MEC Full Rider List

HuskyEd
Posts
5230
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Palmdale, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 9/11/2014 3:02pm
Can't believe they're still listing Villopoto Unsure

Cup Class

AJ Catanzaro
Alex Martin
Andrew Short
Ben Lamay
Chad Reed
Chris Blose
Cole Seely
Cole Thompson
Cooper Webb
Dakota Tedder
Davi Millsaps
Dean Wilson
Eli Tomac
Jake Canada
Jake Weimer
James Stewart
Jason Anderson
Jeremy Martin
Jessy Nelson
Jimmy Albertson
Jimmy Decotis
Josh Grant
Justin Barcia
Justin Bogle
Justin Brayton
Ken Roczen
Kyle Chisholm
Kyle Cunningham
Matt Bisceglia
Matt Goerke
Matt Lemoine
Michael Leib
Mike Alessi
Nick Wey
Ryan Dungey
Ryan Villopoto
Shane McElrath
Teddy Parks
Trey Canard
Tyler Bowers
Vince Friese
Weston Peick
Wil Hahn
Zach Bell
Zach Osborne
Zack Ames

Amateur All-Star Class

Aaron Plessinger
Alexander Frye
Ashton Hayes
Austin Forkner
Benny Bloss
Bradley Taft
Cameron Cannon
Chase Bell
Chase Marquier
Darian Sanayei
Dylan Merriam
Jon Ames
Jordan Smith
Josh Mosiman
Justin Hoeft
Keith Tucker
Lorenzo Locurcio
Luke Purther
Marshal Weltin
Mitchell Harrison
Ryan Surratt
Tristan Charboneau
Tristan Miller
Zach Commans


Super Mini Class

Brock Papi
Carson Brown
Carson Mumford
Casey Keast
Chase Sexton
Christopher Fortier
Ciaran Naran
Connor Mullennix
Derek Drake
Dylan Woodcock
Enzo Lopes
Gabriel Jairala
Garrett Marchbanks
Hannah Hodges
Jack Rogers
Jalek Swoll
Jarrett Frye
Joey Crown
Jordan Bailey
Lance Kobusch
Mitchell Falk
Parker Mashburn
Tanner Stack
Tanner Ward
Zane Merrett


http://www.monsterenergycup.com/ridersPage.html
|
dhp_mma94
Posts
4761
Joined
2/25/2013
Location
La Plata, MD, USA
9/10/2014 6:12pm
i know barcia aint makin it &austin forkner in the amateur all star class?? sweetttt Cool , all classes are loaded with talent & potential talent
088kawi
Posts
81
Joined
8/24/2012
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
9/10/2014 7:04pm
Watch out for Lance Kobusch in Super mini. The kid is super fast.
Dx3moto
Posts
1405
Joined
4/24/2014
Location
Southern California, CA, USA
9/10/2014 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2014 7:46pm
I'm calling Brock Papi for the win in Supermini. Also hoping Zac Commans does well in the All-Stars class.


Unfortunately I won't be there shooting pics, should be a stacked event once again.
500guy
Posts
12468
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
9/10/2014 8:58pm
That is more than likely a list of invited riders, great way to sell tickets.

The Shop

JeepnMike
Posts
2525
Joined
10/18/2012
Location
Enumclaw, WA, USA
9/10/2014 9:24pm
Carson Brown for super mini!! Go BBR gang!!!
Chains
Posts
257
Joined
4/10/2012
Location
Fort Dodge, IA, USA
9/10/2014 9:56pm
Would love to see Lance win the supermini but I think Sexton is hungry.
Monte122
Posts
1517
Joined
6/29/2014
Location
CA
9/10/2014 10:17pm
All Star and Supermini are stacked!! Forkner, Smiith, Bell - Sexton, Papi, Stack. My picks.
Excaliburbmx
Posts
1868
Joined
6/21/2014
Location
Indianapolis, IN, USA
9/10/2014 10:23pm
Hansen too.
Whitey
Posts
2384
Joined
2/15/2008
Location
Perth, AU
9/11/2014 1:32am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2014 1:54am
500guy wrote:
That is more than likely a list of invited riders, great way to sell tickets.
Jay knows whats going on.

