Team orders

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2017 5:08 PM

Was that not obvious wnough for everyone?

|

4/29/2017 5:11 PM

That was an obvious move by marv. He didnt make a mistake in that rut. He flat out pulled over without a hint of a stumble

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

4/29/2017 5:18 PM

Straight bs there was no error at all he didn't even turn his bars

|

4/29/2017 5:18 PM

Oh yeah that was so obvious. I'd like to see what his pit board said on the last lap it looked like they were holding it really low almost to hide it...

|

4/29/2017 5:19 PM

Marvins mechanic's pitboard said "1 lap, Ryan." On the podium Marv was obviously frustrated and kinda in a this is bullshit attitude. Also think it's bs they wouldn't just let Tomac to return to his pits. Just let the dude go wtf are you expecting to say?

|

4/29/2017 5:21 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

That was an obvious move by marv. He didnt make a mistake in that rut. He flat out pulled over without a hint of a stumble

Slight bobble, the bike did stand up in the rut. Although he could of, would of recovered without riding off to the side of the track under normal race conditions. He did basically pull off to the sidewhistling

|

4/29/2017 5:22 PM

geez...dont make such a big deal out of it. If Dungey loses the championship, KTM loses the championship. Marv signed a nice new deal today and bonuses for everyone who wins on the championship team. It may have looked a little pre-conceived but its for the greater good of the team. Musquin is obviously on a tear now so if he keeps it up without being injured, he will get his wins next year.

|

4/29/2017 5:24 PM

That's why it's called a "Team".

|

4/29/2017 5:25 PM

Photo

|

4/29/2017 5:25 PM

Gonna take alot of toothpaste to get that taste out of Marvin's mouth.

|

4/29/2017 5:29 PM

Is race fixing illegal like match fixing in other sports?

Because KTM, Musquin and Dungey flat out screwed everyone with that. The fans were cheated out of seeing a 6 point race next week. Tomac was cheated out of even having a small chance next week. They were robbed of seeing tge rider who deserved to win actually win.

That is cheating. Straight up. They were in a position to manipulate the results and did. It seems ridiculous to me that this could be an acceptable practice considering in another sport this shit is illegal and if found out can result in lifetime bans and jail time.

Reed copped shit for making Dungey finish a few seconds further behind Tomac then he would have. I hope tge same people who lost respect for him do the same for Dungey and Musquin. Reed had no effect in the points atleast.

|

4/29/2017 5:30 PM

is a loss for Marvin individually but a win for the overall team. Surely the near win in Atlanta last year must taste worse than this. Marvin is a great guy and hope he realizes it and he probably is the "next" guy to zoom on up and take a championship so I hope he doesnt let this sour him in any way.

|

4/29/2017 5:32 PM

it seemed Marv"s interview was difficult for him!

|

still trying to follow Dad's golden rule..."USE YOUR HEAD FOR SOMETHING MORE THAN A HAT RACK!"
current rides:
'13 250SX
'17 701 Husky

4/29/2017 5:34 PM

No way, Marvs face said it all on the podium, he looked disgusted

|

4/29/2017 5:35 PM

mxlegend99 wrote:

Because KTM, Musquin and Dungey flat out screwed everyone with ...more

Dude, Dungey and Marvin and KTM did not make Tomac wreck, not once, but twice. They didnt manipulate anything except their position. Thats it. Maybe you ought to suggest that MX/SX allows no "teams" as teams go and make it everyone for themselves. Until then, there is a team sport at play here and teams will make everything benefit the "team" before individual.

|

4/29/2017 5:36 PM

This is the circus now, not a real competition.

|

4/29/2017 5:36 PM

Wasn't it Michael Waltrip or someone a few years ago who was fined and suspended for the same type of behavior?

|

4/29/2017 5:39 PM

That was a bullshit move by Marv. No longer a fan of his due to that. Both him and Ryan should be docked points.

|

4/29/2017 5:40 PM

mxlegend99 wrote:

Corey_Tallent wrote:

Dude, Dungey and Marvin and KTM did not make Tomac wreck, not once, but twice. They didnt manipulate anything except their ...more

They manipulated the points. Giving 3 extra to Dungey.
They manipulated the result. Handing Dungey a win.

In most sports doing that is blatant cheating and has serious consequences. Tomac fucked his night on his own. Yes. But Dungey, Musquin and team KTM still cheated and manipulated their results.

|

4/29/2017 5:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2017 5:42 PM

Tbteam wrote:

Wasn't it Michael Waltrip or someone a few years ago who was fined and suspended for the same type of behavior?

I believe it was Clint Bower when he raced for MWR. Too bad the AMA doesn't have the balls to do anything like that.

|

4/29/2017 5:41 PM

Marv checked up earlier in the year also and gave RD 2pts also. Could be a 4pt battle to the last round. Amazing it's even this close with Tomac's issues.

|

2018 CRF250R

4/29/2017 5:43 PM

Stunt like that from Marvin can easily affect his whole career.

|

Born in Prague,living in LA,so if you don't like my spelling,blow me!

21 CRF450R
16 Yamaha YXZ 1000R
17 Yamaha MT-10 FZ-10 165 Hp RWP
06 CRF450X street legal supermoto
96 CR250R smoker
2012 CR500AF
2003 KLX110 mod

4/29/2017 5:43 PM

mxlegend99 wrote:

Congratulations! We found the MX version of Alex Jones

Photo

|

4/29/2017 5:45 PM

mxlegend99 wrote:

Corey_Tallent wrote:

Dude, Dungey and Marvin and KTM did not make Tomac wreck, not once, but twice. They didnt manipulate anything except their ...more

mxlegend99 wrote:

They manipulated the points. Giving 3 extra to Dungey.
They manipulated the result. Handing Dungey a win.

In most sports ...more

You have a very weird outlook. Know how many times people pull off during a race and don't even finish, is that illegal? (no)

|

4/29/2017 5:46 PM

steve.hackler.1 wrote:

Gonna take alot of toothpaste to get that taste out of Marvin's mouth.

i litterally laughed out loud at work now people are staring at me thanks

|

4/29/2017 5:47 PM

This is nothing new . Ask Bob Hannah . He did for both Glover and Bailey during his career. I agree it seems wrong but that's the way it goes in this sport.

|

4/29/2017 5:48 PM

He didn't pull over. He made a mistake and came in to hot on the corner and missed the rut Dungey passed. If there were team orders then why did Marvin pass Dungey in the first place. Marvin was pissed because he missed winning another race by making a mistake.

|

4/29/2017 5:50 PM

you guys should watch more Formula 1.

Shit like this happens all the time.

Never gamble on Motorsport when the results can be contrived by a man with a walky talky wink

|

4/29/2017 5:50 PM

spd721 wrote:

That was a bullshit move by Marv. No longer a fan of his due to that. Both him and Ryan should be docked points.

What was he supposed to do? Ignore a team order?

|

4/29/2017 5:54 PM

My head hurts after reading some of the bullshit here. I'm out, Vegas gonna be good.

|