Hidden Talent

jakejdnotes
10/10/2012 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2012 11:27am
lets just say you won the lotto, bottomless pockets. what top rider in your area do you think could become a top 20,30,40 guy if they had your funding. all they had to do was wake up and train, ride, prepped tracks, fresh bikes.....THE DREAM....who?
|
Stoop
Fantasy
920th
10/10/2012 6:13pm
devin davis with out a doubt
TDeath21
10/10/2012 6:14pm
Casey and Trip Carlyle.
jakejdnotes
10/10/2012 6:45pm
^^ i have "supercross 2" on order. i was hoping they were gonna offer it in a bundle pack
langhammx
Fantasy
311th
10/10/2012 6:59pm
Chris Plouffe

The Shop

jhansen510
Fantasy
3533rd
10/10/2012 8:01pm
Not as many guys would do as good as you would think. The elite find a way to the top!
10/10/2012 8:12pm
Colorado has a lot of talent right now so it's hard to pick just one. Right of the bat I'd say Derek Anderson. He had some really excellent rides this year; I'd be curious to see how he'd fair without the hassles of the privateer life. Maybe also Kyle Summers - that dude rips.
WillyB
10/10/2012 8:13pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Not as many guys would do as good as you would think. The elite find a way to the top!
this
jakejdnotes
10/10/2012 8:26pm
jhansen510 wrote:
WillyB wrote:
this
i have to agree with this. Stewart is a perfect example, coming from nothing except determined support of his parents. quick question, was Bubba's dad involved in mx before James started racing/riding?
Chillllmatic
10/10/2012 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2012 8:56pm
i have to agree with this. Stewart is a perfect example, coming from nothing except determined support of his parents. quick question, was Bubba's dad involved...
i have to agree with this. Stewart is a perfect example, coming from nothing except determined support of his parents. quick question, was Bubba's dad involved in mx before James started racing/riding?
I think he was, they joked about him being a C class guy only though. Also heard on his ESPN segment that as soon as he came home from the hospital, big james took him for a ride on his bike.
dboivin
10/11/2012 1:38am
jhansen510 wrote:
WillyB wrote:
this
i have to agree with this. Stewart is a perfect example, coming from nothing except determined support of his parents. quick question, was Bubba's dad involved...
big james raced, yes.
PaleBlue
10/11/2012 4:44am
They probably can't cope with the "loads of money" concept......

If I won the Euromillions, I wouldn't be wasting it on MX but starting a new 2T road racing series at British 'National' level based on current (or recent) 250 MX and Enduro engines. Basically anybody except Honda would be eligible. Discounted , specifically designed bikes with very good prize money to run alongside BSB. Surefire winner with the fans and riders. *Sigh*.... dream on.......
Big
10/11/2012 4:58am
PaleBlue wrote:
They probably can't cope with the "loads of money" concept...... If I won the Euromillions, I wouldn't be wasting it on MX but starting a new...

If I won the Euromillions, I wouldn't be wasting it on MX but starting a new 2T road racing series at British 'National' level based on current (or recent) 250 MX and Enduro engines. Basically anybody except Honda would be eligible. Discounted , specifically designed bikes with very good prize money to run alongside BSB. Surefire winner with the fans and riders. *Sigh*.... dream on.......
Why not Honda? Too fast?Wink
PaleBlue
10/11/2012 6:02am
PaleBlue wrote:
They probably can't cope with the "loads of money" concept...... If I won the Euromillions, I wouldn't be wasting it on MX but starting a new...

Big wrote:
Why not Honda? Too fast?Wink
'Cos Honda (spit) have, single handedly, exterminated the two stroke from every form of topline motorcycle racing, as their founder didn't like them.
JG463
10/11/2012 7:54am
Ryan Voit.

He is one of the mechanics at our shop. Guy has some mad skills though, coming of age (26) now. He has been playing golf for the past few years. He won the Reno AX in 2007 I believe? Still when we go out and ride at Reynards, he shows some amazing speed. I would say there are a few guys, him, Justin Berry, and Nathan Cox who were Oklahomas best hidden talent.

Ryan had some great backing by our store but could never catch that break. Not gonna lie, even at my speed it is a blast to go out and ride with him, which he try to do as often as we can.... ahhh the memories!!
TDeath21
10/11/2012 8:09am
In all honesty, everyone's answer should be, "A guy who has never touched a bike before in his life, for one reason or another."
peelout
10/11/2012 8:29am
JLaw

no. i'm not joking.
Panic_Rev
10/11/2012 8:56am
jhansen510 wrote:
agree
Grieby54
10/11/2012 10:40am
Bottomless funds, access to resources? I'd try and go pro myself. Why the hell not? If you've got all day/week/month/year to invest in the sport, and you can hire the best coaches and trainers money could buy, why not give yourself a shot? There's no way you're going to run with the top 10, but shit... even making a night show would be big, let alone a main.
rallendude
10/11/2012 10:57am
Kid named Drew Fields. He's been riding B for two years I think and has done fairly well for 16 years old. Found out this year, after qualifying for LL in B that he'd been bumped to A at the beginning of the year by MX Sports but never got his letter. So he didn't go.

