Think James runs a Rekluse?

DavidR
Edited Date/Time 2/16/2013 8:19pm
Hard to believe his bike didn't stall on either one of his get offs last weekend. If you watch him trying to get up after he went down in the first turn he stumbles backwards and the Yamaha guy picking his bike up almost gets it completely upright before James is able to grab back a hold of the handlebars and have an opportunity to even disengage the clutch.
|
Craze
2/16/2011 5:20pm
Oh no...The secrets out!!!..................They won't tell you straight out, but most teams run them
jmar
2/16/2011 5:28pm
This has to be the post of the year.

James running a Rekluse. LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
mx184
2/16/2011 6:29pm
jmar wrote:
This has to be the post of the year.

James running a Rekluse. LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
X2 LOL

The Shop

Void Main
2/16/2011 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2011 6:41pm
It compliments the traction control and ABS.
Shawn142
2/16/2011 6:42pm
Even the privateers run a Rekluse these days and have for a couple years.
2/16/2011 6:52pm
Shawn142 wrote:
No one uses those in supercross. outdoors yea some guys do but no way in hell guys use those in supercross..
Hank_Thrill
2/16/2011 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2011 7:03pm
Steve Matthes hinted at something in his recent RacerX write up...

From video of his second wreck, his wheel was spinning, and you can clearly see him hold the clutch in.
jmar
2/16/2011 7:05pm
Steve Matthes hinted at something in his recent RacerX write up... From video of his second wreck, his wheel was spinning, and you can clearly see...
Steve Matthes hinted at something in his recent RacerX write up...

From video of his second wreck, his wheel was spinning, and you can clearly see him hold the clutch in.
That's called free spin.

Rekluse is fine for the weekend enthusist, but it ain't going to work at pro level supercross.
2/16/2011 7:11pm
jmar wrote:
That's called free spin.

Rekluse is fine for the weekend enthusist, but it ain't going to work at pro level supercross.
Why wont it work at a pro level of supercross?
2/16/2011 7:14pm
jmar wrote:
That's called free spin.

You have obviously never rode a bike with a rekluse in it or you wouldn't be asking this question.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
2/16/2011 7:21pm
jmar wrote:
That's called free spin.

You have obviously never rode a bike with a rekluse in it or you wouldn't be asking this question.
Why don't you ask Sean Collier (?) that? I'm sure he said somewhere he used them in SX. I actually found a video of Dungey practicing which had a telltale sign of using a Rekluse or similar - he adjusts his goggles, on flat ground and the bike starts to creep. Not saying he runs them during the SX season, but I'm sure they have at least tested them.
2/16/2011 7:22pm
Yeah I have rode a rekluse, but I have never raced supercross, have you? Have you used the core EXP or the Pro?
2/16/2011 7:27pm
Yeah I have rode a rekluse, but I have never raced supercross, have you? Have you used the core EXP or the Pro?
I don't know what one i used, but i know i would never want that in a tight rythem section with steep jump faces where you need the snappy power, I can see a rider doing a huge endo with a rekluse in those conditions..
SL91
2/16/2011 7:30pm
Mitch Cooke ran one a couple of years ago when he raced for Canada at the MXdN. In fact, I think was a malfunctioning rekluse that caused his bike to loop on the start of one of his qualifiers, basically helping to ruin Canada's chance at making the main. That was the year Deano raced for Canada. He went on to win the b final. I'd be interested to know if any top US guys really do run them, or if they've im,proved the design any in the last couple of years.
jmar
jmar wrote:
That's called free spin.

