Seattle Supercross - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

ProKawi24
Posts
2147
Joined
2/20/2018
Location
Herald, CA, USA
3/26/2022 4:34pm
ocscottie wrote:
Damn Chase, man we he goes down its always pretty hard.

Whats up fella's?
ProKawi24 wrote:
Hey bro how you doing? Get the chair fixed up yet? I just had to oil up the bearings on mine today.
ocscottie wrote:
Not yet, Spinergy is backed up and having a hard time with materials, should get new wheels soon though. Still kinda undecided on a chair, there...
Not yet, Spinergy is backed up and having a hard time with materials, should get new wheels soon though. Still kinda undecided on a chair, there is supposed to be a couple new Carbon Fiber chairs coming out soon, and im a CF whore!
I need to get a new one soon but I've been using the Quickie Q7 for the last 8 years but apparently it's been discontinued. I hate when they do that shit. Getting used to a new wheelchair model is like riding a different brand bike. I went to using hard tires a few years ago it's been awesome. Never need to fill them with air, rolls smooth, and super durable. If I can get a CF chair that would be fking awesome I love that stuff too.
4
TeamGreen
Posts
37728
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
3/26/2022 4:35pm
A Ray qualifying 14th.

That's gotta be the best he's ever qual'd?
1
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68046
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
3/26/2022 4:35pm
ocscottie wrote:
Not yet, Spinergy is backed up and having a hard time with materials, should get new wheels soon though. Still kinda undecided on a chair, there...
Not yet, Spinergy is backed up and having a hard time with materials, should get new wheels soon though. Still kinda undecided on a chair, there is supposed to be a couple new Carbon Fiber chairs coming out soon, and im a CF whore!
Check these guys out if you're looking for a carbon fiber chair.

Company out of Quebec. I've seen one in person. Really well made.

https://www.motioncomposites.com/en_us/products/rigid-wheelchairs/apex-c

Not sure where you're located in California, but there's several dealers that carry them.
2
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68046
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
3/26/2022 4:38pm
450 Combined Qualifying Times

2

The Shop

mica.lagross
Posts
138
Joined
11/8/2015
Location
Skowhegan, ME, USA
3/26/2022 4:41pm
Anyone else's PulpMX Fantasy picks not saving?
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
3/26/2022 4:41pm
ocscottie wrote:
Not yet, Spinergy is backed up and having a hard time with materials, should get new wheels soon though. Still kinda undecided on a chair, there...
Not yet, Spinergy is backed up and having a hard time with materials, should get new wheels soon though. Still kinda undecided on a chair, there is supposed to be a couple new Carbon Fiber chairs coming out soon, and im a CF whore!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Check these guys out if you're looking for a carbon fiber chair. Company out of Quebec. I've seen one in person. Really well made. https://www.motioncomposites.com/en_us/products/rigid-wheelchairs/apex-c Not...
Check these guys out if you're looking for a carbon fiber chair.

Company out of Quebec. I've seen one in person. Really well made.

https://www.motioncomposites.com/en_us/products/rigid-wheelchairs/apex-c

Not sure where you're located in California, but there's several dealers that carry them.
Thats what Ricky James has and the ambassador for them was my roommate in the hospital lol
3
Bill_Carroll
Posts
5081
Joined
9/15/2010
Location
Falcon, CO, USA
3/26/2022 4:42pm
SX weather tonight?
Sorry it's probably been posted
if anybody knows?
Thanks
jeffro503 wrote:
It's good now Bill , but they are calling for more rain coming in about 8pm. Not sure how much. Track is pretty dry , so...
It's good now Bill , but they are calling for more rain coming in about 8pm. Not sure how much. Track is pretty dry , so maybe it'll be just enough to make the track perfect.......or a quagmire. Silly
Thank-you Jeffro
Hope all is well Buddy?
ProKawi24
Posts
2147
Joined
2/20/2018
Location
Herald, CA, USA
3/26/2022 5:00pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Check these guys out if you're looking for a carbon fiber chair. Company out of Quebec. I've seen one in person. Really well made. https://www.motioncomposites.com/en_us/products/rigid-wheelchairs/apex-c Not...
Check these guys out if you're looking for a carbon fiber chair.

