NO WORLD TITLE FOR COURTNEY DUNCAN

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2018 4:02 PM

The fastest WMX contender and championship leader will miss the title again.
Broken foot, season over according to motocrossmag.be.

|

9/11/2018 4:08 PM

Unfortunate.

|

9/11/2018 4:11 PM

Does anyone know the top five in points? I have not kept up this year.

|

9/11/2018 4:18 PM

mwr wrote:

Unfortunate.

Yeah, she's real fast but tends to crash a little too much.
sad

|

9/11/2018 4:19 PM

BB67 wrote:

Does anyone know the top five in points? I have not kept up this year.

Here's the top 20.
Photo

|

9/11/2018 4:21 PM

It is a real shame, really feel for her.

|

@TONY351KTM

9/11/2018 4:23 PM

Yeah, she really deserves to get one!

|

9/11/2018 4:25 PM

Anyone know if that Verstappen girl is in any way related to Max Verstappen the F1 driver?

Also cool to see an American competing overseas.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/11/2018 5:00 PM

So gutted for CD151, reallly not a fan of how disjointed/disruptive the WMX calendar is.

|

9/11/2018 5:02 PM

Dangit!
Doesn't her dad post on here?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/11/2018 5:14 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

So gutted for CD151, reallly not a fan of how disjointed/disruptive the WMX calendar is.

Yeah, three months without a race, great schedule.
ermm

|

9/11/2018 5:43 PM

Avrie Berry is a friend of mine . Really cool to see her following her dream.

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

9/12/2018 1:17 AM

Such a bummer. Should be a 3x world champ this year and she's a 0x world champ. Needs more Dungey in her head and less Bradshaw, Pastrana.

|

9/12/2018 2:10 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Anyone know if that Verstappen girl is in any way related to Max Verstappen the F1 driver?

Also cool to see an American competing overseas.

No, she isn't even from the same country :-)

|

9/12/2018 2:10 AM

Damn. Isn’t this the third time in a row now? Gutted

|

9/12/2018 2:13 AM

This is how Youthstream/luongo/maffia works. Italian champion (Fontanesi) so you make a world championship with 3 races in Italy (of 6 races in total)...
Pretty sure Van de Ven won't win the championship either after being stolen last year too.

|

9/12/2018 2:31 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

This is how Youthstream/luongo/maffia works. Italian champion (Fontanesi) so you make a world championship with 3 races in Italy (of 6 races in total)...
Pretty sure Van de Ven won't win the championship either after being stolen last year too.

I'm ever willing to kick Luongo / Youthstream in the goolies, for any number of (seemingly endless) eff ups and Rip Offs, but hey, Van de Ven getting stuck in the mud last year / last race(?) isn't having the championship stolen.

Fontanesi's no Squirrel.

It's a bummer for the young Kiwi - I've the sad feeling she'll never get the World Title she deserves. But, you've got to get through seasons to do so. Mind you, Luongo's travel agents photographer axing Courtney in Germany was a right nightmare.............

Hope she can stick it out, stay healthy, and can get at least one.

|

9/12/2018 2:50 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

Bearuno wrote:

I'm ever willing to kick Luongo / Youthstream in the goolies, for any number of (seemingly endless) eff ups and Rip Offs, but hey, Van de Ven getting stuck in the mud last year / last race(?) isn't having the championship stolen.

Fontanesi's no Squirrel.

It's a bummer for the young Kiwi - I've the sad feeling she'll never get the World Title she deserves. But, you've got to get through seasons to do so. Mind you, Luongo's travel agents photographer axing Courtney in Germany was a right nightmare.............

No, but Van de Ven got disqualified for a bullshit reason in Indonesia, that's where she was stolen. She was the only 1 with a DQ for course cuting, while everyone did that in the mud. She eventually lost the title by 2 points...

|

9/12/2018 3:25 AM

Is she definitely out? She doesn't need a fantastic result to wrap it up, shd could probably do enough with 1 foot on the pegs.

|

9/12/2018 3:37 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

No, but Van de Ven got disqualified for a bullshit reason in Indonesia, that's where she was stolen. She was the only 1 with a DQ for course cuting, while everyone did that in the mud. She eventually lost the title by 2 points...

She didn't get DSQ'ed for cutting the track, but for allowing assistence when she was stuck. You could even see her shouting "help" at the marshalls on the broadcast. Not really a "bullshit-reason" to me.

|

9/12/2018 4:17 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

Bearuno wrote:

Fontanesi's no Squirrel.

CalimeroFan wrote:

IIRC, Duncan was also DQed or docked at the final in france for the same reason.

|

9/12/2018 4:26 AM

No you don't.
wink
She just got stuck in an uphill with downed bikes and ladies everywhere...
A quagmire...

|

9/12/2018 4:29 AM

I remember she clashed in the final lap on that hill with a lapper. After that race there was some drama and protesting going on. I thought to remember she got docked or DQed but I’m not sure

|

9/12/2018 4:29 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

She didn't get DSQ'ed for cutting the track, but for allowing assistence when she was stuck. You could even see her shouting "help" at the marshalls on the broadcast. Not really a "bullshit-reason" to me.

Some of these girls are so tiny they can't put their bike back on its wheels if they fall, especially if it's muddy. And they often have a hard time kickstarting them in difficult conditions.

|

9/12/2018 7:05 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

Nope, look Up the result sheet, it says DQ for course cutting. Not entering the track where you left it, was the explanation. But that was impossible as she slid down a muddy hill.
Same as Prado did last week in Turkey, and he didnt get a DQ

|

9/12/2018 8:01 AM

NVA57 wrote:

I remember she clashed in the final lap on that hill with a lapper. After that race there was some drama and protesting going on. I thought to remember she got docked or DQed but I’m not sure

She scored a 6-1 that we.
The big drama was if the race was shortened or not and on what lap the final results were accounted.
They first announced something and it had changed an hour after...
The french federation delegate heavily pushed in favor of keeping Lancelot's hopes alive after the first moto, from what I heard.
Was a total mess, anyway...

|

9/12/2018 8:04 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

I remember she had guys holding her bike so she could stand on her left peg to kickstart her bike, which obviously had enough of the track conditions...

|

9/12/2018 10:02 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

No, she isn't even from the same country :-)

They're both from Belgium.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

9/12/2018 10:19 AM

GODZILLA wrote:

I remember she had guys holding her bike so she could stand on her left peg to kickstart her bike, which obviously had enough of the track conditions...

Why make the women's teams go all the way to Indonesia. That must have been so expensive and their budgets can't be that high. Unless YS subsidized everyone's trip.

|

9/12/2018 10:26 AM

Brownstone322 wrote:

They're both from Belgium.

Max is a dutchie,amandine is belgian

|