The kid races maybe 4 times a year and still comes out and pulls holeshots and wins local stuff. Typically, top five in B at a SE qualifier or regional. I think if he had the things you mention he could be on a real team in 2 years. Time's a wastin though.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3533rd
10/11/2012 11:53am
rallendude wrote:
Kid named Drew Fields. He's been riding B for two years I think and has done fairly well for 16 years old. Found out this year...
Kid named Drew Fields. He's been riding B for two years I think and has done fairly well for 16 years old. Found out this year, after qualifying for LL in B that he'd been bumped to A at the beginning of the year by MX Sports but never got his letter. So he didn't go.

The kid races maybe 4 times a year and still comes out and pulls holeshots and wins local stuff. Typically, top five in B at a SE qualifier or regional. I think if he had the things you mention he could be on a real team in 2 years. Time's a wastin though.
I agree that there are quite a few guys like this out there. But thats home track advantage. Not to take anything away from the kid. It is just very difficult to ride like you know you can when you get to a bigger playing field!
pitbike502
10/11/2012 1:42pm
i doubt the bar he's at has wifi for his bro's to vote
jhansen510
Fantasy
3533rd
10/11/2012 2:59pm
JG463 wrote:
Ryan Voit. He is one of the mechanics at our shop. Guy has some mad skills though, coming of age (26) now. He has been playing...
Ryan Voit.

He is one of the mechanics at our shop. Guy has some mad skills though, coming of age (26) now. He has been playing golf for the past few years. He won the Reno AX in 2007 I believe? Still when we go out and ride at Reynards, he shows some amazing speed. I would say there are a few guys, him, Justin Berry, and Nathan Cox who were Oklahomas best hidden talent.

Ryan had some great backing by our store but could never catch that break. Not gonna lie, even at my speed it is a blast to go out and ride with him, which he try to do as often as we can.... ahhh the memories!!
I take it you work at the Suzuki/Kawasaki of Stillwater shop? I didnt know Voight still worked there. Tell him that Buddy from Minnesota says whats up! And I can vouch for this! Voight would show up at Whitney or the occasional am natl here and there and find his way to the front in the stacked B classes. Were talking against the big boys! He comes from good people and had all the right influences growing up where he did. Used to ride with Voight quite a bit... The good old days. You forgot Mark and Zach Blackwell, Robbie Smith, Nick Metcalf, and good ole Johnny Marley. Although Marley had a chance or two.
JG463
10/12/2012 7:48am Edited Date/Time 10/12/2012 7:53am
jhansen510 wrote:
I take it you work at the Suzuki/Kawasaki of Stillwater shop? I didnt know Voight still worked there. Tell him that Buddy from Minnesota says whats...
I take it you work at the Suzuki/Kawasaki of Stillwater shop? I didnt know Voight still worked there. Tell him that Buddy from Minnesota says whats up! And I can vouch for this! Voight would show up at Whitney or the occasional am natl here and there and find his way to the front in the stacked B classes. Were talking against the big boys! He comes from good people and had all the right influences growing up where he did. Used to ride with Voight quite a bit... The good old days. You forgot Mark and Zach Blackwell, Robbie Smith, Nick Metcalf, and good ole Johnny Marley. Although Marley had a chance or two.
Yeah man! You ever talk to Kris anymore? Ryan is living back here in town and plays golf with us some as well. He owns a bar called 19th hole that is legit.

Yeah and Tanner Snell! Robbie's step son 66 on a KTM. For a little kid, he would rip! I would love for you guys to be out at Cooperland again... ahhh the days! I just told Ryan you said whats up haha
jhansen510
Fantasy
3533rd
10/12/2012 9:01am
Voight is a bar owner now? I will have to check that out next time I come down! I talk to Kris still, he is pursuing some things in the reptile world. Check out vitalexotics.com You will like what you see! As for Cooperland I could not agree more my friend! Those were some fun times down there. Have to hook up with you guys next time I come down and ride! And as for fast riders from OK. We could go on for days. Good topic!
10/12/2012 10:21am
Austin Politelli. Dude has won the German supercross championship. A few top 10's east coast last year and will be racing the transworld slam this weekend. At Elsinore this year he ran top 5 for half the 450 moto before having bike problems-
JG463
10/12/2012 10:31am Edited Date/Time 10/12/2012 10:32am
jhansen510 wrote:
Voight is a bar owner now? I will have to check that out next time I come down! I talk to Kris still, he is pursuing...
Voight is a bar owner now? I will have to check that out next time I come down! I talk to Kris still, he is pursuing some things in the reptile world. Check out vitalexotics.com You will like what you see! As for Cooperland I could not agree more my friend! Those were some fun times down there. Have to hook up with you guys next time I come down and ride! And as for fast riders from OK. We could go on for days. Good topic!
No, Ryan Cummings owns the bar haha!

Yeah man I actually moved to Wisconsin for a few years and tried to get a hold of Kris but no luck.
jakejdnotes
10/12/2012 12:49pm
JG463.... where in wisconsin did you live? try many of the tracks?
JG463
10/12/2012 1:00pm
Yeah man I worked at Team Winnebagoland and Team Motorsports during that time and Also worked at Pro Motorsports in FDL for a year ish. I lived in FDL for 2 years and Appleton for 2. I rode Azzie a few times but typically went to Dyracuse or Pine Ridge. Ridge is awesome!! For sure one of my favorites.

I also rode at Gravity every now and then just because of the location. A guy named Terry Pease owns a track near Rosendale that is good.

Post a reply to: Hidden Talent

The Latest