Company out of Quebec. I've seen one in person. Really well made.

https://www.motioncomposites.com/en_us/products/rigid-wheelchairs/apex-c

Not sure where you're located in California, but there's several dealers that carry them.
Sweet dude I'm gonna check them out. That chair looks awesome and I need a new one real soon. Looks like a dealer is only 20 min away from me. Not sure how much insurance will cover, usually anything "high performance" or lightweight they tell me isn't a necessity so they won't pay which is bs.
1
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
3/26/2022 5:08pm
Have you seen my CF chair? I have had it since 1996! Still get compliments on it today lol


9
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
3/26/2022 5:08pm
Oh and thats my cat Ty who passed aways a few years ago, raddest cat ever! Lived to be 19
8
CDA331
Posts
335
Joined
3/22/2022
Location
Coeur d’Alene, ID, USA
3/26/2022 5:14pm
TeamGreen wrote:
A Ray qualifying 14th.

That's gotta be the best he's ever qual'd?
Dude he was flying out here! Looked incredible. Big crash in practice so thankfully wasn’t hurt
2
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68046
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
3/26/2022 5:19pm
ocscottie wrote:
Have you seen my CF chair? I have had it since 1996! Still get compliments on it today lol [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/26/540358/s1200_chair2c.jpg[/img]
Have you seen my CF chair? I have had it since 1996! Still get compliments on it today lol


That chair still looks modern and your cat looks like my cat. Grinning 19 years old. Damn, he had long life.

I'm in a TiLite ZRA. Might get a new chair this year. I don't know yet. Have to look at my options.

Like ProKawi I also run solid tires. I was tired of getting flats all the time so I made the switch. I can't really complain about them. That said it seems like I could get the air filled one's to be firmer. Pro's and con's, I guess.
1
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
3/26/2022 5:21pm
What casters you guys running? My bro Dave from WAY WAY back said he switched to 4" soft rolls and they rip, Ive used roller blade wheels since forever.
ProKawi24
Posts
2147
Joined
2/20/2018
Location
Herald, CA, USA
3/26/2022 5:28pm
ocscottie wrote:
Have you seen my CF chair? I have had it since 1996! Still get compliments on it today lol [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/26/540358/s1200_chair2c.jpg[/img]
Have you seen my CF chair? I have had it since 1996! Still get compliments on it today lol


Damn dude that chair looks good! I still have to run regular spokes cus insurance won't pay for the upgraded lightweights. I might just pay outa pocket on the next one though.
ProKawi24
Posts
2147
Joined
2/20/2018
Location
Herald, CA, USA
3/26/2022 5:31pm
ocscottie wrote:
What casters you guys running? My bro Dave from WAY WAY back said he switched to 4" soft rolls and they rip, Ive used roller blade...
What casters you guys running? My bro Dave from WAY WAY back said he switched to 4" soft rolls and they rip, Ive used roller blade wheels since forever.
Yeah 4" soft rolls for me. I used to run the "Froggy Legs" years ago but they were heavy and the cushion they provided slowed me down too much. I just want the lightest chair possible that rolls the quickest, I don't care about a "smooth, comfortable" ride I just want less strain on my arms and something easier to load into my truck when I drive somewhere.
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68046
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
3/26/2022 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2022 5:36pm
ocscottie wrote:
What casters you guys running? My bro Dave from WAY WAY back said he switched to 4" soft rolls and they rip, Ive used roller blade...
What casters you guys running? My bro Dave from WAY WAY back said he switched to 4" soft rolls and they rip, Ive used roller blade wheels since forever.
4" soft roll. The only thing I don't like about my current setup is that it's a 2 sided fork so it's always getting full hair and other shit and constantly needs to be cleaned out.

