MXGP Start mesh...

Related:
Create New Tag

9/2/2017 2:46 AM

New challenge for US based riders..?

|

Marvin Musquin

9/2/2017 2:51 AM

They've been using it for a couple of years at Monster Energy Cup, so not brand new. But they won't be as familiar as the GP guys

|

9/2/2017 3:07 AM

Plus Straight Rhythm.

I'd guess it's awesome to start on, be traction city!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/2/2017 3:18 AM

They should go back to starting on ground again. Like it should to be, not on that shitty start mesh.

|

9/2/2017 3:34 AM

I think the chick that interviews the riders before the motos should drop a big handful of rocks in front of Herlings' gate....

|

9/2/2017 4:18 AM

wreckitrandy wrote:

I think the chick that interviews the riders before the motos should drop a big handful of rocks in front of Herlings' gate....

Was it in front of Barcia a few years ago .... smile

|

Marvin Musquin

9/2/2017 4:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2017 4:33 AM

Bidirella wrote:

They should go back to starting on ground again. Like it should to be, not on that shitty start mesh.

I agree. Makes the start much more intresting.

|

9/2/2017 5:48 AM

wreckitrandy wrote:

Johan905 wrote:

Was it in front of Barcia a few years ago .... smile

Hahaha YES! and then he flipped out on live TV. That was great.

|

9/2/2017 6:04 AM

|

9/2/2017 6:13 AM

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread about them being used for Supercross in 2018...

Photo

|

9/2/2017 6:52 AM

laughing laughing laughing .....Every single time I see that! haha.
|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/2/2017 6:57 AM

F.B wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]

jeffro503 wrote: laughing laughing laughing .....Every single time I see that! haha.

Crazy right?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/2/2017 7:11 AM

Holy shit Erin Bates, wtf!

|

9/2/2017 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2017 7:45 AM

wreckitrandy wrote:

So the roost hurts the American riders more when he gets the holey you mean?

Is there any other reason?

For the good guys I'm sorry to say that and don't mean it, for the douches I'm not.

|

9/2/2017 9:38 AM

Have to wonder if they shred tires? And if this is something that will trickle down to local tracks?

|

9/2/2017 9:40 AM

Bidirella wrote:

I like the mesh, only because it's same for everyone. The soil can be so varying at some places.

|

9/2/2017 9:55 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I like the mesh, only because it's same for everyone. The soil can be so varying at some places.

Less maintenance and even for everyone. Whats not to like ? Other than transporting it every round of the outdoors ?

Americans will be at a disadvantage at MXdN since they don't have the opportunity to use it in race conditions in the US.

Who wants to bet MX Sports comes around after the '18 SX Series ?

Photo

|

9/2/2017 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2017 10:33 AM

I feel like picking/prepping gates is a part of our sport. My feeling is that concrete starts went away more because of tradition than traction. These mesh gates eliminate the traction variable so I guess we will see how much tradition matters. I personally am not a fan of concrete starts and that isn't because I can't find traction. My hope is that mesh follows the path of concrete and for the most part, disappears in a couple years.

|