Last Night at Milestone MX

Torco1
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 12:10am
I had a pretty cool experience last night at Milestone. I stopped by on my way home from work to get a little riding in and while I was getting dressed a guy pulled up in a truck and said they were filming a commercial and needed riders to help fill the starting gate up and asked if I could help out. I obviously said yes and finished getting dressed and rode over there. When I got over there I saw all the Lucas banners and stuff and knew right away what it was for. Tara Geiger was there and Ping and someone was on Townley's bike with all his gear on but I wasnt sure if it was really him cause he never took his helmet off, it could've just been someone filling in for him. Anyway, we got to do a bunch of starts like we were racing and then they did a bunch of takes with just Townley (if that was him) and Tara. I'm not sure if any of the takes I was in will make the final commercial because, lets just say my bike and gear are pretty well represented with a bunch of "non-Lucas" stuff. Either way it was still a pretty cool experience.......just thought I would share it.
|
dpingree101
8/5/2010 4:26pm
Yes, it was Ben Townley. We had the whole team there for the Lucas Oil commercial shoot. It should be pretty entertaining... not your typical corporate ad.
Torco1
8/5/2010 4:38pm
Yes, it was Ben Townley. We had the whole team there for the Lucas Oil commercial shoot. It should be pretty entertaining... not your typical corporate...
Yes, it was Ben Townley. We had the whole team there for the Lucas Oil commercial shoot. It should be pretty entertaining... not your typical corporate ad.
I couldnt tell because he had his helmet and goggles on the whole time I was around. Even when he was driving the cart around in the pits he was still wearing it.
jeffro503
8/5/2010 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2010 4:43pm
Very cool Torco.....sounds like you were in the right spot at the right time.

David.....Is Ben healing up from the wreck he had at washougal? Just wondering if he's back riding again.....looked like it hurt from where I was standing. I'll be rooting for him!

The Shop

jasonv43
8/5/2010 6:52pm
Torco1 wrote:
I had a pretty cool experience last night at Milestone. I stopped by on my way home from work to get a little riding in and...
I had a pretty cool experience last night at Milestone. I stopped by on my way home from work to get a little riding in and while I was getting dressed a guy pulled up in a truck and said they were filming a commercial and needed riders to help fill the starting gate up and asked if I could help out. I obviously said yes and finished getting dressed and rode over there. When I got over there I saw all the Lucas banners and stuff and knew right away what it was for. Tara Geiger was there and Ping and someone was on Townley's bike with all his gear on but I wasnt sure if it was really him cause he never took his helmet off, it could've just been someone filling in for him. Anyway, we got to do a bunch of starts like we were racing and then they did a bunch of takes with just Townley (if that was him) and Tara. I'm not sure if any of the takes I was in will make the final commercial because, lets just say my bike and gear are pretty well represented with a bunch of "non-Lucas" stuff. Either way it was still a pretty cool experience.......just thought I would share it.
Dude!!!

Your on your way to the top. Way to go buddy.

Now seriously, did you holeshot or what? Don't tell me Tara beat you to the first turn.
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
8/5/2010 6:55pm
Proof that Good Guys can finish first! You got an awesome story now! Have to ask but did you get any autographs?
stevee401
8/5/2010 8:40pm
Great story. I love being the right place at the right time.
jeffro503
8/5/2010 11:12pm
stevee401 wrote:
Great story. I love being the right place at the right time.
Yeah!!....no kidding! One night I ran into this hooker that had a midget friend dressed in a clown suit with a video camera , and they had this Donkey , then they asked me to join in on their.........aaawww never mind , it's a boring story.
JW381
8/6/2010 12:25am
Lucky mallard

Post a reply to: Last Night at Milestone MX

The Latest