Legitimate question: will Tyler Evans...

Pdub
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 9:23pm
... ever win a 450F main? I'm not bagging on him, that's not my intent. What would it take for him to find the speed/luck/good charma to snag one win before he retires?
|
kdx man
12/9/2006 1:15pm
I honestly do not think he has to speed to beat the current top 5 while everybody is healthy.

In order for him to have a win, there would have to be many injuries, absence of certain riders, or a 10 rider pile up during a race.
radonc73
12/9/2006 1:15pm
I just don't forsee it happening. I definatly see at least 1 podium but don't think he will ever win. That would require too many other riders to go down and him to have the night of a lifetime. I do see him kicking much ass this year both on and off the track.
Pdub
12/9/2006 1:20pm
radonc73 wrote:
I just don't forsee it happening. I definatly see at least 1 podium but don't think he will ever win. That would require too many other...
I just don't forsee it happening. I definatly see at least 1 podium but don't think he will ever win. That would require too many other riders to go down and him to have the night of a lifetime. I do see him kicking much ass this year both on and off the track.
radonc73 wrote:

Last season there were like, what, 2 mud supercrosses? Mud is the great equalizer... could that give him a chance? Depite the fact that he's not known as a mudder... Wink
clayman
12/9/2006 2:06pm
radonc73 wrote:
I just don't forsee it happening. I definatly see at least 1 podium but don't think he will ever win. That would require too many other...
Pdub wrote:
[b]radonc73 wrote:[/b] [quote]I just don't forsee it happening. I definatly see at least 1 podium but don't think he will ever win. That would require too...
radonc73 wrote:

Last season there were like, what, 2 mud supercrosses? Mud is the great equalizer... could that give him a chance? Depite the fact that he's not known as a mudder... Wink
After last nights performance, to hell with him. I hope his sponsors all kick him to the curb.

Post edited by: clayman, at: 2006/12/11 01:29

The Shop

justme
12/10/2006 6:27am
radonc73 wrote:
Pdub wrote:
[b]radonc73 wrote:[/b] [quote]I just don't forsee it happening. I definatly see at least 1 podium but don't think he will ever win. That would require too...
radonc73 wrote:

clayman wrote:
After last nights performance, to hell with him. I hope his sponsors all kick him to the curb.

A good right hook/jab then he ripps his t-shirt off. Oh wait that is his pre-race antics sorry.Shocked
I'm sure his results have been good with the ladies.

Post edited by: justme, at: 2006/12/10 14:29
TerryK
12/10/2006 7:39am
Pdub wrote:
radonc73 wrote:

clayman wrote:

justme wrote:
A good right hook/jab then he ripps his t-shirt off. Oh wait that is his pre-race antics sorry.:ohmy: I'm sure his results have been good with...
A good right hook/jab then he ripps his t-shirt off. Oh wait that is his pre-race antics sorry.Shocked

Come on you guys, Evans has a tough time breaking the top 15 most times. Once the field is a full strenght he has no chance of a top 5. Besides, the guy is a goon and shouldn't be out there. I used to like him because he brought that bad boy image to the sport but now I see him for what he really is: a bad tempered goon and a poor sportsman.
JPT
12/10/2006 4:43pm
clayman wrote:

justme wrote:
A good right hook/jab then he ripps his t-shirt off. Oh wait that is his pre-race antics sorry.:ohmy: I'm sure his results have been good with...

TerryK wrote:
Come on you guys, Evans has a tough time breaking the top 15 most times. Once the field is a full strenght he has no chance...
Come on you guys, Evans has a tough time breaking the top 15 most times. Once the field is a full strenght he has no chance of a top 5. Besides, the guy is a goon and shouldn't be out there. I used to like him because he brought that bad boy image to the sport but now I see him for what he really is: a bad tempered goon and a poor sportsman.
TerryK wrote:

I agree with everything you said. It's OK being a tough guy, but he's a bully plain and simple. Hate bullies.
TerryK
12/10/2006 5:20pm
justme wrote:

TerryK wrote:
Come on you guys, Evans has a tough time breaking the top 15 most times. Once the field is a full strenght he has no chance...
JPT wrote:
[b]TerryK wrote:[/b] [quote]Come on you guys, Evans has a tough time breaking the top 15 most times. Once the field is a full strenght he has...
TerryK wrote:

I agree with everything you said. It's OK being a tough guy, but he's a bully plain and simple. Hate bullies.
mumbles
Fantasy
842nd
12/10/2006 5:41pm
I think Evans is very lucky to get the backing he does. His personality not his speed is what the sponsors get out of him. RockStar has other riders that have the potential for podiums. He will never get on the podium. Not that is a bad thing. There are plenty of guys that race professionally for many years and never get as close as Evans has in the past. I think he was at his best a couple years.
DadeRacing
12/11/2006 4:32am
After seeing the video of Vancouver, he looks like he needs an attitude adjustment, elbowing a rider he hit off his bike then throwing down or trying too, he needs fines suspension n such not Bubbles.
Motorbike
12/11/2006 3:07pm
The only way he is top 10 is if he takes everyone out in the first turn.
BamBamm13
12/11/2006 4:02pm
Motorbike wrote:
Hell to freze overLaughing

It would take alot of little or big things to happen for him to win one.

