Trey Canard

fader418
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 12:25pm
Great ride today Trey! I was thinking if Trey wins both motos next week, he will lose the championship by one point. I am not saying Eli shouldn't have passed him last weekend but Trey needs every point he can get.
|
9/4/2010 5:54pm
Dude has heart....all I can say....he's super cool to talk to at the races too....had him sign my mtb a couple years back too.....I'm a little partial though....my number is 38 and my nickname is Turbo.....lol
Ing
9/4/2010 5:57pm
Excellent Trey. You da man. Cool
DanDunes818
9/4/2010 6:05pm
fader418 wrote:
Great ride today Trey! I was thinking if Trey wins both motos next week, he will lose the championship by one point. I am not saying...
Great ride today Trey! I was thinking if Trey wins both motos next week, he will lose the championship by one point. I am not saying Eli shouldn't have passed him last weekend but Trey needs every point he can get.
I was thinking the same thing today. It made no sense that Eli went by him last week. It's not like they were battling for a win or a podium. I understand if there's a win bonus or podium bonus but come on Eli did 8th or 9th really make a difference to you at that point? No!! But it may have meant a championship to your team mate. I know Eli doesn't get it but if he ever needs a team mate to help him out in that spot I sure hope he gets a greater understanding of what that pass may have meant in the grand scheme of things. The difference between 6-7 pts going into pala is HUGE..
nwmx
9/4/2010 6:43pm
who cares if he passed him trey had plenty of chances where he could have made up that 1 point in other races this season. shoulda coulda woulda!

The Shop

DanDunes818
9/4/2010 6:51pm
nwmx wrote:
who cares if he passed him trey had plenty of chances where he could have made up that 1 point in other races this season. shoulda...
who cares if he passed him trey had plenty of chances where he could have made up that 1 point in other races this season. shoulda coulda woulda!
JMO of that one pass. Nothing more and nothing less. If I was Eli or the team manager that pass would of never happened. Like I said though it's JMO.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
9/4/2010 6:52pm
I doubt it will be that clean cut, every week is crazy and this track is new so no one has an advantage.
MCfan4life
9/4/2010 7:02pm
JMO of that one pass. Nothing more and nothing less. If I was Eli or the team manager that pass would of never happened. Like I...
JMO of that one pass. Nothing more and nothing less. If I was Eli or the team manager that pass would of never happened. Like I said though it's JMO.
Fair enough opinion Dan.

But here's the other side: Championships should be earned, not given to you by teammates moving over or purposely slowing down so that they won't pass you.

To me that would seem like a hollow victory. And I think, with Treys work ethic and attitude to life, he would feel somewhat the same.

I also think, at Pala, whether he wins the Championship or not Trey will take it in his stride. He will know there were other opportunities during the series to make up points, but he won't dwell on them. And I certainly don't think he will blame Eli Tomac on costing him the championship if he doesn't win. That's just not Treys style.

But that's just my opinion Wink and I can't wait to see what unfolds at Pala

Post a reply to: Trey Canard

The Latest