MES2 Bike Settings & Tips

ProKawi24
I figured it might be nice to have a dedicated thread just to check out bike setups and/or tips on gameplay. Feel free to move this to Non-Moto if needed.

So far I've completed/won the 250 East & West Championships as well as won 2 450 titles now. I've completed most of the training, gaining at least 20+ stars in each category which basically equals to 2 upgrades for each category but I haven't gotten all 30 stars in any just yet. I've raced in dry & super muddy conditions and feel like I've found a very good overall setup and a nice turning trick.

1st up is my bike settings which work excellent for both 250 & 450...

GEARING: LONG
I've played around with each one and found the long gearing to not only provide smooth power response but also allow me to easily clear triples and big rhythm sections without always needing to preload a bunch. Great for pulling holeshots too. I tried to work with the "short" & "medium" gearings but the "long" gearing just seems to be so much better in every aspect.

SUSPENSION:

1) PRELOAD:
Front: -4, Rear -4

2) SPRINGS
Front: +4, Rear +4

3) COMPRESSION DAMPING

4) EXTENSION DAMPING

I've have trouble with the bike pushing in the corners quite a bit, but with this setup I seem to have much sharper turning while still keeping the bike stable. I prefer my setup to be a bit more on the aggressive side when it comes to handling and this feels like the perfect balance between aggressive and stable. I can really attack the corners without needing to slow down too much. Which leads me to my first trick...

TURNING TRICK:

You must have Joint brakes OFF for this. If you want to make a sharp turn on a dime or make a sweet "X" pass on someone (like when they try to block pass you or take you up high on a berm) you'll want to go flying into the turn and right near the apex hold down the front brake while turning and hitting the throttle. It takes a bit of practice so you don't loop out but I've been able to consistently swing the rear tire around just enough to keep momentum and give me a nice boost of speed for the upcoming triple or rhythm section.

HOLESHOT TRICK:

This only works on starts where the big metal overhang is there (doesn't work at Daytona or split-start). When you're at the gate with the clutch engaged and throttle pinned...if you look above you at the big metal overhang - pay attention to when the big fire erupts....it occurs a split-second before the gate drops. If you dump the clutch right when you see the fire erupt, you'll get a perfect jump out of the gate and with long gearing I pull the holeshot every single time.

Additional Info:
I'm running Advanced Physics, Joint brakes OFF, Rewind & Flow Aid OFF, with Semi-Auto Transmission and Rider Weight. Yes....I understand this isn't the full on real life experience, but so far I'm having the most fun with it. It is a game after all. I'll play around with manual transmission but my goal was to first learn all the tracks and get a nice setup going.

Post your bike setups and any tips / tricks you guys have, feel free to add me online if you wanna race, my PS4 name is "Rocko24". Hopefully this helps with some setups for you guys.
|
SPODEBOY
2/12/2019 8:05am

Thanks for this. I went all soft and it sucked. Then I went all stiff and it was better but it likes to pogo stick all over. I will try your settings when I get home tonight.
2/12/2019 8:44am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2019 8:45am
Also you can still shift with semi auto. I find it easier to enter corners extremely fast if you downshift to 2 or 1 at the entrance. I’m gonna try your tips about brakes and rear wheel steerin.

There is a learning curve for sure. The stiffer I run my home and the more positives the more responsive it is I like a responsive bike. But I’m finding that it might be too much. Gonna try preload -4,-4.
ProKawi24
2/12/2019 3:06pm
Yeah this setup is very responsive but stable enough not to loop out everywhere. I always max the settings out to be the most aggressive or "reactive", then back off 1 click at a time until it's just stable enough to handle. The setting that seemed to be the biggest improvement was the "Long" gearing. It makes the power smooth out of the turns to prevent looping out and really makes jumping the big triples and rhythms a breeze.
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
2/12/2019 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2019 4:33pm
Obviously everyone prefers a different feel. I started with your settings and messed around some and landed here. It seems to work pretty well for me for now. Preload -5 -3 Spring +2 -4 Comp +5 -5 Ext -2 +2
Adjusting the spring settings seemed to make the most difference in cornering feel for me.

The Shop

Denn700
2/13/2019 10:48am
I was really struggling with turning and getting traction. I started only squeezing the trigger halfway when I used the gas and this help tremendously. Once I got used to that I started slowly squeezing it to full throttle down the straights. I never use full throttle coming out of the turns .
Joe512
2/13/2019 12:54pm
Thank you for starting this thread, I tried asking these questions but it always got lost in the shuffle of one big busy thread.
Joe512
2/13/2019 8:08pm
Hoseclamp wrote:
Obviously everyone prefers a different feel. I started with your settings and messed around some and landed here. It seems to work pretty well for me...
Obviously everyone prefers a different feel. I started with your settings and messed around some and landed here. It seems to work pretty well for me for now. Preload -5 -3 Spring +2 -4 Comp +5 -5 Ext -2 +2
Adjusting the spring settings seemed to make the most difference in cornering feel for me.
Tried both, so far I like this setup. I'd say the biggest difference is it feels a little more predictable and planted then the original suggested setup. It's tough to feel out a setup so I appreciate the baselines!
JSC&B
2/14/2019 7:45am
Setup is about where I’m at though I’m still having issues with clearing things. Hard to get over paying top dollar for a game that can’t even send out a DLC update to coincide with this season.
kpersonius264
Fantasy
3579th
2/14/2019 7:58am
Thanks for starting this thread. I’ve never been that great at tuning an these games because I have a hard time feeling slight changes. My biggest problem with cornering is the front end will understeer and push wide entail the exit. Then it oversteers and the bike wants to dive into the tough blocks.
ProKawi24
2/14/2019 11:45am
Thanks for starting this thread. I’ve never been that great at tuning an these games because I have a hard time feeling slight changes. My biggest...
Thanks for starting this thread. I’ve never been that great at tuning an these games because I have a hard time feeling slight changes. My biggest problem with cornering is the front end will understeer and push wide entail the exit. Then it oversteers and the bike wants to dive into the tough blocks.
It's tough but you really have to slow down for many of the corners. You can hold down the front brake and hit the gas while turning to swing the rear end around but it takes some practice so you don't spin out. Also - just locking up the rear brake will help swing it around. You can also try this setup posted by Holtergeist797 in the other thread...

