This guy does NOT ‘know what he has’.....

APLMAN99
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2021 4:29pm
This thing looks practically new compared to most that I’ve seen anywhere near this price.....

Especially with the riding gear thrown in.

|
APLMAN99
6/7/2021 5:21am
Are you saying that's cheap? Genuine question
Compared to what people seem to be asking right now. Yes, it’s the price of a brand new one but those seem to be about as available as unicorns in a pet store right now.

Asking price and selling prices are different things, obviously, but asking prices sure seem to be more than MSRP for used beaters right now.
6/7/2021 5:25am
Are you saying that's cheap? Genuine question
APLMAN99 wrote:
Compared to what people seem to be asking right now. Yes, it’s the price of a brand new one but those seem to be about as...
Compared to what people seem to be asking right now. Yes, it’s the price of a brand new one but those seem to be about as available as unicorns in a pet store right now.

Asking price and selling prices are different things, obviously, but asking prices sure seem to be more than MSRP for used beaters right now.
What's so special about these Yamahas that they're rare? I thought it was sweet it had electric start by the way. Zooks can't get the magic button on they're race bikes but this thing has one. Thanks for indulging my questions I'm not up on all things minis and pit bikes
Wilson116
Fantasy
1599th
6/7/2021 6:25am
The 110cc minibikes make great trail bikes for kids but also great pit bikes for adults. Great power for the size and insanely durable. For the past year + they have been selling before dealers can even get them in. This has resulted in used bike prices going through the roof. TTR, KLX, CRF ect..

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
6/7/2021 7:48am
I put my 2013 TT-R110 up for sale on Saturday night. By 6:30AM yesterday, we had 5 offers. Sold it last night for $2,000. It was in about the same condition as this one, based on the photos.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
6/7/2021 9:48am

I can confirm these bikes are a blast. Built a little track in the backyard this weekend and the hardest thing is sharing the bike with the kids and resisting the "give me that thing and let me show you how it's done" urge every 2 minutes.

Now if only it would stop raining in north texas for more than a few hrs...
Mr. Afterbar
6/7/2021 9:52am
Not a good deal at all. It's bone stock and 13 years old. You can still get brand new 110s for msrp if you look around.
6/7/2021 10:04am
Not a good deal at all. It's bone stock and 13 years old. You can still get brand new 110s for msrp if you look around.
The two local dealers I have talked to had deposits down for every slot on their waiting list for yet-to-be delivered 110s.
Mr. Afterbar
6/7/2021 10:09am
The two local dealers I have talked to had deposits down for every slot on their waiting list for yet-to-be delivered 110s.
You're going to have to look harder than that. I'd personally rather travel to get a new one for another $500 than buy someone's '09. I follow a lot of pit bike pages on Facebook and they are out there.
6/7/2021 10:12am
You're going to have to look harder than that. I'd personally rather travel to get a new one for another $500 than buy someone's '09. I...
You're going to have to look harder than that. I'd personally rather travel to get a new one for another $500 than buy someone's '09. I follow a lot of pit bike pages on Facebook and they are out there.
If you "have to look harder than that", then it sounds like it's probably not a bad deal.
APLMAN99
6/7/2021 10:53am
I'm not saying that it's a great deal or a horrible deal, but it sure seems that guys are advertising the cleaner used ones for astronomical amounts with the "I know what I have" type of attitude written into their descriptions.

This guy's price seems to be a decent starting price, and it may be had for less than that obviously.

My point wasn't that this seller is over or underpricing his bike, just that he seemed to have a better approach and beginning point than a lot of the people trying to sell right now and it doesn't seem like he is trying to shoot over the moon like so many are.
6/7/2021 10:56am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2021 11:09am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm not saying that it's a great deal or a horrible deal, but it sure seems that guys are advertising the cleaner used ones for astronomical...
I'm not saying that it's a great deal or a horrible deal, but it sure seems that guys are advertising the cleaner used ones for astronomical amounts with the "I know what I have" type of attitude written into their descriptions.

This guy's price seems to be a decent starting price, and it may be had for less than that obviously.

My point wasn't that this seller is over or underpricing his bike, just that he seemed to have a better approach and beginning point than a lot of the people trying to sell right now and it doesn't seem like he is trying to shoot over the moon like so many are.
There is already a post in this thread where Falcon indicated he just listed a similar bike at a similar price and literally had people lining up overnight with offers to get it.

