Post race interviews.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2018 5:29 PM

Just wondering if anyone else think its stupid they shove a microphone in the winners face seconds after they come off the track. I feel like some guys might give a better interveiw on the podium when they've had a minute to catch there breath. Just feel like the shoyld let them catch their breath gather their thoughts an then do it.

|

4/28/2018 5:31 PM

I've never though about it but I would have to agree

|

4/28/2018 5:32 PM

TV time constraints has a lot to do with it.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/28/2018 5:34 PM

I actually like it that way. We get more raw emotion before they have a minute to think of the typical cookie cutter answers

|

4/28/2018 5:34 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

TV time constraints has a lot to do with it.

bingo...

|

4/28/2018 5:38 PM

Radman66 wrote:

I actually like it that way. We get more raw emotion before they have a minute to think of the typical cookie cutter answers

This. I think that’s what the producers are looking for too.

|

4/28/2018 5:44 PM

They did the interview with the winner on the podium for decades. As mentioned above, I believe they moved to the “on the floor” interview to try to capture more raw emotion before they have a few minutes to compose themselves.

|

4/28/2018 6:30 PM

Radman66 wrote:

GoonSquad250x wrote:

This. I think that’s what the producers are looking for too.

Exactly. Picture the type of reaction you get on the floor versus your podium speeches from 6 years ago.

It used to just be listing off the words in your mechanics pit board. At least this way they have to do a bit of improv.

|

4/28/2018 6:43 PM

So NASCAR can delay the showing of "our" race to do interviews and commentary, but we only get the interview of the winner because time ran out?

|

4/28/2018 8:40 PM

yak651 wrote:

So NASCAR can delay the showing of "our" race to do interviews and commentary, but we only get the interview of the winner ...more

Was my thought exactly

|

4/28/2018 8:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2018 8:53 PM

Erin Bates - "James what happened out there?"
James Stewart - "I crashed"
Erin Bates - "well there you have it, back to you Ralph"

|

4/28/2018 8:58 PM

Chicks dig dudes with big gobs of dirt and spit in their teeth.

|

4/29/2018 2:39 AM

it's dumb. I think they should do like a motogp style of parc ferme and should get the interviews there once they are cleand up a bit and had a chance to take a view deep breaths.

|

4/29/2018 3:07 AM

yak651 wrote:

So NASCAR can delay the showing of "our" race to do interviews and commentary, but we only get the interview of the winner ...more

Omg I was about to throw my tv out through the wall. They spent 20 minutes circlejerking around after the race was already over.

|

4/29/2018 4:34 AM

I like it.

And...they do have the post race presser for those of you they need to see the rider all cleaned up and presentable.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

4/29/2018 5:04 AM

So we know Savagty was frustrated. he said it 6 times.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

4/29/2018 5:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 5:26 AM

I dunno, Seems like a good ideasmile

|

Power is nothing without control