Las Cruces NM moto scene?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2018 5:27 PM

Might be heading there for years to come. How is the moto scene or is it more desert right from garage type of thing

Thx in advance

|

5/30/2018 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2018 5:32 PM

No idea about moto, but I've been there once. There ain't much of anything out in the hills except for sand, brush, and rocks.

Check out pecan grill and brewery. Damn good food and pecan beer. The Mexican food there is outstanding

|

5/30/2018 5:39 PM

Sparkey wrote:

Might be heading there for years to come. How is the moto scene or is it more desert right from garage type of thing

Thx in advance

You poor bastard. Was Hell not an option?

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/30/2018 5:39 PM

Over the mountain range in Alamogordo there is a place called tularosa. I haven't been there in a few years but it's an awesome track. Lots of desert free riding in Cruces. I'm up in Albuquerque so if you find your self up this way I know a few cool spots.

|

5/30/2018 5:40 PM

Sparkey wrote:

Thx in advance

plowboy wrote:

No hell would be Lubbock Texas! No real riding anywhere close!

|

5/30/2018 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2018 5:51 PM

Sparkey wrote:

Thx in advance

plowboy wrote:

JWACK wrote:

I have a guy at work from NM. He goes back every year for riding. A mix of bikes and quads. Mostly single track mountain stuff. I believe the Tularosa area is where he goes. Cloudcroft is a little slice of heaven.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/30/2018 6:20 PM

Sparkey wrote:

Thx in advance

plowboy wrote:

JWACK wrote:

Did the national hare and hound in Kilgary just outside lubbock back in march. Was pretty epic and a good mix of a lot of fun stuff. All enduro/woods/off road stuff though, no moto. West texas in general is just cotton and oil fields for miles. So much oil you can smell it in the air, and there's dozens of smokestack fires. Kind of looks like kuwait back in '91.

Also did a NHHA in espanola, NM back in '16. That was a lot of fun, great variety of stuff to ride up there. There was also a NHHA in alamogordo last year (tarantula 100) and it was a lot of fast whoopy sandy stuff. Not nearly as a fun as the espanola round.

If you do go to NM, the food is world class. Get you some christmas enchiladas and soapapilla's and you'll never want to leave!

|

5/30/2018 6:33 PM

Tularosa is hands down the best track in NM.

|

5/30/2018 8:29 PM

Born and raised there. Been in CA since '93. Go back a couple times of year sometimes to ride but mostly to visit. MX scene is shit but if you're in to endless desert riding it's epic. Used to be a track called Stahman Farms but it's a skeleton now. Some fast guys came out of there Travis Hodges, Mike Chiudoni, Mike Archuleta. Tommy Black, Kyle Abney. Tularosa is by far the best 70 miles east. Southwest Suzuki is in Alamogordo before you get to Tularosa great guys, good friends Dave Sturgess knows the scene and rides and races regularly in Tulie and Cloudcroft. Just my $.02

|

5/31/2018 6:25 AM

Sparkey wrote:

Thx in advance

Like some others said, Tularosa is definitely the best moto spot anywhere in that area. I was stationed at Ft. Bliss (El Paso) for 5-ish years (left in '11) and there are some fun sand dunes east of El Paso (probably 1.5hrs from Cruces). I was out there last February and the main area has been trashed by people partying, but the dunes are still decent to have fun on and then you ride for 100+ miles if you want to from there. There's also a place called 'the wall' in santa Theresa which is about 30 mins south of Cruces which is ok to ride. Bottom line is there is endless amounts of desert riding in that area which to me is awesome. You can also hit up the national forest in the Cloudcroft and Ruidoso areas which is some amazing mountain riding. If you want a good challenge there is a race called the Tarantula 100 in Alamogordo every year which a lot of people go to.

Theres a couple tracks east of El Paso as well but I have no idea about the condition of them nowadays. One called Motoxball or something weird like that and I don't know about the other one. There is also a track in Juarez Mexico but I HIGHLY recommend you stay out of that area in Mexico... very bad place to be.

Anyways, I'm very familiar with that area so send me a message if you want to and I can give you addresses and points on the map for places to ride.

Cheers.

|

5/31/2018 7:15 AM

Sparkey wrote:

Thx in advance

MotoCoUSA wrote:

Like some others said, Tularosa is definitely the best moto spot anywhere in that area. I was stationed at Ft. Bliss (El Paso) for 5-ish years (left in '11) and there are some fun sand dunes east of El Paso (probably 1.5hrs from Cruces). I was out there last February and the main area has been trashed by people partying, but the dunes are still decent to have fun on and then you ride for 100+ miles if you want to from there. There's also a place called 'the wall' in santa Theresa which is about 30 mins south of Cruces which is ok to ride. Bottom line is there is endless amounts of desert riding in that area which to me is awesome. You can also hit up the national forest in the Cloudcroft and Ruidoso areas which is some amazing mountain riding. If you want a good challenge there is a race called the Tarantula 100 in Alamogordo every year which a lot of people go to.

Theres a couple tracks east of El Paso as well but I have no idea about the condition of them nowadays. One called Motoxball or something weird like that and I don't know about the other one. There is also a track in Juarez Mexico but I HIGHLY recommend you stay out of that area in Mexico... very bad place to be.

Anyways, I'm very familiar with that area so send me a message if you want to and I can give you addresses and points on the map for places to ride.

Cheers.

I've been to all three of them, Tularosa is the best followed by Juarez's track and then Xmotoball, they just picked up that track again and is fairly easy because they are a little limited in space.

Juarez
Photo Photo Photo

El Paso
Photo Photo

|

5/31/2018 8:35 AM

gt757 wrote:

I've been to all three of them, Tularosa is the best followed by Juarez's track and then Xmotoball, they just picked up that track again and is fairly easy because they are a little limited in space.

Juarez
Photo Photo Photo

El Paso
Photo Photo

Ive always heard that the Juarez track was legit, but when I got to El Paso in 07, we (Army) were not allowed to go to there for any reason.

|