I miss Motodrive...!

peeps sr
Posts
472
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:44am
Sorry but, this place ain't the same

Not particularly close even.

Shame it had to turn into this really.

Them damn four-strokes...!

1
|
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
5/13/2008 5:05pm
What are you missing, Peeps?
Billybob
Posts
64
Joined
3/24/2008
Location
Vincent, AL, USA
5/13/2008 5:05pm
Ditto
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
5/13/2008 5:06pm
Just wait til Vital drops a valve! Blink
peeps sr
Posts
472
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Tallahassee, FL, USA
5/13/2008 5:06pm
GuyB wrote:
What are you missing, Peeps?
Mufukin Motodrive...

The Shop

5/13/2008 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2008 5:14pm
I miss Vital MX with out motodrive...Back then, fourms stayed up for a while...Here there is a new fourm posted just about every second.....Since MD and VMX joined this place has been packed...before, everyone knew each other...now its like tryin to get to know the world....But i guess its alright...Im addapting to it just fine...
wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
5/13/2008 5:15pm
GuyB wrote:
What are you missing, Peeps?
Any way to get to the last post in a thread without having to scroll through the whole thing?

Anyway to know which threads you have posted in?
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
5/13/2008 5:21pm
wpcjs wrote:
Any way to get to the last post in a thread without having to scroll through the whole thing? Anyway to know which threads you have...
Any way to get to the last post in a thread without having to scroll through the whole thing?

Anyway to know which threads you have posted in?
To get to the end of the thread, click this icon , either from the homepage, or on a main room page (like Moto-Related).
Trip
Posts
2255
Joined
8/1/2006
Location
USA
5/13/2008 5:23pm
GuyB wrote:
What are you missing, Peeps?
Hey Gibby, I don't want to come off as harsh or hateful, but this is the only place I really go thats moto related. Every once in while I'll hit Pro Ride up.
Motodrive had alot of features that this place is missing. I liked being able to see what topics I had a post in. I liked the search feature, I liked the new posts since last time I visited, I liked that the photos were bigger and you could enlarge them. For a while you were asking how to make Md better, you took it under advice and made it a great web site. This place just looks really basic, not a whole lot of bling. Kind of reminds me of the Ghetto, you know the old Motoworld message board?
It was your board, and if money was an issue, thats one thing, then I understand the switch. It just seems like this was a step backwards compared to what the old board was. I know you think I have bad attitude, but really this wasn't meant as being disrespectful. Thanks for reading.. Greg
1
alphado
Posts
4144
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Erie, PA, USA
5/13/2008 5:27pm
I miss GuyB's glasses.
flarider
Posts
25496
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
5/13/2008 5:31pm
I think, because of the massive and rapid influx of noobs, a list of rules, guidelines and survival notes should be made a sticky at the top and later made readily available in the HoF for future reference.

The noob issue is hurtin' the place, and while the hazing can be fun, it has to be done so much at this point.
RandyS
Posts
6181
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Grass Valley, CA, USA
5/13/2008 5:36pm
Two things would make this a whole lot better. Search and new posts buttons, better yet a new posts button where you can get the new posts from only the forums you're interested in. ie:I have no interest in reading new posts from the Alaska and Hawaii boards(if there is one, I know there's some kind of regional sections). The core of this board has been through 4 or 5 different places starting so far back that I can't even remember where we were before MT went pay. This board is the most primitive since the original MT, I don't care about some moto myspace, I want to be able to log on and see the latest posts. Nothing more. Oh, I I want Lenny to stop acting like Mr. Rogers and get himself kicked out a few more times.
DEMON_CR
Posts
152
Joined
8/2/2006
Location
Port Richey, FL, USA
5/13/2008 5:37pm
I miss Marcad57.
Trip
Posts
2255
Joined
8/1/2006
Location
USA
5/13/2008 5:38pm
RandyS wrote:
Two things would make this a whole lot better. Search and new posts buttons, better yet a new posts button where you can get the new...
Two things would make this a whole lot better. Search and new posts buttons, better yet a new posts button where you can get the new posts from only the forums you're interested in. ie:I have no interest in reading new posts from the Alaska and Hawaii boards(if there is one, I know there's some kind of regional sections). The core of this board has been through 4 or 5 different places starting so far back that I can't even remember where we were before MT went pay. This board is the most primitive since the original MT, I don't care about some moto myspace, I want to be able to log on and see the latest posts. Nothing more. Oh, I I want Lenny to stop acting like Mr. Rogers and get himself kicked out a few more times.
X 2
flarider
Posts
25496
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
5/13/2008 5:45pm
DEMON_CR wrote:
I miss Marcad57.
x2
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
5/13/2008 6:02pm
Trip wrote:
Hey Gibby, I don't want to come off as harsh or hateful, but this is the only place I really go thats moto related. Every once...
Hey Gibby, I don't want to come off as harsh or hateful, but this is the only place I really go thats moto related. Every once in while I'll hit Pro Ride up.
Motodrive had alot of features that this place is missing. I liked being able to see what topics I had a post in. I liked the search feature, I liked the new posts since last time I visited, I liked that the photos were bigger and you could enlarge them. For a while you were asking how to make Md better, you took it under advice and made it a great web site. This place just looks really basic, not a whole lot of bling. Kind of reminds me of the Ghetto, you know the old Motoworld message board?
It was your board, and if money was an issue, thats one thing, then I understand the switch. It just seems like this was a step backwards compared to what the old board was. I know you think I have bad attitude, but really this wasn't meant as being disrespectful. Thanks for reading.. Greg
Trip, no worries.

