Pourcel

DrSweden
Posts
6761
Joined
8/30/2008
Location
Stockholm, SE
2/15/2011 2:07pm
Mikep147 wrote:
Last i heard from last weeks Podcast was he was coming back to Cali for Outdoor training and the TLD Honda team was thrown out there...
Last i heard from last weeks Podcast was he was coming back to Cali for Outdoor training and the TLD Honda team was thrown out there as a possible 450 ride for this summer but no bike or team has been announced as of yet.
That would be SOO COOL! Still sux for me since I have to buy a CRF and pimp it with TLD graphics and shit...
Sunhouse
Posts
3673
Joined
3/2/2009
Location
NO
2/15/2011 2:20pm
Mikep147 wrote:
Last i heard from last weeks Podcast was he was coming back to Cali for Outdoor training and the TLD Honda team was thrown out there...
Last i heard from last weeks Podcast was he was coming back to Cali for Outdoor training and the TLD Honda team was thrown out there as a possible 450 ride for this summer but no bike or team has been announced as of yet.
DrSweden wrote:
That would be SOO COOL! Still sux for me since I have to buy a CRF and pimp it with TLD graphics and shit...
CP shouln´t have to ride anything else but a factory bike. Riding a privateer bike would be an insult to his talent and speed IMO
2/15/2011 2:24pm
Mikep147 wrote:
Last i heard from last weeks Podcast was he was coming back to Cali for Outdoor training and the TLD Honda team was thrown out there...
Last i heard from last weeks Podcast was he was coming back to Cali for Outdoor training and the TLD Honda team was thrown out there as a possible 450 ride for this summer but no bike or team has been announced as of yet.
DrSweden wrote:
That would be SOO COOL! Still sux for me since I have to buy a CRF and pimp it with TLD graphics and shit...
Sunhouse wrote:
CP shouln´t have to ride anything else but a factory bike. Riding a privateer bike would be an insult to his talent and speed IMO
Only an insult if he takes it as an insult. I honestly don't think we will see CP back this year at all. He's fooling himself if he thinks the same teams that would not pay his insane salary he was demanding for supercross will pay it for the nationals - will not happen.

Unless he drastically lowers his expectations he'll be watching the nationals from his couch as well.
DrSweden
Posts
6761
Joined
8/30/2008
Location
Stockholm, SE
2/15/2011 2:24pm
jamma10 wrote:
Mitch Payton (after A1 2011): "The whole time he rode for me he never rode a 250 during the week, either year. He rode a 450...
Mitch Payton (after A1 2011):

"The whole time he rode for me he never rode a 250 during the week, either year. He rode a 450 constantly and then he would go out to Perris Raceway and ride with the 450 guys and he could either match or beat their times and I believe that if he'd been riding this weekend he would have been right in the mix."

At the end of Mitch Paytons interview, about 1/3rd of the way through this pulp mx podcast:
http://www.pulpmx.com/sites/default/files/110110_pulpmxshow_payton_cana…
Damn, Mitch seems to have much respect for CP which should be an indicator for the haters...

The Shop

Sunhouse
Posts
3673
Joined
3/2/2009
Location
NO
2/15/2011 2:27pm
DrSweden wrote:
That would be SOO COOL! Still sux for me since I have to buy a CRF and pimp it with TLD graphics and shit...
Sunhouse wrote:
CP shouln´t have to ride anything else but a factory bike. Riding a privateer bike would be an insult to his talent and speed IMO
TriRacer27 wrote:
Only an insult if he takes it as an insult. I honestly don't think we will see CP back this year at all. He's fooling himself...
Only an insult if he takes it as an insult. I honestly don't think we will see CP back this year at all. He's fooling himself if he thinks the same teams that would not pay his insane salary he was demanding for supercross will pay it for the nationals - will not happen.

Unless he drastically lowers his expectations he'll be watching the nationals from his couch as well.
The people who know him has explained time and time again what they believe is the reason behind the "greed". The time off during SX might do him well (and less "greedy").
2/15/2011 2:31pm
Sunhouse wrote:
CP shouln´t have to ride anything else but a factory bike. Riding a privateer bike would be an insult to his talent and speed IMO
TriRacer27 wrote:
Only an insult if he takes it as an insult. I honestly don't think we will see CP back this year at all. He's fooling himself...
Only an insult if he takes it as an insult. I honestly don't think we will see CP back this year at all. He's fooling himself if he thinks the same teams that would not pay his insane salary he was demanding for supercross will pay it for the nationals - will not happen.