Probably about half of the big named riders will show IMO

Will still be good to see some racing though, long time until A1
bsharkey
Posts
2162
Joined
6/16/2014
Location
Marysville, WA, USA
9/11/2014 1:48am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2014 7:39am
Chains wrote:
Would love to see Lance win the supermini but I think Sexton is hungry.
sexton, falk, and brown should be the favorites, there are a ton of younger age fast kids too. sanayei and smith should be fast as long as they are both healed up for the top a/b riders
Squid-mom
Posts
237
Joined
11/11/2013
Location
Mc Coy, TX, USA
9/11/2014 5:36am
Monte122 wrote:
All Star and Supermini are stacked!! Forkner, Smiith, Bell - Sexton, Papi, Stack. My picks.
Good thing bookies aren't taking your money then.
9/11/2014 5:54am
Monte122 wrote:
All Star and Supermini are stacked!! Forkner, Smiith, Bell - Sexton, Papi, Stack. My picks.
Squid-mom wrote:
Good thing bookies aren't taking your money then.
I'll take his picks, and your money. If you're feeling lucky.
Squid-mom
Posts
237
Joined
11/11/2013
Location
Mc Coy, TX, USA
9/11/2014 8:52am
I don't follow mini's too much, but I have not seen Sexton, Papi, or Stack beat Marchbanks. As far as All-star class, Smith has the speed to win with a good start (if fully recovered from his injury which I have no idea about). But, Forkner just moving up to a big bike is not likely to be able to match Plessinger. Bell had 1 moto medal in 6 races at LL against most of this field, so odds of him winning it are not great. Best bet to run with Plessinger is Charboneau in my opinion.

I honestly really like a bunch of these kids and really don't care who wins, just my observations.
mmain62
Posts
714
Joined
2/7/2013
Location
Knoxville, IL, USA
9/11/2014 8:58am
Im calling for Chase Sexton in the Super Mini . He is a bad cat. Smith and Plessinger get the top 2 for me and Forkner is a wild card he hasnt been on the 250 for very long isnt he still kind of small. I pick Roczen on the new zook haha i really dont know but im pumped on MEC.
huck
Posts
17049
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
9/11/2014 9:05am
LOL. There is WAY more talk about the Amateurs and mini-bikes than the 'big name' guys...
Ardfarkl
Posts
834
Joined
11/1/2013
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
9/11/2014 9:09am
I want to see Hannah throw down!
Squid-mom
Posts
237
Joined
11/11/2013
Location
Mc Coy, TX, USA
9/11/2014 9:28am
Ardfarkl wrote:
I want to see Hannah throw down!
While it would be cool, it is not likely. Her best lap times at LL were over 10 seconds a lap off of the top 10 Supermini riders. I think a top 15 would be a respectable finish for her. Though, I have to say some of the names on the supermini list I have never even heard of, so maybe she could pull a top 10.
rosebud441
Posts
1764
Joined
1/25/2012
Location
Bellingham, WA, USA
9/11/2014 9:48am
Hell yeah, i love super-minis on a SX track.. VERY impressive IMO....Me thinks they are the closest thing to a 125 class these days
bsharkey
Posts
2162
Joined
6/16/2014
Location
Marysville, WA, USA
9/11/2014 9:59am
Squid-mom wrote:
I don't follow mini's too much, but I have not seen Sexton, Papi, or Stack beat Marchbanks. As far as All-star class, Smith has the speed...
I don't follow mini's too much, but I have not seen Sexton, Papi, or Stack beat Marchbanks. As far as All-star class, Smith has the speed to win with a good start (if fully recovered from his injury which I have no idea about). But, Forkner just moving up to a big bike is not likely to be able to match Plessinger. Bell had 1 moto medal in 6 races at LL against most of this field, so odds of him winning it are not great. Best bet to run with Plessinger is Charboneau in my opinion.

I honestly really like a bunch of these kids and really don't care who wins, just my observations.
that's because a lot of names on that list are the top kids from the 12-13 class or mini sr class. they are fast but on the young side age wise .we saw charboneau at top gun 2 weeks ago. hes going to need more time to be up to speed with the a group
Sandberm
Posts
5845
Joined
3/27/2009
Location
Pasco, WA, USA
9/11/2014 10:08am
I heard the Monster cup next year is going to be held in Europe to accomodate RV's new living situation.

Any truth to that?
mx836
Posts
5577
Joined
4/2/2008
Location
;, BF
9/11/2014 11:21am
Forkner has grown and he is 15 although he just got on the big bike. He might surprise but I wouldn't expect him to win.
9/11/2014 12:11pm
Watching the 85s at MEC a few years back was scary. They don't shut off. Madness.
Starcrossed
Posts
3160
Joined
4/16/2014
Location
New Bedford, MA, USA
9/11/2014 3:02pm
Should be a great race. I wonder who will miss the joker lane this year. My picks for amateur and supermini are Tucker and Marchbanks respectively. Gotta love seeing the 85s ripping on the big boy track.

Post a reply to: MEC Full Rider List

The Latest