New Dungey Interview

petersen112
Posts
126
Joined
11/17/2009
Location
Mchenry, IL, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 8:57pm
Been making my daily rounds on a couple websites and I thought id share this dungey interview with you all from espn...Dungey ESPN Interview

Not sure if its been posted yet so dont hate if it has. Sounds like 2012 should be another good year for Ryan Dungey.
|
stackman17
Posts
385
Joined
8/6/2011
Location
On a boat, TX, USA
10/1/2011 10:41am
Some may say he is a robot, but if he said stupid shit like some of the riders do at times, he would get blasted by the Vital lynch squad. I much rather hear him remain positive and continue to represent our sport as a professional and a rider my son can look up to and one I can use as a positive role model. Flame on.
petersen112
Posts
126
Joined
11/17/2009
Location
Mchenry, IL, USA
10/1/2011 10:47am
yeah I liked the interview because he seemed more open than usual. I think its surprising that most people havent read this one yet since it answers so many of the questions asked here on vital
10/1/2011 10:51am
yeah I liked the interview because he seemed more open than usual. I think its surprising that most people havent read this one yet since it...
yeah I liked the interview because he seemed more open than usual. I think its surprising that most people havent read this one yet since it answers so many of the questions asked here on vital
Many on Vital don't want questions answered,they would rather make up their own version of reality.
Good interview though.
steve_97060
Posts
1400
Joined
10/4/2009
Location
Florence, AZ, USA
10/1/2011 3:52pm
good interview...

I know I am in the minority, but I believe he will be in the hunt for a title on the KTM..

The Shop

DrSweden
Posts
6761
Joined
8/30/2008
Location
Stockholm, SE
10/1/2011 4:17pm
Interesting that people can feel so differently. Personally I felt that he's way to tight lipped as usual, other than him going there would probably not have happened with "the man"? OH MY GOD (yawn)...

How hard can it be? "I got more money with the KTM deal"?
jimmie
Posts
2263
Joined
8/21/2008
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
10/1/2011 5:50pm
He ain't burnin' no bridges.
steve_97060
Posts
1400
Joined
10/4/2009
Location
Florence, AZ, USA
10/1/2011 5:55pm
what more do some of you guys want from them, they are required by contract to mention sponsors at specific times..

they don't owe you any more information then what they are willing to give, why do you feel the need to know what they are thinking or why they did a particular thing...

it's about the racing....
carlosmacho
Posts
1493
Joined
12/8/2009
Location
Lost Wages, NV, USA
10/1/2011 5:59pm
This guy is all about class, always have been.
steve_97060
Posts
1400
Joined
10/4/2009
Location
Florence, AZ, USA
10/1/2011 6:08pm
This guy is all about class, always have been.
apparently that's a bad thing to some...
10/1/2011 6:10pm
The so called vanilla boy is more mature and respectul than most of his competitors. He is a sponsor's dream by letting his results do his talking. Thankfully Villopoto and Canard and some other newcomers know how to stand tall and go easy on the twitter account.
ThumbsUP
Posts
90
Joined
9/29/2011
Location
USA
10/1/2011 6:19pm
All I care about is if he's dating Britney Spear's sister. Just tell is so I can get on with my life...
observer
Posts
855
Joined
6/7/2009
Location
Puyallup(by way of TX, OK), WA, USA
10/1/2011 7:47pm
ThumbsUP wrote:
All I care about is if he's dating Britney Spear's sister. Just tell is so I can get on with my life...
Laughing exactly.
jasonv43
Posts
10301
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
10/1/2011 8:18pm
Pretty much answers the question in the follow up questions:

What could have kept you at Suzuki?
I'd rather not answer that.

Why KTM? It's an unproven program that has never been on the podium in the Supercross class. Do you feel like you're taking a big chance?
KTM has been a really dominant manufacturer over in Europe and I think they're ready to come over here in America and show that as well. I just really like the commitment from the team, the people and the manufacturer. I'm looking forward to the change. It's a challenge and I'm looking forward to winning championships with KTM. I like what they're about and I think it's a good fit for me. I really do believe that. I think it's going to be a good solid bike and I'll leave it at that.

If Roger DeCoster and Ian Harrison were not at KTM would you be riding for them in 2012?
I've seen the progress that Ian and Roger have made there and it's really cool to see how much KTM trusts them. I've been able to work with Roger a lot and 2011 was the first year I hadn't. He brings a lot to the table, he a great guy, he's raced, he's done it and he knows a lot about bike setup; to answer the question -- probably not.
Aaryn234
Posts
3321
Joined
8/19/2007
Location
South Australia, SA, AU
Fantasy
10/1/2011 8:36pm
Interesting to he his first interview after the signing was with ESPN, talk about a rider who is taking this sport to a big audiance and into the mainstream sports field.

I know ESPN is not un familiar teritory for Supercross, but most first time interviews after a big signing like this are normally captured by one of the big MX sites or Mags, having ESPN get in first show's that there is a fair bit of respect and interest in Dungey outside of the Generally motocross / supercross fan. Then again you just have to look at the outside of the sport sponsors like Target and Nike that have always supported him to see has the respect of the general sporting world.

Great to see.

Though I do live outside of the USA and this could be a pretty regular thing to see, Normally though if you jump on a forum an interview like this (first interview after major event) will be linked to a Dirt bike specific site.
jasonv43
Posts
10301
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
10/1/2011 9:06pm
We were watching some car racing on Speed channel today and they announced it during the broadcast and had it come up on a banner on the screen announce that Dungey had signed with KTM.

Don't think I've every seen it happen like that before.

Post a reply to: New Dungey Interview

The Latest