Funnier things have happend guys.

He has never seemed comfortable on the thumper.

Unlike most of the non-factory boys (ie Ryan Clark, JT$), he was still riding the smoker and getting top tens here and there.

If he could get a top five start he should get a transfer to the main out of that. If he could buy a holeshot in the main we may see a top ten.

JMHO
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
1/2/2007 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 5:53pm
Motorbike wrote:
BamBamm13 wrote:
Hell to freze over:laugh: It would take alot of little or big things to happen for him to win one. Funnier things have happend guys. He...

Unlike most of the non-factory boys (ie Ryan Clark, JT$), he was still riding the smoker and getting top tens here and there.

If he could get a top five start he should get a transfer to the main out of that. If he could buy a holeshot in the main we may see a top ten.

JMHO
Love him or hate him his image has gotten him a pretty strong fan base. I would say a lot more than any of the "good guys" have gotten with similar results.

The guy is talented but it would take 6 months with RC whipping his ass into moto shape for him to make a podium. That or a hell of a downpour, he has done well in mud races.
yz931
1/3/2007 3:01am
Motorbike wrote:
BamBamm13 wrote:
Hell to freze over:laugh: It would take alot of little or big things to happen for him to win one. Funnier things have happend guys. He...

JMHO
KennyT wrote:
Love him or hate him his image has gotten him a pretty strong fan base. I would say a lot more than any of the "good...
Love him or hate him his image has gotten him a pretty strong fan base. I would say a lot more than any of the "good guys" have gotten with similar results.

The guy is talented but it would take 6 months with RC whipping his ass into moto shape for him to make a podium. That or a hell of a downpour, he has done well in mud races.
He has a better shot at winning a UFC fight over a 250 sx win. The guy is a chump who has to start fights in order to receive any attention at all. Go back to FMX Evans, you've proved yourself worthless in the racing world.
Mutt
1/3/2007 7:37am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 5:53pm
BamBamm13 wrote:

JMHO
KennyT wrote:
Love him or hate him his image has gotten him a pretty strong fan base. I would say a lot more than any of the "good...

yz931 wrote:
He has a better shot at winning a UFC fight over a 250 sx win. The guy is a chump who has to start fights in...
He has a better shot at winning a UFC fight over a 250 sx win. The guy is a chump who has to start fights in order to receive any attention at all. Go back to FMX Evans, you've proved yourself worthless in the racing world.
Not long ago there was some discussion about putting Evans in the Suzuki truck. Of course that was due to their riders being decimated by injuries and Tyler's strong showings. While that rumor may have never had any substance, Tyler Evans' results declined after that.

Evidently he has the talent to be on or near the box, something is evidently missing in his program.

As for his attitude, by God, it's motorcycle racing not golf. Blame it on all the politically correct pundits if you like, but do we really want this lilly white, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" image? Maybe a little Cale Yarborough/Donnie Allison action would draw in some fans.

I'm probably one of the biggest Keith Johnson fans on planet Earth, outside of Stan and Resa. Their miniscule squable was a racing incident. When you're in the heat of battle, stuff happens. To me, it would have been inexcusable if the action had been taken up in the pits. That little elbow and shoving match wasn't anything.
yz931
1/3/2007 10:09am
KennyT wrote:

yz931 wrote:
He has a better shot at winning a UFC fight over a 250 sx win. The guy is a chump who has to start fights in...
Mutt wrote:
Not long ago there was some discussion about putting Evans in the Suzuki truck. Of course that was due to their riders being decimated by injuries...
Not long ago there was some discussion about putting Evans in the Suzuki truck. Of course that was due to their riders being decimated by injuries and Tyler's strong showings. While that rumor may have never had any substance, Tyler Evans' results declined after that.

Evidently he has the talent to be on or near the box, something is evidently missing in his program.

As for his attitude, by God, it's motorcycle racing not golf. Blame it on all the politically correct pundits if you like, but do we really want this lilly white, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" image? Maybe a little Cale Yarborough/Donnie Allison action would draw in some fans.

