Premix 2

Related:
Create New Tag

5/29/2017 6:35 AM

I couldnt find any thread about this here so hopefully im not reuploading anything. Seven MX posted this video of Malcolm riding his 2-stroke at Zaca, that we also got a peak of on Axell Hodges instagram. But this one has the #premix2 at the end. Might be old news, i dont know..

Anyway, if you know about any other small clips like this where we can get ideas of what/who we can expect in premix 2, please share.
Seven MX

|

12/5/2017 6:22 AM

The movie should drop today, i'm still waiting.

|

12/5/2017 8:17 AM

it's available at Vimeo now!

|

12/5/2017 8:23 AM

Also available on ITunes

|

12/5/2017 9:36 AM

Sooo....

Thoughts about Premix 2? Philty Phils segment was comfortably the best.

|

12/5/2017 4:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2017 4:31 PM

Motofinne wrote:

Sooo....

Thoughts about Premix 2? Philty Phils segment was comfortably the best.

I Didn’t enjoy the movie at all. The advertising/commercials during the movie is total BS...
Sound goes and high low through the movie... some shots look like they are on a iPhone then the next shot is a 4K camera.

|

12/5/2017 4:51 PM

The advertising was uncalled for. I paid for the movie to see some fast guys ride two strokes, not to watch ads.

|

12/5/2017 6:37 PM

Millerrr973 wrote:

The advertising was uncalled for. I paid for the movie to see some fast guys ride two strokes, not to watch ads.

And they have to get funding to make a film somehow...from sponsors.

It was meh at best. Phil's segment was up there but man we really needed more shots of Slay doing nose wheelies down that box from about 5 more angles. That would have made it legendary.

|

12/5/2017 6:59 PM

Millerrr973 wrote:

StretchASU wrote:

It was meh at best. Phil's segment was up there but man we really needed more shots of Slay doing nose wheelies down that box from about 5 more angles. That would have made it legendary.

Haven't watched, so can't comment on how bad they are, but are they selling the movie?

That's usually how costs are covered and profit made when filming...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/5/2017 11:37 PM

Just finished watching it, purchased through Vimeo, really enjoyed it. Adverts did not worry me they were short.

|

12/6/2017 12:40 AM

Millerrr973 wrote:

StretchASU wrote:

People pay for the movie... That's how they get their funding back. If not, they're bad at budgeting.

Totally uncalled for putting ads in the middle of paid content. Surely there are more clever and artistic ways to get them in without distracting you from the actual movie.

|

12/6/2017 5:01 AM

Pretty disappointed. Everything was filmed out west and looks Bla at best. Very few close up's of the pipes, nuts, and bolts that make up these machines. Phil's part was absolutely awesome and the JGR track looked MINT. The sound was not consistent at all..almost like the version that got released to Apple wasnt sent through quality control.

|

12/6/2017 5:24 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Pretty disappointed. Everything was filmed out west and looks Bla at best. Very few close up's of the pipes, nuts, and bolts that make up these machines. Phil's part was absolutely awesome and the JGR track looked MINT. The sound was not consistent at all..almost like the version that got released to Apple wasnt sent through quality control.

The biggest minus that i'm going to give Premix 2 is exactly what you mention. The environment/tracks were so similar in lots of segments. Way too much SoCal.

Like i mentioned, Philty Phils segment was comfortably the best.

Overall i think Premix 1 was better. But i hope they keep doing these, maybe do some parts outside US?

|

12/6/2017 8:11 AM

I prefer few 20 secondes add in the middle than 8 minutes at the beginning. You have the pay the bills. Premix1 was a better but the second one still worth paying for it.

|

12/6/2017 8:17 AM

Compared to the Original Premix, it wasn't up to snuff. The adverts annoyed me as well considering that I paid for the movie. Money is better spend on Moto 9 than this one.

|

12/6/2017 1:22 PM

I’d have to agree.

Usually when you pay for anything it’s to be ad less.
Sound pops in & out at times.

I thought it wasn’t connection but quality is also all over the place

|

12/6/2017 1:51 PM

281moto wrote:

Compared to the Original Premix, it wasn't up to snuff. The adverts annoyed me as well considering that I paid for the movie. Money is better spend on Moto 9 than this one.

Yeah dude, can not disagree, as much as I want to for the love of two strokes. For $13 I was not expecting this new form of advertisement and also expected there to actually be a substantial amount of unseen footage, which there was not that much of.

|

12/6/2017 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2017 2:02 PM

It was pretty good to watch. Would like to see a lot more free riding instead of track riding. I liked the smoking section with Durham and Berreman. That would be really good to have a lot of those sections on Premix movies. Also some sx riding would be good as well. I thought it was well worth the 13.00. Definantly something different and was happy to pay for it.

|

12/6/2017 3:05 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about snowmobiles and mortgage lending.

|

12/6/2017 11:49 PM

No Honda’s...not a fan of it

|

12/7/2017 2:28 AM

Couldn't care less about the adverts. They were for moto stuff and it puts money back into the industry then so be it.

Cali tracks in the middle of what looked like a drought don't make for austhetically pleasing viewing however.

|

12/7/2017 2:41 AM

I bought the first one from Vimeo, I won't bother buying the second one.

Massive lost opportunity. The film was more of a 'freestyle' shoot than moto. One rider at a time on track, making as much noise as possible and throwing whips- that's it?? It needed all those guys together at once. Should've covered some race action from the 125 dream race, or Stank, or Sleepy Hollow.
Show the bikes- CLOSE ups. That's what we're all fans of right? Give a tour of a two stroke race shop. Keep it interesting. Once you've watched Deano over rev a 150 round a sandy berm, you've seen it and no need for a repeat. Why can't anyone recreate something similar to the first Great Outdoors?

|

12/7/2017 3:08 AM

Wasn't the best, wasn't the worst though.

Mookie and Phil's sections were cool and they were genuinely getting after it.

Agree about the cali tracks being a bit blown out looking, but on the other hand they're in a vid every other week so seing it again wasn't that different. I haven't seen loads of riding from Zaca or JGR I guess but definitely wouldn't care because they have some primo dirt.

Biggest thing for me was I watched it with headphones after finishing work late at night. Holy fuck the sound mix was awful. No flow is one thing, but fuck, what about the volume spikes?!

Still good, still bought it, will buy the next one because two strokes FTW and they don't make em if we don't watch em...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/7/2017 7:25 AM

Personally I think the Transworld Movies are not up to the standards of movies like the Moto series or even chasing the storm. I have never been a fan of the kickstart or premix series.

|