Seems like he probably knows the market for this better than anybody who is window shopping ads/dealers or posting on mini forums.
APLMAN99
6/7/2021 11:00am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm not saying that it's a great deal or a horrible deal, but it sure seems that guys are advertising the cleaner used ones for astronomical...

There is already a post in this thread where Falcon indicated he just listed a similar bike at a similar price and literally had people lining...
There is already a post in this thread where Falcon indicated he just listed a similar bike at a similar price and literally had people lining up overnight with offers to get it.

Seems like he probably knows the market for this better than anybody who is window shopping ads/dealers or posting on mini forums.
Sounds like that one was underpriced then!!!!!

Cool

Not that I am excited about used bike prices right now. I've been looking for a "light" ADV/Dual Sport bike for the last few months and the prices on KLR650s are nothing close to what they were a year ago. And there are virtually no good, clean DRZs out there that aren't 20 years old, look sort of abused, and are about 50-100% overpriced.

Starting to look at the older KTM 950/990s as they seem to be a bit more reasonable, even if it is quite a bit more bike than I really need.
APLMAN99
6/7/2021 11:24am
Looks like this one is going quickly too. Just saw the same ad on Craigslist and it said that it was posted 14 hours ago, already 'pending'........

Mr. Afterbar
6/7/2021 11:33am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2021 11:37am
If you "have to look harder than that", then it sounds like it's probably not a bad deal.
I guess we have different ideas of a good deal. I can pick up a phone and call every dealer in my state that sells 110s in an hour. If everyone is so willing to overpay then this will be the new norm, but like I said, you can still find them new for not much more unless you are ok wasting money. I’m well aware of what people think their 110s are worth these days.
6/7/2021 11:36am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2021 11:37am
I guess we have different ideas of a good deal. I can pick up a phone and call every dealer in my state that sells 110s...
I guess we have different ideas of a good deal. I can pick up a phone and call every dealer in my state that sells 110s in an hour. If everyone is so willing to overpay then this will be the new norm, but like I said, you can still find them new for not much more unless you are ok wasting money. I’m well aware of what people think their 110s are worth these days.
Well, looks like bike sold in under a night, anyways.
Mr. Afterbar
6/7/2021 11:51am
I guess we have different ideas of a good deal. I can pick up a phone and call every dealer in my state that sells 110s...
I didn't say it wouldn't sell. I said there are new ones out there for not that much more. I agree it's priced better than most right now. What did it sell for by the way? Are you always so lazy when buying a new bike that you call the two closest dealers then overpay? Don't think I've ever bought a bike without looking harder than that. Never fails that someone will twist your words to start an argument on vital.
dedi684
6/7/2021 11:52am
I lucked out and got a new klx. Called the shitty local dealer and a truck happened to show up that day with 30 of them
6/7/2021 11:54am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2021 11:55am
I didn't say it wouldn't sell. I said there are new ones out there for not that much more. I agree it's priced better than most...
I didn't say it wouldn't sell. I said there are new ones out there for not that much more. I agree it's priced better than most right now. What did it sell for by the way? Are you always so lazy when buying a new bike that you call the two closest dealers then overpay? Don't think I've ever bought a bike without looking harder than that. Never fails that someone will twist your words to start an argument on vital.
I got on the waiting list and waited

But if one didn't want to do that, you pay market rate for a used one. And that is not a BAD DEAL. That is what they cost
Mr. Afterbar
6/7/2021 11:57am
I didn't say it wouldn't sell. I said there are new ones out there for not that much more. I agree it's priced better than most...
I got on the waiting list and waited But if one didn't want to do that, you pay market rate for a used one. And that...

But if one didn't want to do that, you pay market rate for a used one. And that is not a BAD DEAL. That is what they cost
Didn't say it was a bad deal. I said it wasn't a good deal. I wouldn't pay it when like I said, there are new ones to be had. 30 at a single dealership according to dedi684.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/7/2021 5:22pm
I bought our bone stock, barely ridden used DRZ 110 3 years ago for $700. Love that little bike, so much fun. Great for kids and adults. I knew what it was worth then. Crazy what I could get for it today. But hell no I'm not sellin it.
Tracktor
6/10/2021 5:02pm
I got on the waiting list and waited But if one didn't want to do that, you pay market rate for a used one. And that...

