Poor RC4!!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2019 4:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2019 5:19 PM

They say you always have to take the good with the bad. Yes, he’s considered the GOAT, BUT at what price?

In 2001 when he beat Jeremy, everyone hated him for dethroning the King. Then in 2002 he pulled the being lowered down in a “King” outfit which was WAY to soon and got boo’d even harder. Same year he takes out Pastrana at Indy and hits rock bottom with the SX fans.

2003 in comes Chad Reed who starts beating RC4 and wins the last 6-7 rounds of SX and everyone is cheering because he’s kicking the guys ass that kicked MC’s ass.

2004 No SX
2005 Everyone was clearly wanting JS7 to win.
2006 RC whines and cry’s over a fuel penalty and threatens to pick up his ball and go home, so he gets his points back.
2007 - Limited schedule and retires....

In MX it was a little different. He had way more fans outdoors, but when it comes to SX, I don’t think he ever experienced/received the love that MC, CR, JS7, RV, Dungey and Tomac have received. I never really thought about it until today watching the 90’s were cooler video where they completely throw RC under the bus and say “He ruined SX/MX.”

Side Note: I love RC4 and wish we still had him out there, but the guy really did have rough time outside of the winning in SX.


|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

9/18/2019 4:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2019 4:32 PM

Whatever you just said up there makes absolutely no fucking sense. It is literally unintelligible.

|

9/18/2019 4:42 PM

Ahhhh.. the sweet smell of vital in the off season

|

9/18/2019 4:49 PM

I think he was saying Ricky never had it

But he did have it

And

Ricky Carmichael has still got it..

Someone should start a topic called

Ricky Carmichael has still got it..

The off season certainly keeps me entertained during the slow days at work

|

9/18/2019 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2019 4:55 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Whatever you just said up there makes absolutely no fucking sense. It is literally unintelligible.

Yeah, ok. You must be 20 years old. He never had the love in SX like the others. In MX he did, but not in SX.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

9/18/2019 4:56 PM

That's enough internet for today.

|

9/18/2019 5:01 PM

Oh man... I just can't.

3rd all time in SX wins and 2nd all time in championships. Such a rough time he had.....

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

9/18/2019 5:17 PM

Press516 wrote:

Oh man... I just can't.

3rd all time in SX wins and 2nd all time in championships. Such a rough time he had.....

I’m not talking about his winning. I’m talking purely on “fan love.”

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

9/18/2019 5:39 PM

I have a feeling RC didn't lose any sleep on any of that.

|

9/18/2019 5:43 PM

He still cashed all those checks. I think he'll be fine.

|

9/18/2019 5:58 PM

Press516 wrote:

Oh man... I just can't.

3rd all time in SX wins and 2nd all time in championships. Such a rough time he had.....

Racer111 wrote:

I’m not talking about his winning. I’m talking purely on “fan love.”

I hear ya. He really didn’t get the love from fans in supercross. Kind of a victim-of-circumstance in his premier supercross years.

|

9/18/2019 6:06 PM

Press516 wrote:

Oh man... I just can't.

3rd all time in SX wins and 2nd all time in championships. Such a rough time he had.....

Racer111 wrote:

I’m not talking about his winning. I’m talking purely on “fan love.”

CG118 wrote:

I hear ya. He really didn’t get the love from fans in supercross. Kind of a victim-of-circumstance in his premier supercross years.

Exactly! Finally someone else realizes it knows what I’m talking about. I love RC. He peaked and ended the McGrath Era and then had the beginning of the CR22 and JS7 Era.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

9/18/2019 6:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2019 6:21 PM

Chad would’ve smoked him in 04. He was going so fast.

|

9/18/2019 6:26 PM

It’s funny how people say he “dethroned” MC. MC was 30 and was over it at that point.

|

9/18/2019 6:27 PM

RC was never that popular with the fans in the early days- I have heard it over and over. He had very little personality on the mic, and was a red-headed stepchild compared with the ultra-cool McGrath. Then he just won so relentlessly that the MX world had to adapt. To me, his image took a long time to develop to what it is today.

|

9/18/2019 6:35 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

It’s funny how people say he “dethroned” MC. MC was 30 and was over it at that point.

go watch some MC interviews from 02. He was far from over it.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

9/18/2019 6:49 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

It’s funny how people say he “dethroned” MC. MC was 30 and was over it at that point.

30 yes. Over it, No.

|

9/18/2019 6:52 PM

i was really into MX when he was in his prime and was kind of bummed he was retiring. i stopped following the sport once he retired albeit for different reasons

he had his haters but he had way more fans. how could anyone not like the guy?

|

9/18/2019 7:02 PM

vtec wrote:

i was really into MX when he was in his prime and was kind of bummed he was retiring. i stopped following the sport once he retired albeit for different reasons

he had his haters but he had way more fans. how could anyone not like the guy?