There were a lot of features in MD that I didn't use, and I wasn't sure how universally they were used by various members. I think we got the forum up to a level that we're comfortable with, but it's not "done" by any means.

Just so you know, we went with this forum software because it's integrated with all the other portions of the site. That way you get one log-in for everything. Once you log in, you can comment on photos, add friends, upload photos or videos...basically do everything that you can do on Vital. There are ways to bridge our main system to other forum software, but it involves lots of bubble gum and bandaids. Often that works for a while, but as you roll out new features with added complexity, it ends up being far from ideal.

I've mentioned in a few other threads that we're looking at a couple options for search...one that will work for the forum only, and another that is site-wide. We're still figuring out which we'll integrate here (and keep in mind we're looking at the same thing for our other sites...vitalbmx.com, and vitalskate.com. The same platform is used for all of them. So what we do on one site also affects the others.

The feature that allows you to see new posts will also return. Exactly when? I can't say, but it's in the near term.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions.

1
raddad
Posts
2286
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Wrenshall, MN, USA
5/13/2008 6:34pm
Trip wrote:
Hey Gibby, I don't want to come off as harsh or hateful, but this is the only place I really go thats moto related. Every once...
Hey Gibby, I don't want to come off as harsh or hateful, but this is the only place I really go thats moto related. Every once in while I'll hit Pro Ride up.
Motodrive had alot of features that this place is missing. I liked being able to see what topics I had a post in. I liked the search feature, I liked the new posts since last time I visited, I liked that the photos were bigger and you could enlarge them. For a while you were asking how to make Md better, you took it under advice and made it a great web site. This place just looks really basic, not a whole lot of bling. Kind of reminds me of the Ghetto, you know the old Motoworld message board?
It was your board, and if money was an issue, thats one thing, then I understand the switch. It just seems like this was a step backwards compared to what the old board was. I know you think I have bad attitude, but really this wasn't meant as being disrespectful. Thanks for reading.. Greg
GuyB wrote:
Trip, no worries. There were a lot of features in MD that I didn't use, and I wasn't sure how universally they were used by various...
Trip, no worries.

There were a lot of features in MD that I didn't use, and I wasn't sure how universally they were used by various members. I think we got the forum up to a level that we're comfortable with, but it's not "done" by any means.

Just so you know, we went with this forum software because it's integrated with all the other portions of the site. That way you get one log-in for everything. Once you log in, you can comment on photos, add friends, upload photos or videos...basically do everything that you can do on Vital. There are ways to bridge our main system to other forum software, but it involves lots of bubble gum and bandaids. Often that works for a while, but as you roll out new features with added complexity, it ends up being far from ideal.

I've mentioned in a few other threads that we're looking at a couple options for search...one that will work for the forum only, and another that is site-wide. We're still figuring out which we'll integrate here (and keep in mind we're looking at the same thing for our other sites...vitalbmx.com, and vitalskate.com. The same platform is used for all of them. So what we do on one site also affects the others.

The feature that allows you to see new posts will also return. Exactly when? I can't say, but it's in the near term.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions.

I think this site is worlds better than MT, you are taking control of the bad seeds for one thing by implementing a zero tolerance policy a few weeks ago and also leading by example. It seems that newbies are not scared away so quickly (usually) which is a good thing as far as i am concerned. You seem to have talked to some of your cohorts about this board which has resulted in more participation, less hate and anti-social behaviour. As long as you keep on the track you are on i can see many more normal people without "issues" participating and the site growning by leaps and bounds.

Some of the new folks here are involved in the industry and also some are from out of the country which adds a whole new dimension. This board has a much better over all look with the news and pics you provide not to mention the general layout. It is more professional than MT by leaps and bounds. I say keep up the good work and your much more frequent participation on the board to keep things in line and how you want them to be.

Obrigato e boa sorte!
wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
5/13/2008 6:43pm
wpcjs wrote:
Any way to get to the last post in a thread without having to scroll through the whole thing? Anyway to know which threads you have...
Any way to get to the last post in a thread without having to scroll through the whole thing?

Anyway to know which threads you have posted in?
GuyB wrote:
To get to the end of the thread, click this icon [img]http://www.vitalmx.com/images/comment-bubble_white.png[/img], either from the homepage, or on a main room page (like Moto-Related).
To get to the end of the thread, click this icon , either from the homepage, or on a main room page (like Moto-Related).
Cool, thank you.

