RacerX link

From SX or MX or both??
|
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/20/2014 7:23am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 7:27am
MX nationals are not FIM.
I'd assume he can race AMA - MX Nationals.
Now if it was the GP's or even the MXoN - he would be suspended - both ran by the FIM.
SX is both an AMA championship & FIM championship.
Not sure how that will work out come January ,granted a suspension is still in place/effective?
Can only get AMA points if they allow him to line up?
No FIM points or maybe a full on suspension from the series in general.
Kryan5
6/20/2014 7:23am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 7:24am
Any what does this mean for the De Nations race? Thats an FIM race, right? No Villo, Dunge, or Stewart? Looking good for Europe again!
zippy895
6/20/2014 7:29am
ok,now its not so funny.
interesting how his career will proceed.

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/20/2014 7:30am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 7:32am
Kryan5 wrote:
Any what does this mean for the De Nations race? Thats an FIM race, right? No Villo, Dunge, or Stewart? Looking good for Europe again!
MX1 Canard,MX2 Baggett ,MX3 Weston or JG?
We're allowed 1 throwaway moto.
With that said,that's not a bad team.
They could get it done - granted they were all on their game and we had no bad luck.
logan_140
6/20/2014 7:30am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 7:33am
They fucked stew over just as he was turning it on come on not my rider but still that's supercross not nationals so how can they suspend him for muddy creek?!
Cygnus
6/20/2014 7:34am
logan_140 wrote:
They fucked stew over just as he was turning it on come on not my rider but still that's supercross not nationals so how can they...
They fucked stew over just as he was turning it on come on not my rider but still that's supercross not nationals so how can they suspend him for muddy creek?!

zippy895
6/20/2014 7:34am
once this news hits the likes of usa today or any mainstream feeds,its pretty much game over against the likes of wada/usada.
sounds like he is fucked.
Sandberm
6/20/2014 7:36am
It seems like the rules book should be clear on what the penalty is, also whether he can race IF he decides to appeal.

Dont they do that in baseball? A player tests positive late in the season, he appeals and thus his appeal process takes him through the playoffs where hes able to play, then he just sits out the the first 50 games of the next season.

So if your James, and MXSports is going to honor the rule process for sx, he can serve out his suspension during mx then be cleared for sx2015...depending of course on the length of the suspension.
woodsryder
Fantasy
3303rd
6/20/2014 7:38am
logan_140 wrote:
They fucked stew over just as he was turning it on come on not my rider but still that's supercross not nationals so how can they...
How exactly did they 'fuck Stewart over"? It is clearly in the rules that banned substances are not allowed, and with a prescription, a waiver must be submitted. It is the rider's responsibility to know what they are putting in their bodies. This falls solely on JS.
Lane-O103
6/20/2014 7:38am
Kryan5 wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
MX1 Canard,MX2 Baggett ,MX3 Weston or JG? We're allowed 1 throwaway moto. With that said,that's not a bad team. They could get it done - granted...
MX1 Canard,MX2 Baggett ,MX3 Weston or JG?
We're allowed 1 throwaway moto.
With that said,that's not a bad team.
They could get it done - granted they were all on their game and we had no bad luck.
Why wouldn't Dungey race MXoN?
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
6/20/2014 7:39am
He's still going to have to deal with the back lash from his team & sponsors. Failing a PED test in professional sports is taboo these days especially after baseball & Armstrong.

Who's to say hell even have a ride next weekend? Corparete sponsors don't want to sponsor an athlete that test positive for PEDs. It's not a good look. Well have to see how that plays out. I'm sure DCis going to have to make some kind of decision on this. Can't AMA suspend his pro card? Then he couldn't race.

What a mess. Sucks for our sport. This is why I didn't want testing. We are to small. One top guy fails & were down to 3 podium guys. We only have 5-7 A-listers, this isn't football where they have 250 A-listers.
JonnyDH84
6/20/2014 7:42am
Lot of bandwagon jumpers here the guy has stated that he has been prescribed the drugs for a long term illness think you all need to stop speculating until further info is released.
ehr400
6/20/2014 7:44am
I am still going to maintain what DV12 has said before, these things aren't going to make your lap times seconds faster, these dudes were/ are super fast regardless. If Weston or Hill took Adarral or something deemed a enhancer you honestly believe they would be challenging RV, Kenny, Dung, James? Hell no. Speed is speed (no pun intended) and PED's or whatever arent going to improve that.
logan_140
6/20/2014 7:45am
ehr400 wrote:
I am still going to maintain what DV12 has said before, these things aren't going to make your lap times seconds faster, these dudes were/ are...
I am still going to maintain what DV12 has said before, these things aren't going to make your lap times seconds faster, these dudes were/ are super fast regardless. If Weston or Hill took Adarral or something deemed a enhancer you honestly believe they would be challenging RV, Kenny, Dung, James? Hell no. Speed is speed (no pun intended) and PED's or whatever arent going to improve that.
Completely agree...
MT MX
6/20/2014 7:46am
logan_140 wrote:
woodsryder wrote:
How exactly did they 'fuck Stewart over"? It is clearly in the rules that banned substances are not allowed, and with a prescription, a waiver must...
How exactly did they 'fuck Stewart over"? It is clearly in the rules that banned substances are not allowed, and with a prescription, a waiver must be submitted. It is the rider's responsibility to know what they are putting in their bodies. This falls solely on JS.
I'm a big JS7 fan, but I'd have to agree with woodsryderon this one.
My only thoughts are did Yosh Suzuki know? did Mike Webb know? Rado? James Sr. & Sonja?
If I was the Stewart camp they've got 2 options - either appeal, or pull a RC/fuel issue and drop the mic.
Still a fan and always will be of James. What he's done on a motorcycle is amazing. I think this is the last chapter on his career though.
IceMan446
6/20/2014 7:46am
JonnyDH84 wrote:
Lot of bandwagon jumpers here the guy has stated that he has been prescribed the drugs for a long term illness think you all need to...
Lot of bandwagon jumpers here the guy has stated that he has been prescribed the drugs for a long term illness think you all need to stop speculating until further info is released.
+1