Unless he drastically lowers his expectations he'll be watching the nationals from his couch as well.
Sunhouse wrote:
The people who know him has explained time and time again what they believe is the reason behind the "greed". The time off during SX might...
The people who know him has explained time and time again what they believe is the reason behind the "greed". The time off during SX might do him well (and less "greedy").
I'm sure lots of people understand his reasoning, and no one is forcing him to race for an amount less than he believes he is worth. What I'm saying is that if he hasn't changed that amount in his head we wont be seeing him in the outdoors either.
Sunhouse
Posts
3673
Joined
3/2/2009
Location
NO
2/15/2011 2:51pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Only an insult if he takes it as an insult. I honestly don't think we will see CP back this year at all. He's fooling himself...
Only an insult if he takes it as an insult. I honestly don't think we will see CP back this year at all. He's fooling himself if he thinks the same teams that would not pay his insane salary he was demanding for supercross will pay it for the nationals - will not happen.

Unless he drastically lowers his expectations he'll be watching the nationals from his couch as well.
Sunhouse wrote:
The people who know him has explained time and time again what they believe is the reason behind the "greed". The time off during SX might...
The people who know him has explained time and time again what they believe is the reason behind the "greed". The time off during SX might do him well (and less "greedy").
TriRacer27 wrote:
I'm sure lots of people understand his reasoning, and no one is forcing him to race for an amount less than he believes he is worth...
I'm sure lots of people understand his reasoning, and no one is forcing him to race for an amount less than he believes he is worth. What I'm saying is that if he hasn't changed that amount in his head we wont be seeing him in the outdoors either.
I doubt the amount in itself will hold him back if he wants to ride. atm he probably doesn´t want to. I doubt he´ll demand much to do the outdoors if he is healthy that is
FlaNard
Posts
3620
Joined
10/13/2009
Location
Layton, UT, USA
2/15/2011 3:44pm
jmar wrote:
I have been out of the loop for a while now, and I understand that KR supposedly trained on the 350, but I can assure you...
I have been out of the loop for a while now, and I understand that KR supposedly trained on the 350, but I can assure you this was not a common practice while I was involved in racing at this level.

Are you sure this fact or just speculation. Training on a 450 would make a lites rider a little lazy.
FastEddy wrote:
CP practiced on a 450 during the week. Even Barcia's Mom said once they got word of it ,Justin started doing it also... (This happened right...
CP practiced on a 450 during the week.

Even Barcia's Mom said once they got word of it ,Justin started doing it also...
(This happened right after he left MTF and started working with Gary Bailey.)

With that said,other guys are more then likely following suit.
jmar wrote:
I could see a privateer doing this, because of the cost to put major hours on the 250f, but for a factory supported rider to do...
I could see a privateer doing this, because of the cost to put major hours on the 250f, but for a factory supported rider to do this makes no sense.
Pourcel did. So did James.
FlaNard
Posts
3620
Joined
10/13/2009
Location
Layton, UT, USA
2/15/2011 3:45pm
FastEddy wrote:
CP practiced on a 450 during the week. Even Barcia's Mom said once they got word of it ,Justin started doing it also... (This happened right...
CP practiced on a 450 during the week.

Even Barcia's Mom said once they got word of it ,Justin started doing it also...
(This happened right after he left MTF and started working with Gary Bailey.)

With that said,other guys are more then likely following suit.
jmar wrote:
I could see a privateer doing this, because of the cost to put major hours on the 250f, but for a factory supported rider to do...
I could see a privateer doing this, because of the cost to put major hours on the 250f, but for a factory supported rider to do this makes no sense.
jamma10 wrote:
Mitch Payton (after A1 2011): "The whole time he rode for me he never rode a 250 during the week, either year. He rode a 450...
Mitch Payton (after A1 2011):

"The whole time he rode for me he never rode a 250 during the week, either year. He rode a 450 constantly and then he would go out to Perris Raceway and ride with the 450 guys and he could either match or beat their times and I believe that if he'd been riding this weekend he would have been right in the mix."

At the end of Mitch Paytons interview, about 1/3rd of the way through this pulp mx podcast:
http://www.pulpmx.com/sites/default/files/110110_pulpmxshow_payton_cana…
Well there ya go.

Post a reply to: Pourcel

The Latest