It all depends on when you came in to the sport. If you had been a fan from the early 90’s, you didn’t like RC. MC was the MAN in SX. One out of 10 fans wanted RC to beat MC in 2001. Even in 2002 when MC was struggling, he was STILL being cheered on lounger than RC when he came around the track. Go watch the heat race from Anaheim 3 in 2002 when MC pulled the holeshot. Place went NUTS.

If you came in to the sport in 2000’ish timeframe, maybe it did t bother you seeing RC win. However, us older guys LOVED watching Chad Reed whoop up on RC in 2003. It was revenge for us MC fans. Then there was Stewart that everyone couldn’t wait to get him in the 250 class. I didn’t really appreciate RC until he retired.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

9/18/2019 7:17 PM

I agree 100%. It is definitely not the same without him. The guy was an absolute machine outdoors. I mean cmon 24 and 0 twice. Those 2 years his laps lead percentage was around 98%. Unreal. But your right not much love for him in SX. With several championships there by the way as well.But True MX fans are a different group of people. The real hardcores knew he was a hero regardless of his mic personality and the few PR mistakes he made. Maybe not the most naturally talented rider ever. But definitely had the most heart and badass work ethic. RC will always be the Goat

|

9/18/2019 7:20 PM

vtec wrote:

i was really into MX when he was in his prime and was kind of bummed he was retiring. i stopped following the sport once he retired albeit for different reasons

he had his haters but he had way more fans. how could anyone not like the guy?

Racer111 wrote:

It all depends on when you came in to the sport. If you had been a fan from the early 90’s, you didn’t like RC. MC was the MAN in SX. One out of 10 fans wanted RC to beat MC in 2001. Even in 2002 when MC was struggling, he was STILL being cheered on lounger than RC when he came around the track. Go watch the heat race from Anaheim 3 in 2002 when MC pulled the holeshot. Place went NUTS.

If you came in to the sport in 2000’ish timeframe, maybe it did t bother you seeing RC win. However, us older guys LOVED watching Chad Reed whoop up on RC in 2003. It was revenge for us MC fans. Then there was Stewart that everyone couldn’t wait to get him in the 250 class. I didn’t really appreciate RC until he retired.

yea i was a teen in the early 2000s and was just getting into it..i watched sx/mx in the 90s but didnt know any of the names (other than mcgrath) and i didnt have a bike either so it was like..whatever

the one thing i miss about being a kid is being impressionable...MC, RC, bubba, TP199 were all larger than life..the stars of today jus dont do it for me since all of them are younger than me. they are obviously all talented riders/athletes like their predecessors but it jus aint the same

|

9/18/2019 7:44 PM

OP I can’t believe you posted these races on a thread. Was hoping to catch these races on YouTube

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

9/18/2019 8:14 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

It’s funny how people say he “dethroned” MC. MC was 30 and was over it at that point.

Probably the same people that think stewart made rc want to retire. Mmm yea ok.

|

9/18/2019 8:20 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

It’s funny how people say he “dethroned” MC. MC was 30 and was over it at that point.

mxb2 wrote:

Probably the same people that think stewart made rc want to retire. Mmm yea ok.

I know what you’re saying to a point. However, I think RC KNEW he was going to get his ass handed to him in SX if he stayed all of 2007. Outdoors, no one could get in RC’s head. However, RC hates losing and as we saw, he got beat most of his 2007 SX rounds. He wanted to go out on top and he did.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

9/18/2019 9:52 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

OP I can’t believe you posted these races on a thread. Was hoping to catch these races on YouTube

Haha... touche' Well played Johnny Ringo

|

9/18/2019 9:59 PM

For the love of Jeebus, please let the off season races start so we can get back to talking about real topics...

|

9/19/2019 4:06 AM

WTF? Why did you post these race results before I had a chance to watch the races? It’s hard to see those things on my phone. Way to spoil it for me, jerk.

|

9/19/2019 4:28 AM

Yeah, poor RC. He's not poor in any sense of the word. Moran.

|

I have nothing more to say.

9/19/2019 6:29 AM

This thread sent me down a 2 hour rabbit hole on Youtube last night watching RC's races and interviews haha. Fucking hell, Stewart and RC ripped. I'm not so sure the current field, both US and MXGP, would have anything for those 2 guys in their prime. That whole "fuck it, whatever happens happens" riding style was so crazy to watch.

|

9/19/2019 7:41 AM

Why in the world would you wanna start a thread like this, attention deprived?

|