The newer model is a one sided fork which I think would solve that problem.

Not my chair, but that's the 1 sided fork I'm talking about.

1
ProKawi24
Posts
2147
Joined
2/20/2018
Location
Herald, CA, USA
3/26/2022 5:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
4" soft roll. The only thing I don't like about my current setup is that it's a 2 sided fork so it's always getting full hair...
4" soft roll. The only thing I don't like about my current setup is that it's a 2 sided fork so it's always getting full hair and other shit and constantly needs to be cleaned out.

The newer model is a one sided fork which I think would solve that problem.

Not my chair, but that's the 1 sided fork I'm talking about.

Yeah I have to take apart/clean mine out every couple weeks, cat hair tends to grip to them like a magnet.
1
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
3/26/2022 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2022 5:42pm
ocscottie wrote:
What casters you guys running? My bro Dave from WAY WAY back said he switched to 4" soft rolls and they rip, Ive used roller blade...
What casters you guys running? My bro Dave from WAY WAY back said he switched to 4" soft rolls and they rip, Ive used roller blade wheels since forever.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
4" soft roll. The only thing I don't like about my current setup is that it's a 2 sided fork so it's always getting full hair...
4" soft roll. The only thing I don't like about my current setup is that it's a 2 sided fork so it's always getting full hair and other shit and constantly needs to be cleaned out.

The newer model is a one sided fork which I think would solve that problem.

Not my chair, but that's the 1 sided fork I'm talking about.

Thats the chair im looking at, Aero Z. No that is a ZRA lol

They make new caster bushings that dont trap the hair, I dont have them, but have seen them, I dig the one sided forks.
1
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68046
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
3/26/2022 5:49pm
ocscottie wrote:
Thats the chair im looking at, Aero Z. No that is a ZRA lol They make new caster bushings that dont trap the hair, I dont...
Thats the chair im looking at, Aero Z. No that is a ZRA lol

They make new caster bushings that dont trap the hair, I dont have them, but have seen them, I dig the one sided forks.
I like the 1 sided fork.

Just realized that the pic I posted looks like a "Lewis Hamilton" edition. Grinning
jemcee
Posts
12863
Joined
8/11/2008
Location
AU
3/26/2022 5:59pm
ocscottie wrote:
What casters you guys running? My bro Dave from WAY WAY back said he switched to 4" soft rolls and they rip, Ive used roller blade...
What casters you guys running? My bro Dave from WAY WAY back said he switched to 4" soft rolls and they rip, Ive used roller blade wheels since forever.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
4" soft roll. The only thing I don't like about my current setup is that it's a 2 sided fork so it's always getting full hair...
4" soft roll. The only thing I don't like about my current setup is that it's a 2 sided fork so it's always getting full hair and other shit and constantly needs to be cleaned out.

The newer model is a one sided fork which I think would solve that problem.

Not my chair, but that's the 1 sided fork I'm talking about.

ocscottie wrote:
Thats the chair im looking at, Aero Z. No that is a ZRA lol They make new caster bushings that dont trap the hair, I dont...
Thats the chair im looking at, Aero Z. No that is a ZRA lol

They make new caster bushings that dont trap the hair, I dont have them, but have seen them, I dig the one sided forks.
Thanks to the Australian tax payers and the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) I'm hopefully getting a ZRA titanium thing with the one sided forks but way less purple than that particular one haha Also my physio is trying to talk them into getting me one of these Batec Scrambler things which I trialed and was plenty skeptical of them before I had a go but they are the fucken goods should be able to get me around the farm a bit which will be awesome! It's got a Quad option where the whole handlebars push down for go and forward to brake