Now any answer to # 2? it was nice if I went to bed hammered I could wake up and see how bad I was PUI.
RNagy052
Posts
768
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Bryceville, FL, USA
5/13/2008 6:44pm
I agree, this place is no Motodrive.

mxaaron
Posts
481
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
Richland, WA, USA
5/13/2008 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:57pm
I like how Vital allows you to learn a little bit more about who you are hangin with, if they set up their profiiles.

I did like the drive better though, the guys were funner to chat with, and you had to be on your toes.

Here, its like Thumpertalk flooded in here. While I am not one of those guys who thinks that your post count gives you any rank, but I have read some of the stupidest shit ever on this board, and it always seems like its from some nutsack that has 4 posts.

I just wanna thank Gibby for giving us a place to hang. Sure do miss Motodrive though.

Aaron.
flarider
Posts
25496
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
5/13/2008 6:49pm
flarider wrote:
I think, because of the massive and rapid influx of noobs, a list of rules, guidelines and survival notes should be made a sticky at the...
I think, because of the massive and rapid influx of noobs, a list of rules, guidelines and survival notes should be made a sticky at the top and later made readily available in the HoF for future reference.

The noob issue is hurtin' the place, and while the hazing can be fun, it has to be done so much at this point.
Larry
Posts
5092
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Fayetteville, GA, USA
5/13/2008 7:37pm
Change is always hard.
I'm old and change espcialy when it comes to technolgy is really hard.
But to be able to come some place each day to talk about the sport I love along with other folks who feel the same way I do is really good for me.
Digger437
Posts
1394
Joined
9/4/2006
Location
Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA
5/13/2008 7:46pm
I like it! Pretty much here checking in daily, plus with all the news, photos, community sections, its all good.
ninety3
Posts
1176
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Saddleback Park, CA, USA
5/13/2008 7:50pm
I like the integration of the entire Vital site here, but it will be nice when all the bells and whistles are turned on, I'm patient, ain't going no where.
email notices of thread activity would be nice to have, like MD had.
5/13/2008 7:55pm
ninety3 wrote:
I like the integration of the entire Vital site here, but it will be nice when all the bells and whistles are turned on, I'm patient...
I like the integration of the entire Vital site here, but it will be nice when all the bells and whistles are turned on, I'm patient, ain't going no where.
email notices of thread activity would be nice to have, like MD had.
Is that the reason why you have the VMX logo as your picture???Tongue
flarider
Posts
25496
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
5/13/2008 8:04pm
STFU
ninety3
Posts
1176
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Saddleback Park, CA, USA
5/13/2008 8:18pm
ninety3 wrote:
I like the integration of the entire Vital site here, but it will be nice when all the bells and whistles are turned on, I'm patient...
I like the integration of the entire Vital site here, but it will be nice when all the bells and whistles are turned on, I'm patient, ain't going no where.
email notices of thread activity would be nice to have, like MD had.
Is that the reason why you have the VMX logo as your picture???Tongue
drmarkr
Posts
3226
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Tucson, AZ, USA
5/13/2008 9:21pm
GuyB wrote:
What are you missing, Peeps?
Trip wrote:
Hey Gibby, I don't want to come off as harsh or hateful, but this is the only place I really go thats moto related. Every once...
Hey Gibby, I don't want to come off as harsh or hateful, but this is the only place I really go thats moto related. Every once in while I'll hit Pro Ride up.
Motodrive had alot of features that this place is missing. I liked being able to see what topics I had a post in. I liked the search feature, I liked the new posts since last time I visited, I liked that the photos were bigger and you could enlarge them. For a while you were asking how to make Md better, you took it under advice and made it a great web site. This place just looks really basic, not a whole lot of bling. Kind of reminds me of the Ghetto, you know the old Motoworld message board?
It was your board, and if money was an issue, thats one thing, then I understand the switch. It just seems like this was a step backwards compared to what the old board was. I know you think I have bad attitude, but really this wasn't meant as being disrespectful. Thanks for reading.. Greg
Everything Trip said about board features....

miss em.

MR
JPT
Posts
7208
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Cedar Falls, IA, USA
5/13/2008 9:36pm
I miss CZ's, Husky's, Maico's, Bultaco's, Montesa's, Ossa's, AJS's and a few others.

I miss the old Grand National Curcuit and the Inter-AMA's.


I miss Art and David's 2 hours of coverage, Motoworld and Speedway on Friday night.

Shit changes and I'm realizing that's the way it is.

Folks I've been talking to for about 5 years are here. I'm fine.



crowe176
Posts
6613
Joined
9/8/2006
Location
Spring Lake, MI, USA
5/13/2008 11:04pm
I don't get into the whole myspace thing at all. I'm sure it will get better soon, besides, I just started taking my anti-depressents my dr. prescribed me for my sprained ankle and they're not supposed to start working for a few weeks.
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
5/13/2008 11:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:57pm
Some people get into the social networking thing, some don't.


I'm not a huge myspace fan, but I do like that this has some of the elements of it, without the spam.


Hey Crowe, am I correct in thinking your sig a leftover from the old board? At times, things were not always peachy with the old system.

Post a reply to: I miss Motodrive...!

The Latest