Rv Racerx Interview

put_chug
12/5/2013 9:27am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2013 1:32pm
What do you guys think about his attitude? I think he is a total tool and comes off as a douche. I hope JS7 and CR22 walk all over his ass this season.
"Where I’m at in my career its kind of straight business. I do my work and go home. The last thing I want to do is sit my ass on the seat longer than I really have to."

http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/12/04/between-the-motos-ryan-villopoto
|
hvaughn88
12/5/2013 9:31am
put_chug wrote:
What do you guys think about his attitude? I think he is a total tool and comes off as a douche. I hope JS7 and CR22...
What do you guys think about his attitude? I think he is a total tool and comes off as a douche. I hope JS7 and CR22 walk all over his ass this season.
"Where I’m at in my career its kind of straight business. I do my work and go home. The last thing I want to do is sit my ass on the seat longer than I really have to."

From a fan's viewpoint, it's probably hard to imaging having that attitude about riding. But I'm gonna give RV the benefit of the doubt and say that I'm sure it definitely feels like a job at this point. I doubt aldon's program is just loads of fun everyday, haha. To answer your question, I didn't think he came of like a tool or a douche.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/5/2013 9:33am
put_chug wrote:
What do you guys think about his attitude? I think he is a total tool and comes off as a douche. I hope JS7 and CR22...

Describe how you feel about your work.
peelout
12/5/2013 9:35am
i think you're a total tool and come off as a douche, ButtChug

he was having an interview conversation with Steve Matthes, a dude that he is always messing around with.

fact: he has won 3 straight SX Championships. why the fuck wouldn't he think he has everyone covered? last year he won 10 of 17 mains, that deserves a little arrogance in my eyes.

JS7 and CR aren't going to do any walking on Villopoto, no way no how. i hope they finish the season well, but it's just not going to happen.
MXD
12/5/2013 9:35am
put_chug wrote:

GuyB wrote:
I feel about the same as RV does except I'm not the best at what I do so I have to keep it quiet. Laughing

The Shop

put_chug
12/5/2013 9:36am
put_chug wrote:

GuyB wrote:
I sense that someone is looking for an RV interview or photo shoot in the near future?
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
12/5/2013 9:37am
I think you are taking his interview a little too serious.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
12/5/2013 9:42am
I think he was honest and basically sounded like he struggles with burnout and it's a nice refresher to have someone like Kenny around.

Makes sense to me.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/5/2013 9:43am
put_chug wrote:
I sense that someone is looking for an RV interview or photo shoot in the near future?
I sense that you're a smart-ass noob who has little idea of how things work.

I don't get all giddy trying to hunt up an interview. I talk to the guys I need to talk to, and post it up for you guys to enjoy. I'll guarantee that I'll have no shortage of opportunities to talk to RV during the upcoming Supercross and outdoor seasons.

I'd ask again for you to describe how you feel about your work, but peeking behind the curtain, I see that you're running a .edu email address.
FlaNard
12/5/2013 9:43am
Ive said it before (because these comments aren't really anything new from RV) that it somehow makes it MORE badass for me that a guy basically comes in and says "This is just a job for me and I'll still hand you your ass and retire with tons of records and of all the money. I'll be one of the best to ever do it and then I'll hardly ever touch a bike again." He is honest which is usually considered a good thing.
hvaughn88
12/5/2013 9:44am
put_chug wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I sense that you're a smart-ass noob who has little idea of how things work. I don't get all giddy trying to hunt up an interview...

I don't get all giddy trying to hunt up an interview. I talk to the guys I need to talk to, and post it up for you guys to enjoy. I'll guarantee that I'll have no shortage of opportunities to talk to RV during the upcoming Supercross and outdoor seasons.

I'd ask again for you to describe how you feel about your work, but peeking behind the curtain, I see that you're running a .edu email address.
Damn! and as they say on the Dan Patrick Show - "that's a walk-off!"
MXD
12/5/2013 9:46am
I just went and read the interview again, I think you totally took what he said out of context (which is strange to me because that never happens on a message board......weird). I took it more like RV has been so focused on work that he has grown a bit tired of that mentality and KR being young and enthusiastic is nice because they need some of that around the camp. Here it is:

So how’s that working out so far?
He fits in good. It’s fun to have him around. He’s young. I thought he was a little older than he is. We don’t have a huge age difference but he is 19. He’s fun. He’s all over the place. He’s fun to have around. Where I’m at in my career its kind of straight business. I do my work and go home. The last thing I want to do is sit my ass on the seat longer than I really have to. And he’s out there doing whips and playing around. So it’s good to have him around and try to bring some of that back.
JM485
12/5/2013 9:52am
Man, some of you guys have no sense of humor whatsoever. You wonder why these guys sound like robots on the podium, and then the second one of them give a real interview, BAM! They are a douche, are no fun, and must be a horrible person because of what they said in a single interview. Seriously? If I was a rider, I would probably never give an honest interview either, because there is always some idiot ready to be butt hurt that they didn't like what I had to say. Mathes has said many times he and RV like to joke around, so before you go slamming a rider for having a little fun in an interview, maybe you should know a little background information.
englishman
12/5/2013 10:01am
Anyone who knows, knows why he'd make the comment re the seat time.
put_chug
12/5/2013 10:06am
put_chug wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I sense that you're a smart-ass noob who has little idea of how things work. I don't get all giddy trying to hunt up an interview...

