What helmet fits like HJC?

Philly215
Edited Date/Time 1/3/2021 8:23pm
I bought an XR650L today for ripping around on the dirt roads I live on.

While I was waiting for paperwork stuff I was messing around with moto helmets. I currently wear a Shoei Evo in a Medium for moto and they fit pretty good. But I put on an HJC IJ50 or IS50 or whatever they are called and couldn’t even get the medium on but when I put on the large the heavens opened up and it fit me even better than the Shoei.

But that’s the only helmet HJC makes and I don’t want to wear $150 helmets so is there someone out there who makes quality helmets that fits just like the HJCs? I thought maybe it was a fluke so I threw on an HJC street helmet and that also fit amazing. Maybe I just have a retarded head shape and deserve a helmet made for retarded heads.
|
hypermoto
1/2/2021 5:35pm
The best helmet for your head is the one that fits it best. Price isn’t everything. If a $800 helmet doesn’t fit your head, the $800 technology can’t properly do it’s job.
TeamGreen
1/2/2021 5:50pm
Philly215 wrote:
I bought an XR650L today for ripping around on the dirt roads I live on. While I was waiting for paperwork stuff I was messing around...

While I was waiting for paperwork stuff I was messing around with moto helmets. I currently wear a Shoei Evo in a Medium for moto and they fit pretty good. But I put on an HJC IJ50 or IS50 or whatever they are called and couldn’t even get the medium on but when I put on the large the heavens opened up and it fit me even better than the Shoei.

But that’s the only helmet HJC makes and I don’t want to wear $150 helmets so is there someone out there who makes quality helmets that fits just like the HJCs? I thought maybe it was a fluke so I threw on an HJC street helmet and that also fit amazing. Maybe I just have a retarded head shape and deserve a helmet made for retarded heads.
I realize it ain't easy with all this COVID madness; but, I highlly recommend trying on whatever brand it is you're most interested in. You'll likely find the right fit and type the same way you stumbled onto the HJC brand & the better fit you discovered with it.

Helmets are one of the things I always try to get people to try on before they buy.

Good luck!

TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
1/2/2021 6:04pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I realize it ain't easy with all this COVID madness; but, I highlly recommend trying on whatever brand it is you're most interested in. You'll likely...
I realize it ain't easy with all this COVID madness; but, I highlly recommend trying on whatever brand it is you're most interested in. You'll likely find the right fit and type the same way you stumbled onto the HJC brand & the better fit you discovered with it.

Helmets are one of the things I always try to get people to try on before they buy.

Good luck!

Fortunately, helmets are still stocked in many stores and we have the ability to try them on. Trying to find knee braces to try on or in some cases a combination of chest protector and neck brace is damn near impossible with stores just not stocking much. Very frustrating, but we've done it to ourselves with online shopping, etc.
APLMAN99
1/2/2021 7:33pm
Philly215 wrote:
I bought an XR650L today for ripping around on the dirt roads I live on. While I was waiting for paperwork stuff I was messing around...

I know what you are talking about. For whatever reason, the HJC shape is just plain better for my melon than anything else I’ve tried. Except I wear a 3XL.....!

I’ve been wondering about the fit of the LS2 helmets, but haven’t seen any at a dealer to try one on. The oval shape of my head means that I need the chin guard to go out as far as possible, and the pictures certainly look like they do that.

Best fitting helmet I ever owned was the old Bell Moto 4, but I think that right after that model is when they were bought by a European company and their helmet shapes changed drastically. The Moto 5 didn’t fit at all and was pure pain to wear.

The Shop

zeromarine
1/2/2021 7:35pm
I agree I have a hjc i50 and it fits amazing. I got a new shoei vfxevo and from al the ones I found it pretty much identical. But the hjc still fits a bit nicer.
Really it’s still a nice helmet.
Darrin Willis
1/2/2021 7:36pm
I fit hjcs very well too. Have a couple of their carbon fiber versions from 10 years ago
captmoto
1/3/2021 11:17am
My HJC helmet was a good fit. I tried on a 6d and it felt even better and was way lighter. I've had Shoeis but they have a weird fit for my head and the fit seems to get sloppy over time for me.
hypermoto
1/3/2021 8:23pm
Philly215 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
I know what you are talking about. For whatever reason, the HJC shape is just plain better for my melon than anything else I’ve tried. Except...
I know what you are talking about. For whatever reason, the HJC shape is just plain better for my melon than anything else I’ve tried. Except I wear a 3XL.....!

I’ve been wondering about the fit of the LS2 helmets, but haven’t seen any at a dealer to try one on. The oval shape of my head means that I need the chin guard to go out as far as possible, and the pictures certainly look like they do that.

Best fitting helmet I ever owned was the old Bell Moto 4, but I think that right after that model is when they were bought by a European company and their helmet shapes changed drastically. The Moto 5 didn’t fit at all and was pure pain to wear.
I had a Just1 J12 Carbon a few years ago and the chin bar went very far out. You might like that.

The fit was similar to a HJC but obviously the exterior shape is much different.
TeamGreen
1/3/2021 10:09pm
rongi#401 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/03/469761/s1200_51887D3D_0D92_4CC0_8345_7105F71DDF4B.jpg[/img]

See?

2021 is better already!

This made me LOL. Thanks!
2/14/2022 8:11am
I come from a fly formula size medium and while I like the helmet I cant stand the visor I'm looking at getting a bell moto 9(mips or flex) or a Hjc i50 is there any sizing difficulties I would notice in either.

Post a reply to: What helmet fits like HJC?

The Latest