I'm probably one of the biggest Keith Johnson fans on planet Earth, outside of Stan and Resa. Their miniscule squable was a racing incident. When you're in the heat of battle, stuff happens. To me, it would have been inexcusable if the action had been taken up in the pits. That little elbow and shoving match wasn't anything.
It was Evans looking for attention. Any Joe Schmo would be able to point that out after seeing the replay once.
Mutt
1/3/2007 11:11am
yz931 wrote:
Mutt wrote:
Not long ago there was some discussion about putting Evans in the Suzuki truck. Of course that was due to their riders being decimated by injuries...

yz931 wrote:
It was Evans looking for attention. Any Joe Schmo would be able to point that out after seeing the replay once.
Really, I'm no Joe Schmo but you should review the video once more. After the contact and fall, Evans is making his way back to his bike while KJ is giving him hand gestures. Tyler goes to retrieve his bike first, then grabs Keith. Is it possible that Keith had some derrogatory remarks aimed at Evans that you can't hear on the broadcast?
BamBamm13
1/3/2007 9:30pm
Mutt wrote:

yz931 wrote:
Mutt wrote:
Really, I'm no Joe Schmo but you should review the video once more. After the contact and fall, Evans is making his way back to his...
Really, I'm no Joe Schmo but you should review the video once more. After the contact and fall, Evans is making his way back to his bike while KJ is giving him hand gestures. Tyler goes to retrieve his bike first, then grabs Keith. Is it possible that Keith had some derrogatory remarks aimed at Evans that you can't hear on the broadcast?
Mutt wrote:

Of course it is, but that would be logical thinking.

Evans has not adapted as well to the thumper, as others.

He hasn't had a good start (heat, semi, lcq or main) in a long time. I think that is something that is really hurting his results.
MK 105
1/6/2007 10:45pm
yz931 wrote:
Mutt wrote:
Really, I'm no Joe Schmo but you should review the video once more. After the contact and fall, Evans is making his way back to his...
BamBamm13 wrote:
[b]Mutt wrote:[/b] [quote]Really, I'm no Joe Schmo but you should review the video once more. After the contact and fall, Evans is making his way back...
Mutt wrote:

He hasn't had a good start (heat, semi, lcq or main) in a long time. I think that is something that is really hurting his results.
I watched him ride tonight at A1, Unsure lets just drop this whole topic
BamBamm13
1/7/2007 4:52pm
Mutt wrote:
BamBamm13 wrote:
[b]Mutt wrote:[/b] [quote]Really, I'm no Joe Schmo but you should review the video once more. After the contact and fall, Evans is making his way back...
Mutt wrote:

MK 105 wrote:
MK 105 wrote:
He rode okay. 12th aint bad
MK 105
1/7/2007 5:19pm
BamBamm13 wrote:
Mutt wrote:

MK 105 wrote:
BamBamm13 wrote:
MK 105 wrote:
12th I would have to say was given to him by hot sauce and langston he sure did not work for 12th,

we will see how it goes next week
BamBamm13
1/7/2007 9:25pm
MK 105 wrote:
BamBamm13 wrote:
MK 105 wrote:
MK 105 wrote:
12th I would have to say was given to him by hot sauce and langston he sure did not work for 12th, we will see how...
12th I would have to say was given to him by hot sauce and langston he sure did not work for 12th,

MK 105 wrote:

*Huh

He could not crack the top 40 in practice
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/7/2007 9:43pm
BamBamm13 wrote:
MK 105 wrote:
MK 105 wrote:
12th I would have to say was given to him by hot sauce and langston he sure did not work for 12th, we will see how...

BamBamm13 wrote:
[b]MK 105 wrote:[/b] [quote]12th I would have to say was given to him by hot sauce and langston he sure did not work for 12th, we...
MK 105 wrote:

*Huh

Tyler looked MUCH better at A1 than he did in either of the Canadian rounds.
braaap
Fantasy
2193rd
1/8/2007 9:34am
MK 105 wrote:

BamBamm13 wrote:
[b]MK 105 wrote:[/b] [quote]12th I would have to say was given to him by hot sauce and langston he sure did not work for 12th, we...
MK 105 wrote:

*Huh

GuyB wrote:
No doubt, the dude has skills. Could he ever win a main against todays talent? Not!
BamBamm13
1/8/2007 10:29am
BamBamm13 wrote:
MK 105 wrote:

*Huh

GuyB wrote:
braaap wrote:
No doubt, the dude has skills. Could he ever win a main against todays talent? Not!
I think it takes some folks longer to adapt to the thumpers than others.

Tim Ferry said it took him six months to fully adapt to the YZF426 a few years ago.

That could be the same for Evans

Post a reply to: Legitimate question: will Tyler Evans...

The Latest