"the few people’s set ups ive seen around, have always tended to have the front end low and the bike in general low with the rational that it corners better. i had been playing this way since i got the game. i decided to slide my preload to the left making the bike higher and it completely changed my turning. notice it says more responsive and this took away the lag feel the bike was having when turning as well as the inability to corner on flat surfaces. the bike is higher so it’s able to lean over much more and therefore grip. i’m not sliding around near as bad as i was before. i’m actually shocked. the game feels completely different. i guess it makes sense tho

if you haven’t tried this, you’ll be glad you did. just go -2 for front and rear shock. let me know if you notice the difference."
ProKawi24
2/14/2019 11:49am
JSC&B wrote:
Setup is about where I’m at though I’m still having issues with clearing things. Hard to get over paying top dollar for a game that can’t...
Setup is about where I’m at though I’m still having issues with clearing things. Hard to get over paying top dollar for a game that can’t even send out a DLC update to coincide with this season.
Having trouble with clearing things - you mean like clearing the triples? Have you tried the long gearing? I'll overjump the triples on most tracks if I just send it WFO. The only jump I've had any difficulty with is the Baggett quad at Tampa.
Joe512
2/15/2019 4:05am
Also try being very light on the throttle. This game likes less throttle more traction vs being wfo and lighting up the rear tire.
dirtmike86
2/15/2019 7:13am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2019 7:14am
ProKawi24 wrote:
Yeah this setup is very responsive but stable enough not to loop out everywhere. I always max the settings out to be the most aggressive or...
Yeah this setup is very responsive but stable enough not to loop out everywhere. I always max the settings out to be the most aggressive or "reactive", then back off 1 click at a time until it's just stable enough to handle. The setting that seemed to be the biggest improvement was the "Long" gearing. It makes the power smooth out of the turns to prevent looping out and really makes jumping the big triples and rhythms a breeze.
I was messing around yesterday with settings. Still have not found one that stands out but I did notice something. I was running the long gearing as well until I did time trial on Oakland. I switched to medium and dropped 3 seconds off my lap time. It will be a total pain in the ass but I think iam going to save a setting for each track.
ProKawi24
2/15/2019 11:49am
ProKawi24 wrote:
Yeah this setup is very responsive but stable enough not to loop out everywhere. I always max the settings out to be the most aggressive or...
dirtmike86 wrote:
I was messing around yesterday with settings. Still have not found one that stands out but I did notice something. I was running the long gearing...
I was messing around yesterday with settings. Still have not found one that stands out but I did notice something. I was running the long gearing as well until I did time trial on Oakland. I switched to medium and dropped 3 seconds off my lap time. It will be a total pain in the ass but I think iam going to save a setting for each track.
I'll have to give that a shot. I'll be on tonight if you wanna ride. I wish I could turn down the sounds more cus I had a hell of a time hearing you last time.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
2/15/2019 12:09pm
Thanks to you guys that have given setup tips, appreciate it. I don't have the time or energy to test out all that stuff on my own.

Maybe you guys could go work for MXA? haha
2/15/2019 12:29pm
Thanks for starting this thread. I’ve never been that great at tuning an these games because I have a hard time feeling slight changes. My biggest...
You're probably getting on the gas too hard and too soon. The acceleration lightens the front end and you get no steering capability. By being more patient and applying the throttle more slowly, you'll find your lap times get way faster.
dirtmike86
2/15/2019 1:51pm
Ramrod wrote:
Thanks to you guys that have given setup tips, appreciate it. I don't have the time or energy to test out all that stuff on my...
Thanks to you guys that have given setup tips, appreciate it. I don't have the time or energy to test out all that stuff on my own.

Maybe you guys could go work for MXA? haha
You can't go up a tooth or add/subtract 10mm of fork oil height. So no.
dirtmike86
2/15/2019 1:59pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
I was messing around yesterday with settings. Still have not found one that stands out but I did notice something. I was running the long gearing...
ProKawi24 wrote:
I'll have to give that a shot. I'll be on tonight if you wanna ride. I wish I could turn down the sounds more cus I...
I'll have to give that a shot. I'll be on tonight if you wanna ride. I wish I could turn down the sounds more cus I had a hell of a time hearing you last time.
Yeah I'll be on. Might be my mic volume or I talk really quite.
St Ann More
2/16/2019 6:54am
I prefer less responsive, more stable:

Pre-load +5
The rest -5

But I've yet to wrap up the 250 title Grinning

Post a reply to: MES2 Bike Settings & Tips

The Latest