RedRum666
6/20/2014 7:50am
Key word is " provisionally" .... which is basically untill everything is sorted out....which I am sure it will be very soon.....they have to show some sort of rule enforcment.....until further notice.....
RandyS
6/20/2014 7:51am
The nationals are AMA sanctioned, AMA is the FIMs representative for the USA. The way it has worked in other sports a ban would cover AMA races also.
smeg
6/20/2014 7:56am
ehr400 wrote:
I am still going to maintain what DV12 has said before, these things aren't going to make your lap times seconds faster, these dudes were/ are...
Hmmmmm...... For literally years James has struggled with crashes while riding out front or all by himself a little further back. Those types of things are mental errors. All of the sudden they aren't happening. Curious!!!

Recently everyone has been talking about how JS is riding "more mature, not pushing and making the little mistakes". Those little mistakes are the exact kind of thing adderal would help with.... Curious!!!
P
6/20/2014 7:56am
RedRum666 wrote:
Key word is " provisionally" .... which is basically untill everything is sorted out....which I am sure it will be very soon.....they have to show some...
Key word is " provisionally" .... which is basically untill everything is sorted out....which I am sure it will be very soon.....they have to show some sort of rule enforcment.....until further notice.....
That's the key to the statement.

P
the_wood109
6/20/2014 7:57am
RedRum666 wrote:
Key word is " provisionally" .... which is basically untill everything is sorted out....which I am sure it will be very soon.....they have to show some...
In the case of a points series, it's basically a guilty verdict.

ehr400
I wonder if some other guys being quiet on this are worried. What I mean is that I remember James saying on Pulpmx before that once he retires he will write a book and you will be shocked on some of the things I have seen and heard. I wonder if he will say fuck it and start dropping peoples names or airing dirty laundry? Just speculation.
Sandberm
Some say its not going to trim anything off his lap times...but it doesnt have to. All it needs to do is help him maintain his focus to hit his lines better so he doesnt washout the front end or take the wrong rut a couple times during a race.

Look at his margin of victory in the 3 motos hes won this year.

Thunder Valley---1.9 seconds
Highpoint Moto 1---4.5 seconds
Highpoint Moto 2---.88 seconds

If he loses FOCUS two or three times during a 17 lap race that margin is erased.
JBlain619
6/20/2014 7:59am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 8:03am
DAMN!
It is only a suspension from FIM competition until further notice. I would be willing to bet that if the Sample B comes back positive and he indeed has a prescription, he will get a slap on the wrist in the form of a fine and time of suspension served. IMO, he will be on the line at Anaheim 1.

Now, my question is who in his camp dropped the ball??? I'm a control freak so I would know everything that rule book had to say when it came to testing after seeing what happened to Lance. James has a lot of folks around him and surely someone should have been tasked with knowing the ins and outs of the testing protocol.

I'm not a JS7 super fan by any means but too many mother fuckers on here are taking delight in him getting popped. He failed the test, now he has to face the consequence. Is it stupid??? Yea, absolutley but rules are rules. Everyone has to play by them. Should this define his career??? FUCK NO! The bottom line is the guy is a stud on the motorcycle and has changed the sport in many ways. This should not deminish his legacy in any way, shape, or form.
ehr400
6/20/2014 8:00am
Sandberm wrote:
Some say its not going to trim anything off his lap times...but it doesnt have to. All it needs to do is help him maintain his...
Some say its not going to trim anything off his lap times...but it doesnt have to. All it needs to do is help him maintain his focus to hit his lines better so he doesnt washout the front end or take the wrong rut a couple times during a race.

Look at his margin of victory in the 3 motos hes won this year.

Thunder Valley---1.9 seconds
Highpoint Moto 1---4.5 seconds
Highpoint Moto 2---.88 seconds

If he loses FOCUS two or three times during a 17 lap race that margin is erased.
That could be for any racer, so we can just forget his speed and what he has accomplished his whole career? not like the dude just showed up off the couch and is a cinderalla story.
akillerwombat
6/20/2014 8:05am
ehr400 wrote:
It might not turn a Weston into a Villo, but when two guys are at the same level (Villo & James) it will give an edge.

Post a reply to: Stewart suspended?

The Latest