How do I feel about my job? It is a job and it pays good lol but I am not getting paid millions of dollars to ride a dirtbike. As for the edu email address, it is bad to have went to college? I am not basing my "OPINION" off of the one comment I quoted. I mean the dude shit on the people that got him to where he is today. I just expressed my "opinion" and asked what you people thought. If you do not agree with my opinion it is cool that is why we all have our own "OPINIONS".
12/5/2013 10:07am
Sometimes when you listen to an interview it comes across different than same interview in print.

I learned this lesson years ago with email, and again with social media.
englishman
12/5/2013 10:12am
put_chug wrote:
How do I feel about my job? It is a job and it pays good lol but I am not getting paid millions of dollars to...
How do I feel about my job? It is a job and it pays good lol but I am not getting paid millions of dollars to ride a dirtbike. As for the edu email address, it is bad to have went to college? I am not basing my "OPINION" off of the one comment I quoted. I mean the dude shit on the people that got him to where he is today. I just expressed my "opinion" and asked what you people thought. If you do not agree with my opinion it is cool that is why we all have our own "OPINIONS".
Interested to know why you think he "shit" on the people that got him to where he is ?

I'm thinking if you knew the "backstory" you would understand why he's not overly enamoured with his job.
Jakes Dad
12/5/2013 10:13am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2013 10:14am
Apparently some don't know the relationship between those two, ever listen to them on his podcast funny shit for sure! Take it as 2 buddies (well sort of) talking and not a press release, and yeah pull your panties out of your crack.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/5/2013 10:14am
put_chug wrote:
How do I feel about my job? It is a job and it pays good lol but I am not getting paid millions of dollars to...
Your opinion is your opinion. But you also tried throwing in a little diss at me. That's different. Smile

Lots of people bemoan that the riders don't make enough money, but we're also going to complain about the guys who are getting paid?

There's a huge risk for any of these guys. I'm not going to begrudge anyone who makes bank. If they're getting paid like that, it's because a company (or companies) think the rider is worth it. Over the last half-dozen years, I'd say he's more than proved his worth.
put_chug
12/5/2013 10:25am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2013 10:26am
I agree he has proved his worth with results I was judging his personality. I "tried throwing a dis" at you because I felt your first comment toward my post was a smart ass one. Rather than saying you agree or disagree with my opinion and stating why you chose to compare my day job to that of a multi million dollar professional dirt bike racer.
Edit: meant to quote your last post GuyB
jmx411
12/5/2013 10:30am
Im interested to see if the new young wave of riders like Roczen, Barcia, Tomac are going to have a "changing of the guard' moment this year. Is RV going to continue to dominate or is the new guys going to step it up another notch?

I can't wait for this season to start. I just hope the TC and Millsaps injuries aren't a sign of things to come this year.
put_chug
12/5/2013 10:38am
I say Roczen will be the one on top when it comes to the new riders. I hope it is the two veterans, JS and CR that dethrone RV. I would really like to see them two finish their careers on top like they started, just like Peyton Manning is doing now.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/5/2013 10:45am
put_chug wrote:
I agree he has proved his worth with results I was judging his personality. I "tried throwing a dis" at you because I felt your first...
I agree he has proved his worth with results I was judging his personality. I "tried throwing a dis" at you because I felt your first comment toward my post was a smart ass one. Rather than saying you agree or disagree with my opinion and stating why you chose to compare my day job to that of a multi million dollar professional dirt bike racer.
Apparently I wasn't the only one who took offense at your first post. Smile
zook11
12/5/2013 10:51am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2013 11:03am
Put_chug = Moran Smile

RV is making a big mistake by not doing any testing in Cali. IMO he will struggle on the west coast rounds.
put_chug
12/5/2013 10:53am
put_chug wrote:
I agree he has proved his worth with results I was judging his personality. I "tried throwing a dis" at you because I felt your first...
GuyB wrote:
Really? You took offense to someone bagging on Ryan Villopoto?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/5/2013 10:55am
put_chug wrote:
GuyB wrote:
put_chug wrote:
Nicely twisted.
put_chug
12/5/2013 11:06am
GuyB wrote:
put_chug wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Nicely twisted.
I am sure he appreciates you guys having his back.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/5/2013 11:09am
put_chug wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Nicely twisted.
put_chug wrote:
I am sure he appreciates you guys having his back.
No, I took offense to you being a noob fucktard.
IWreckALot
12/5/2013 11:13am
zook11 wrote:
Put_chug = Moran Smile

RV is making a big mistake by not doing any testing in Cali. IMO he will struggle on the west coast rounds.
What's in Cali that he can't replicate in Florida?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/5/2013 11:17am
IWreckALot wrote:
Hardpack.
IWreckALot
12/5/2013 11:22am
IWreckALot wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Hardpack.
Fair enough. I guess I'm a bit spoiled in Texas. I'm within an hour or two's drive of whatever terrain I want.

Post a reply to: Rv Racerx Interview

The Latest