3
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
3/26/2022 6:05pm
Very nice JohnnyCunt! That thing would rip on the farm.
jemcee
Posts
12863
Joined
8/11/2008
Location
AU
3/26/2022 6:12pm
ocscottie wrote:
Very nice JohnnyCunt! That thing would rip on the farm.
Yeah it's got so much torque, loose or wet surfaces bring it unstuck but that's to be expected with it being front wheel drive but they say it'll do 30km/hr 20ish/mph on the road haha
1
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68046
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
3/26/2022 6:37pm
jemcee wrote:
Thanks to the Australian tax payers and the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) I'm hopefully getting a ZRA titanium thing with the one sided forks but...
Thanks to the Australian tax payers and the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) I'm hopefully getting a ZRA titanium thing with the one sided forks but way less purple than that particular one haha Also my physio is trying to talk them into getting me one of these Batec Scrambler things which I trialed and was plenty skeptical of them before I had a go but they are the fucken goods should be able to get me around the farm a bit which will be awesome! It's got a Quad option where the whole handlebars push down for go and forward to brake

Looks similar to this setup. You can get it with dual suspension in the back.



https://youtu.be/ZwUwvRrkUFY

Look into NotaWheelchair if you haven’t already.
1
jemcee
Posts
12863
Joined
8/11/2008
Location
AU
3/26/2022 6:45pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Looks similar to this setup. You can get it with dual suspension in the back. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/26/540398/s1200_TrackZion_1.jpg[/img] https://youtu.be/ZwUwvRrkUFY Look into [url=https://notawheelchair.com/][b]NotaWheelchair[/b][/url] if you haven’t already.
Looks similar to this setup. You can get it with dual suspension in the back.



https://youtu.be/ZwUwvRrkUFY

Look into NotaWheelchair if you haven’t already.
Yeah the one I'm getting looks a little easier to hook up haha but that one looks a little more serious and can get you a little closer to back to the glory days! haha
1
Zycki11
Posts
7912
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Edwardsville, IL, USA
3/26/2022 6:57pm
Wow you learn something new everyday. Ocscottie and Mav....... I didn't know you guys were in chairs, I am new to it all being injured in march of 2020
3/26/2022 7:05pm
ocscottie wrote:
Have you seen my CF chair? I have had it since 1996! Still get compliments on it today lol [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/26/540358/s1200_chair2c.jpg[/img]
Have you seen my CF chair? I have had it since 1996! Still get compliments on it today lol


Big bucks back in 96 no doubt?
1
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68046
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
3/26/2022 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2022 7:07pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Wow you learn something new everyday. Ocscottie and Mav....... I didn't know you guys were in chairs, I am new to it all being injured in...
Wow you learn something new everyday. Ocscottie and Mav....... I didn't know you guys were in chairs, I am new to it all being injured in march of 2020
Yeah, there's quite a few of us on here in wheelchairs. Me, OCScottie, ProKawi, Jemcee, and I know there's more. I know there's one that goes by HandicapMX as well.
Zycki11
Posts
7912
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Edwardsville, IL, USA
3/26/2022 7:09pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Wow you learn something new everyday. Ocscottie and Mav....... I didn't know you guys were in chairs, I am new to it all being injured in...
Wow you learn something new everyday. Ocscottie and Mav....... I didn't know you guys were in chairs, I am new to it all being injured in march of 2020
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, there's quite a few of us on here in wheelchairs. Me, OCScottie, ProKawi, Jemcee, and I know there's more. I know there's one that goes...
Yeah, there's quite a few of us on here in wheelchairs. Me, OCScottie, ProKawi, Jemcee, and I know there's more. I know there's one that goes by HandicapMX as well.
I may have to pick your brain on some things sometime. Sad to see so many of us
1
BM124
Posts
41
Joined
2/10/2018
Location
Dawson City, YT, CA
3/26/2022 7:49pm
I love barcia's style on a bike, it'd be sick to see an edit in the hills.

Post a reply to: Seattle Supercross - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

The Latest