OEM Plastics

h4ck.b0x7
Any idea who makes the OEM Yamaha plastics? Is it Yamaha themselves?

What about other OEMs? If you know which plastic company a certain OEM uses, list it.

For example, OEM Honda, GasGas and KTM is Polisport.
|
7/13/2019 10:05am
I just checked the OEM plastics that were on my KXF and they haven't got any markings on them aside from the Polypropylene markings so that's interesting, not sure where they're made
snackfedbear
7/13/2019 10:11am
I didn’t know polisport made oem Honda.... looks like I’m going with them from now on
7/13/2019 11:09am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2019 11:12am
h4ck.b0x7 wrote:
Any idea who makes the OEM Yamaha plastics? Is it Yamaha themselves? What about other OEMs? If you know which plastic company a certain OEM uses...
Any idea who makes the OEM Yamaha plastics? Is it Yamaha themselves?

What about other OEMs? If you know which plastic company a certain OEM uses, list it.

For example, OEM Honda, GasGas and KTM is Polisport.
I would put money on Honda not using Polisport to make their plastics. I guarantee they use a Japanese firm as do all the Japanese manufactures.

Just seen the link, interesting thar Honda would use an outside company to make their plastics. I always thought Polisport plastics were what you paid for, cheap & nasty. Maybe that’s the route Honda are going down now.

The Shop

zippytech
7/13/2019 11:22am
I wish I could get another set of OEM for my 98 cr.. I got some UFO's a few years ago and it has all but turned white from flexing and I have not even crashed it.

I though UFO make good stuff back in the day. but this stuff was junk.
.kyle
7/13/2019 12:16pm
I would put money on Honda not using Polisport to make their plastics. I guarantee they use a Japanese firm as do all the Japanese manufactures...
I would put money on Honda not using Polisport to make their plastics. I guarantee they use a Japanese firm as do all the Japanese manufactures.

Just seen the link, interesting thar Honda would use an outside company to make their plastics. I always thought Polisport plastics were what you paid for, cheap & nasty. Maybe that’s the route Honda are going down now.
"...cheap & nasty. Maybe that’s the route Honda are going down now" They're having bikes made in China, so it would seem that way.

Post a reply to: OEM Plastics

The Latest