Didn't say it was a bad deal. I said it wasn't a good deal. I wouldn't pay it when like I said, there are new ones...
Didn't say it was a bad deal. I said it wasn't a good deal. I wouldn't pay it when like I said, there are new ones to be had. 30 at a single dealership according to dedi684.
You have no idea on the NW pit bike market. 110's are selling for stupid money around here. SO the OP was a really good deal for this area..................I'm not paying those prices but plenty of people are. I put up a KLX110 that's torn down with who knows what's wrong with engine up for $500 and had more messages than I could reply to....
Richy
6/11/2021 2:54am
To the dude saying "phone dealers", none seem to have any in stock so it's probably just going to result in sitting around waiting.

Personally I've been waiting since late April and I paid in full upon ordering, allegedly going to be here early next week but I'll believe it when I see it... have friends who waited weeks/a little over a month for Honda 110s last year and this year also.

APLMAN99
6/11/2021 5:26am
dedi684 wrote:
I lucked out and got a new klx. Called the shitty local dealer and a truck happened to show up that day with 30 of them
30 of those same units for one dealer? Or the truck had 30 and he dropped a couple at your local dealer?

Based on what it sounds like supply is right now, I find it hard to believe that one dealer got 30 of those specific bikes all at once while most dealers can’t get any.
dedi684
6/11/2021 6:02am
dedi684 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
30 of those same units for one dealer? Or the truck had 30 and he dropped a couple at your local dealer? Based on what it...
30 of those same units for one dealer? Or the truck had 30 and he dropped a couple at your local dealer?

Based on what it sounds like supply is right now, I find it hard to believe that one dealer got 30 of those specific bikes all at once while most dealers can’t get any.
Around 30 total klx 110's. 10+ auto and 10+ clutch. About a month ago dealers in the northeast got a bunch. Is that hard to believe because i dont waste my time typing this shit for nothing.
LKHill
6/12/2021 12:36am
I can't see any dealer getting 30. Most only get a few a year because there is no money in them. If they do get more they only come in 1 or 2 at a time.
Mr. Afterbar
6/12/2021 4:38am
Richy wrote:
To the dude saying "phone dealers", none seem to have any in stock so it's probably just going to result in sitting around waiting. Personally I've...
To the dude saying "phone dealers", none seem to have any in stock so it's probably just going to result in sitting around waiting.

Personally I've been waiting since late April and I paid in full upon ordering, allegedly going to be here early next week but I'll believe it when I see it... have friends who waited weeks/a little over a month for Honda 110s last year and this year also.

They had to wait weeks? Oh, the horror.
sandhills
6/12/2021 5:03am
APLMAN99 wrote:
30 of those same units for one dealer? Or the truck had 30 and he dropped a couple at your local dealer? Based on what it...

There's not much evidence for there being abnormally low supply for Japanese bikes, it's just the insane demand.

Look up some photos of Power Motorsports in Sublimity OR, some dealers operate at an entirely different scale to your local small one. Allocations are based on prior year sales, any dealer could probably sell a shipment of 30 right now, but only the ones that were already selling that many in 2019 will get them.
LKHill
6/12/2021 5:10am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2021 5:11am
sandhills wrote:
There's not much evidence for there being abnormally low supply for Japanese bikes, it's just the insane demand. Look up some photos of Power Motorsports in...
There's not much evidence for there being abnormally low supply for Japanese bikes, it's just the insane demand.

Look up some photos of Power Motorsports in Sublimity OR, some dealers operate at an entirely different scale to your local small one. Allocations are based on prior year sales, any dealer could probably sell a shipment of 30 right now, but only the ones that were already selling that many in 2019 will get them.
There is all kinds of evidence the bikes from Japan are low on production. The dealers are getting less bikes this year than the year before and the year before. Do some research or talk to a dealer before you post crap like this.
6/12/2021 5:58am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2021 6:15am
Richy wrote:
To the dude saying "phone dealers", none seem to have any in stock so it's probably just going to result in sitting around waiting. Personally I've...

They had to wait weeks? Oh, the horror.
It's not like one of our bikes.

When kids may be on these 1-2 years, waiting a month or months is a pretty good chunk of that time.

I'll add resale is so good, you can almost not overpay for a Japanese mini. Almost every one I've owned has been obstensibly free (sold for close to the same as paid). So,hell yeah, 'overpay' if you have to by a few bucks rather than waiting around for a deal that may never come, get your riding in with the kids in the short time they're still little, and you may even get it all back at the tail end.

Post a reply to: This guy does NOT ‘know what he has’.....

The Latest