MEC different location?

RJMX834
Posts
378
Joined
1/17/2014
Location
Marietta, OH, USA
Edited Date/Time 10/20/2015 8:24pm
What if they held the MEC at a different location? Would the event have a different vibe? I do suppose that having it in VEGAS helps but still... some place like Daytona or something I think would really do it good. Thoughts?
|
10/19/2015 7:44pm
I know if I was Roczen there's no place I'd rather be after winning $100,000 than 15 minutes from some of the countries greatest strip clubs.
RJMX834
Posts
378
Joined
1/17/2014
Location
Marietta, OH, USA
10/19/2015 8:13pm
I know if I was Roczen there's no place I'd rather be after winning $100,000 than 15 minutes from some of the countries greatest strip clubs.
Like I said. I do partially understand why they host it in Vegas. Thats about 80% of the reason more than likely lol
motorush
Posts
192
Joined
5/12/2013
Location
Salt Lake, UT, USA
10/19/2015 8:21pm
The Coliseum. With the old school up & down, of course.

Like to see 2+min lap times for a "one off" supercross track.
disbanded
Posts
6994
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Evergreen, CO, USA
10/19/2015 8:28pm
The Mile High Monster Energy Cup has a real nice ring to it.

The Shop

10/19/2015 10:41pm
motorush wrote:
The Coliseum. With the old school up & down, of course.

Like to see 2+min lap times for a "one off" supercross track.
I had the same thought after reading the thread title.
Coliseum would be pretty awesome. Especially with the peristyle
Vet57
Posts
2574
Joined
12/13/2010
Location
BRO Town, MA, USA
10/20/2015 2:13am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2015 2:14am
Bring it right up here to NE...was 17 degrees with snow squalls here yesterday morning!
rpawley
Posts
484
Joined
3/13/2013
Location
Denver, CO, USA
10/20/2015 8:05am
disbanded wrote:
The Mile High Monster Energy Cup has a real nice ring to it.
Yes please!
The Rock
Posts
8758
Joined
3/21/2007
Location
HAIKU, HI, USA
10/20/2015 10:53am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2015 10:55am
motorush wrote:
The Coliseum. With the old school up & down, of course.

Like to see 2+min lap times for a "one off" supercross track.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I had the same thought after reading the thread title.
Coliseum would be pretty awesome. Especially with the peristyle
Only way you'd want that race at the Coliseum was if the sponsor was the Marines or National Guard and their troops were providing security.
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
10/20/2015 11:14am
The Coliseum was awesome...in its day. These days it's sort of a beat-down relic, and isn't exactly a stellar example of what a modern stadium is all about.

Having visited there a few years ago when the X Games was still trying their mid-summer version of Supercross reinforced that.

The peristyle was sketchy back in the day. Narrow, poor lighting, etc. As iconic as it was, I'm not sure it'd be a good fit for modern bikes and athletes.
The Rock
Posts
8758
Joined
3/21/2007
Location
HAIKU, HI, USA
10/20/2015 11:57am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2015 11:58am
Thanks the link GuyB. Interesting article. Like the idea of a covered new stadium. Still can't believe they replaced the Kingdome with an open air stadium given the Pacific NW location.
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
10/20/2015 1:12pm
Awood wrote:
Whats the point of a bigger venue if this "sold out" race still had a lot of empty seats.
The point? Remember Feld uses Sam Boyd for more than Supercross and the Monster Energy Cup. How many more tickets could they sell for the Monster Jam Finals? I don't know. I don't follow it closely enough.

As the article mentions, in a bigger stadium, the ticket prices might be different. Maybe more people opt in at that point.
Premix
Posts
1505
Joined
1/5/2014
Location
USA
10/20/2015 5:27pm
Troy, OH. We'll have a part where the riders will have to race jet skis across the flooded track. Elevated concrete start. No just the pad, the whole thing.....

Quite honestly I think the event is rediculous and makes our sport look like monster jam, oh wait a minute.....
Benihana225
Posts
116
Joined
8/13/2015
Location
Orlando, FL, USA
10/20/2015 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2015 6:18pm
For just being in Vegas for MEC last weekend. A lot more people would go if it wasn't a $100+ round trip cab ride to get there from the strip

With being said, I love that it an excuse for me to get out of WI and goto Vegas Smile
Awood
Posts
233
Joined
12/15/2013
Location
Corona, CA, USA
10/20/2015 8:24pm
GuyB wrote:
The point? Remember Feld uses Sam Boyd for more than Supercross and the Monster Energy Cup. How many more tickets could they sell for the Monster...
The point? Remember Feld uses Sam Boyd for more than Supercross and the Monster Energy Cup. How many more tickets could they sell for the Monster Jam Finals? I don't know. I don't follow it closely enough.

As the article mentions, in a bigger stadium, the ticket prices might be different. Maybe more people opt in at that point.
This is true, Just wouldnt want it to interfere with the whole inside/outside and into the stands part of the track. Would like to see it at the coliseum or home depot center where going in and out is no issue with more of the track integrated to motocross like the first year it was ran

Post a reply to: MEC different location?

The Latest