My Rig

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2011 5:09 AM

Lets see some pics of how everyone gets to and from the races. I know that there was a thread on here talking about trucks not long ago but I couldn't find anything showing different setups that people use.

When I lived in Illinois we had a 1 Ton Ford Diesel Van and a 26' Toy Hauler that was really a sweet setup for the track, camping at the lake, hunting trips, etc. I now live in France and have had to downsize a little bit but it is still a diesel!!

[img][LINK TO IMAGE][/img]

|

2/26/2011 6:07 AM

Here is my current rig.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins diesel
2004 28' Keystone Toyhauler

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

And in the works, is a brand new 2009 Bluebird Highway coach that I am having built from the ground up into a custom Motorhome, tailored for our needs, centered on going to motocross tracks. It has a Caterpillar 525HP engine, so it should pull a 20' trailer with all the bikes and stuff nicely wink

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

2/26/2011 6:18 AM

Sweet stuff both of you! :D

|

2/26/2011 6:28 AM

Should be able fit a couple of 350's in there no worries eh R-acer wink grin

Thats gonna be a sweet set up when she's finished!

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

2/26/2011 7:34 AM

|

2/26/2011 7:55 AM

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

2/26/2011 8:09 AM

Damn....every time R-acer posts pictures of that thing....my jaw drops and jealousy sets in HAHA!! Can't wait to see what she looks like when you get er' all done!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/26/2011 10:09 AM

How did R-acer get so f-ing rich when he wastes half his life on Vital??

|

2/26/2011 10:14 AM

FCTRY wrote:

How did R-acer get so f-ing rich when he wastes half his life on Vital??

Im not rich man, heck I dont even have a job right now sad

|

2/26/2011 10:21 AM

After twenty years of the pickup truck, then utility trailer ,then a bigger truck and a box trailer this is it now. After removing the hay loft and getting the lift installed I can haul up to 8 bikes without the need of a trailer and still have a real bed to sleep in. Never would have considered a monster quite like this had the motorhome market not taken such a dump over the last few years. This is quite possibly the most perfect moto hauler ever though for the entire family.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

2/26/2011 10:23 AM

A jobless man "having a rig built from the ground up"? Mom and Dad must have some dough.

|

2/26/2011 10:23 AM

Now this is rich LOL

What 4 STROKE engine do you have under the hood of that rig, newmann? is it the mercedes engine? ISX?

|

2/26/2011 10:27 AM

ummm... I think I'm doing it wrong.

|

2/26/2011 10:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2011 10:44 AM

newmann- the drop-deck with a stacker is the way to go. The TiLUBE Showhauler has that set-up.
They can really cram a bunch of bikes and gear in that.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

2/26/2011 10:32 AM

Dont make me put up a photo of my 2000 Dodge Dakota. I would but I dont want you richers to get jelous of my $0 monthly payment.

|

2/26/2011 10:34 AM

skidsteer16 wrote:

ummm... I think I'm doing it wrong.

Just have to work two jobs forever and convince your wife to do the same! The motorhome was supposed to be motivation to pry us away from work. Getting there.....slowly. And we never considered it until the house, business and all our cars were paid for. Fun times ahead, just wish we were a few years younger! LOL

And R racer, it's a Volvo. And it was a bargain. If the M/Home market rebounds a little(which it has) my goal was to be able to enjoy it a few years and get rid of it for close to what I've got in it. Enjoying it more and more though. People buying these things new take an absolute beating when it's time to sell.

|

2/26/2011 10:40 AM

After the last two posts I'm starting to think I'm rolling "ghetto" LOL but here's our rig for race days.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

2/26/2011 10:43 AM

Thats a real nice set up Chili. Good choice in bikes too. wink

|

2/26/2011 10:51 AM

R-acer wrote:

Thats a real nice set up Chili. Good choice in bikes too. wink

Thanks, don't have many detailed photo's but it's a 36 footer with a 14 slide in the main area, all the amenities including a combo washer/dryer and a 4 door fridge/freezer bigger than our home fridge.

We've had some comments from folks at the races about it being overkill or be nice to have that much cash etc and it's funny because usually the folks making those comments have more money tied up in the truck they are driving than I have into that rig. Like Newmann we struck when the economy tanked a few years ago and gas was $4 a gallon and picked that up at a repo auction for less than a decent 2 year old F-150.

|

2/26/2011 11:01 AM

newmann wrote:

After twenty years of the pickup truck, then utility trailer ,then a bigger truck and a box trailer this is it now. After ...more

beautiful truck you got there bro.

|

2/26/2011 11:11 AM

Chili wrote:

After the last two posts I'm starting to think I'm rolling "ghetto" LOL but here's our rig for race days.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chili- that is a popular way to go for quite a few racers. Sweet set-up, you have.

|

2/26/2011 11:57 AM

Dang you guys have got it going on!

|

"I truly think it is time to stop calling JS the fastest man on the planet cause he is not and actually never really was."

2/26/2011 12:57 PM

Highsider wrote:

Chili- that is a popular way to go for quite a few racers. Sweet set-up, you have.

Thanks, after all the sacrifices my wife has made over the years for MX It's always nice to see her happy and comfortable at the track.

|

2/26/2011 1:10 PM

Nice setups. This is how I roll...
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

"Cheezus"

2/26/2011 1:35 PM

2 years ago, we just went to the track in a 16’ cargo trailer, and slept in there at night on an air mattress. Had a cooler with ice to keep our drinks and food cool. And used the portable outhouses for our washroom.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

2/26/2011 3:37 PM

Newmann I think you spent too much on your truck because your bikes are getting really old.

|

2/26/2011 3:52 PM

Im in the wrong sport. I always wanted to go and ask these guys with these crazy haulers what the F do you do for a living? I work my dick in the dirt and come up wayyyyyyyyyy short of any of that shit. I have a 2000 f 250 single cab with 350,000 miles on it. Bought it for $800. Thats how I roll.

|

2/26/2011 4:00 PM

FCTRY wrote:

Newmann I think you spent too much on your truck because your bikes are getting really old.

laughing laughing

But you guys are not joking about the bargains out there on motorhomes, travel trailers, and toy haulers.

Check out the large auction houses in your state and there are bargains. Copart and IAA are a couple that are big national players. I bought an almost brand new 28' travel trailer with minor hail dents on one side for about what a used 2 year old 450 costs. The thing was $20k new.
|

2/26/2011 4:10 PM

Dudes, I'm too old to get jealous... But damn! Those rigs are sweet! I think I need to reorganize and reconsider my priorities. I would absolutely love to have a toy hauler. Hell, I have a hard time as it is getting the group to go out on riding adventures anymore. If I had something like those, I'm sure it'd be maybe a little bit easier! smile

|

2/26/2011 5:19 PM

look out below wrote:

Dont make me put up a photo of my 2000 Dodge Dakota. I would but I dont want you richers to get jelous of my $0 monthly ...more

I'm rockin an 08 Dakota. I haven't owned a bike to put in the back of it for years though.

|