At this level, the clutch is one of many tools that help these guys go as fast as they do.
I don't know what one i used, but i know i would never want that in a tight rythem section with steep jump faces where you...
I don't know what one i used, but i know i would never want that in a tight rythem section with steep jump faces where you need the snappy power, I can see a rider doing a huge endo with a rekluse in those conditions..
You must have tried the Pro because the Core EXP ride's very close to stock. I think if you tried the Core EXP the rekluse that most pro's do run you might have a different opinion on the clutch
jmar
2/16/2011 7:31pm
SL91 wrote:
Mitch Cooke ran one a couple of years ago when he raced for Canada at the MXdN. In fact, I think was a malfunctioning rekluse that...
Mitch Cooke ran one a couple of years ago when he raced for Canada at the MXdN. In fact, I think was a malfunctioning rekluse that caused his bike to loop on the start of one of his qualifiers, basically helping to ruin Canada's chance at making the main. That was the year Deano raced for Canada. He went on to win the b final. I'd be interested to know if any top US guys really do run them, or if they've im,proved the design any in the last couple of years.
Not outdoors were talking about here.
2/16/2011 7:36pm
I don't know what one i used, but i know i would never want that in a tight rythem section with steep jump faces where you...
You must have tried the Pro because the Core EXP ride's very close to stock. I think if you tried the Core EXP the rekluse that...
You must have tried the Pro because the Core EXP ride's very close to stock. I think if you tried the Core EXP the rekluse that most pro's do run you might have a different opinion on the clutch
I will bet you my house that no factory rider uses those in supercross, period....
TWicks
2/16/2011 7:41pm
I wouldn't be surprised if he did, or at least a factory version of the same technology
Shawn142
2/16/2011 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2011 7:48pm
Shawn142 wrote:
No one uses those in supercross. outdoors yea some guys do but no way in hell guys use those in supercross..
A lot of you guys are talking like Rekluse only makes one kind of clutch, which is that auto piece of junk. Just because it has the same brand name doesn't mean it has the same functions or uses as your buddy's clapped out KTM woods bike.

As a matter of fact I can get RacerX video confirmation of Daniel Blair talking about running a Rekluse in Supercross.
jmar
2/16/2011 7:50pm
Shawn142 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
A lot of you guys are talking like Rekluse only makes one kind of clutch, which is that auto piece of junk. Just because it has...
A lot of you guys are talking like Rekluse only makes one kind of clutch, which is that auto piece of junk. Just because it has the same brand name doesn't mean it has the same functions or uses as your buddy's clapped out KTM woods bike.

As a matter of fact I can get RacerX video confirmation of Daniel Blair talking about running a Rekluse in Supercross.
And if he had some type of one off "non auto" Rekluse, what good would it do for Rekluse if no one knew about it?

Marketing 101.
Weeks381fan
2/16/2011 7:55pm
You must have tried the Pro because the Core EXP ride's very close to stock. I think if you tried the Core EXP the rekluse that...
I will bet you my house that no factory rider uses those in supercross, period....
So tell us how these bikes are laying on the ground without the clutch pulled in, rear tire touching, not spinning and the motors stay running? Don't make it harder than it is. Common sense tells us that's not possible with a factory style clutch!
Sparkalounger
2/16/2011 7:58pm
Shawn142 wrote:
A lot of you guys are talking like Rekluse only makes one kind of clutch, which is that auto piece of junk. Just because it has...

jmar wrote:
And if he had some type of one off "non auto" Rekluse, what good would it do for Rekluse if no one knew about it? Marketing...
And if he had some type of one off "non auto" Rekluse, what good would it do for Rekluse if no one knew about it?

Marketing 101.
R&D...
2/16/2011 8:00pm
Shawn142 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:

Who gives a shit about Danial Blairs bike, this thread is about stewart running one or not.. and i know alot more about this then you even know so i don't want to get into a pissing match.
jmar
2/16/2011 8:02pm
Shawn142 wrote:

jmar wrote:
And if he had some type of one off "non auto" Rekluse, what good would it do for Rekluse if no one knew about it? Marketing...

Marketing 101.
R&D...
If James was running a Rekluse, everyone would know.
Weeks381fan
2/16/2011 8:04pm
I guess all these bikes are just going into neutral when they crash. That's amazing. I can never get mine to do that.....

Post a reply to: Think James runs a Rekluse?

The Latest