contribute to this thread but screw it. I consider him Canadian, he rode for you last year.
I consider him Scottish but he has a place in the heart of Canadians and we have his back. He can ride the mxdn for his rightful country (imo).
chrisbuehler
Posts
3346
Joined
2/9/2009
Location
North Stonington, CT, USA
7/3/2010 9:35pm
And I didnt hear England try to claim him till he started ripping this year. Last year it was fine and dandy for him to be Canadian. Now that he gives them a better shot at the MXdN, he from GB. Well either way USA is gonna crush all comers this year so give Canada a break and let Deano ride for him.
WhipMeister
Posts
5282
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Big D, TX, USA
7/3/2010 10:43pm
MXR wrote:
If he was Canadian he would be about 10 seconds a lap slower .
I don't care who you are. If you didn't chuckle at that, someone needs to check your vitals.

Post a reply to: Wilson is NOT Canadian.....

The Latest