Cycra

O___o
Edited Date/Time 10/11/2014 3:42pm
I know this is the only American plastic company out there. I know they are all about innovation and consider plastic to be a performance part.

With that being said, I would like to see the following from these dudes:

1. "works clear" side numberplates for all current bikes and all last generation two-strokes.
2. an optional "flo" set of plastics for each of the bikes listed in #1. i.e. an OEM red for Honda, and a 93 pink. A flo green Kawi like the 96-97 works Kawis. a flouresent yellow for the Suzukis. Someone already does flo orange for the KTMs and if you saw it in person on Ronnie Mac's KTM this summer at the nationals, it looks good.

Cycra, if you are reading this, I think you'd sell every set you made. I'd like to contribute to my own economy as much as possible these days.

Reference for #1 (look at the opposite side plate, you can read the newspaper through that.

Reminds me of this:

Kawi

|
Spagina767
10/10/2014 5:20am
Also, Cycra stadium plates for every bike. They don't make one for an RMZ, yet. Sucks.
Grizz
10/10/2014 5:40am
Not sure what you're on about with the works clear side plates. The clear front plate is cool but what's the point in having a clearer side plate? That picture of Barcia's bike looks like normal plastic but because of the sun you can see the graphics through it.
O___o
10/10/2014 6:13am
Grizz wrote:
Not sure what you're on about with the works clear side plates. The clear front plate is cool but what's the point in having a clearer...
Not sure what you're on about with the works clear side plates. The clear front plate is cool but what's the point in having a clearer side plate? That picture of Barcia's bike looks like normal plastic but because of the sun you can see the graphics through it.
then don't buy it.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/10/2014 7:50am
I've talked to the crew at Cycra about this before. With the way they re-engineer plastic (not just copying a stock mold) it turns into a very expensive adventure. At the time, they were still worried they wouldn't be able to make their investment back if they did the current RM-Zs. Thus the reason they still aren't making them. (Next generation though!)

The Shop

Tpog496
10/10/2014 8:07am Edited Date/Time 10/10/2014 8:12am
Not dogging Acerbies but the flo KTM plastics looked sooo awesome new but not after a few races they fade and become discolored from slight bends
O___o
10/10/2014 8:08am
ML512 wrote:
I've talked to the crew at Cycra about this before. With the way they re-engineer plastic (not just copying a stock mold) it turns into a...
I've talked to the crew at Cycra about this before. With the way they re-engineer plastic (not just copying a stock mold) it turns into a very expensive adventure. At the time, they were still worried they wouldn't be able to make their investment back if they did the current RM-Zs. Thus the reason they still aren't making them. (Next generation though!)
Now, regarding the RMZ line:

2015 RMZ plastic would fit 8 model years worth of bikes.

2016 hypothetical RMZ plastic will fit 1 year of bike, all of which will be brand new.

I suppose if I called their business development team's judgement into question on that matter, i'd be the bad guy....

Regarding what I mentioned, it would be as simple as injecting the mold with a slightly different color dye, I would think. Not an expert on injection molding.
Tpog496
10/10/2014 8:24am
What is a "works clear" side plate?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/10/2014 8:25am
ML512 wrote:
I've talked to the crew at Cycra about this before. With the way they re-engineer plastic (not just copying a stock mold) it turns into a...
O___o wrote:
Now, regarding the RMZ line: 2015 RMZ plastic would fit 8 model years worth of bikes. 2016 hypothetical RMZ plastic will fit 1 year of bike...

2016 hypothetical RMZ plastic will fit 1 year of bike, all of which will be brand new.

I suppose if I called their business development team's judgement into question on that matter, i'd be the bad guy....

Regarding what I mentioned, it would be as simple as injecting the mold with a slightly different color dye, I would think. Not an expert on injection molding.
I was more or less commenting about the RM-Z and doing any past models, but you do have a point about the color options.
olds cool
10/10/2014 9:38am
While they're at it...it would be nice if someone made a good replica of the old Plasticwerks front plates for the older CR's since they are such a popular restoration/show bike. I've got a new one in the box that I can't decide whether to use or wait a few more years and put it on ebay.
mx836
10/10/2014 9:43am
O___o wrote:
Now, regarding the RMZ line: 2015 RMZ plastic would fit 8 model years worth of bikes. 2016 hypothetical RMZ plastic will fit 1 year of bike...

I think the Stadium Plates are bike specific these days so unless you want the old generic one in yellow, they'd still have to mold one.
j100
10/10/2014 9:51am
do you post be heard or are you that bored?

you ramble about the most pointless shit.

my goodness.
10/10/2014 9:56am

Im a full supporter of cycra. The only thing is that they don't offer enough stuff. I don't like the powerflow shrouds as they are way too hard to put graphics on. But there number plates are just awesome and they offer the only handguards on the whole market that I even like(stealth dx)
bradmx421
10/10/2014 10:08am
How many of you know that the Kit for the YZ250F/450F actually slims the bike by 1 inch and add 1 horsepower...... #truestory
HenryA
10/10/2014 10:45am
It's great to see that a few of the plastic companies are stepping up their game. UFO pleased a lot of people when they released the re-style kit for the YZ. Acerbis with the FLO colours and Cycra with their stadium plate and air-flow kit's.
But it still seems like that there is so much more to do, individual colours, lightweight parts etc. I think that we will see a lot more in this department in the future.
Spagina767
10/10/2014 11:11am
j100 wrote:

my goodness.
And yet you respond...
10/10/2014 11:56am
We at CYCRA are thrilled to be making " feature/ performance plastic" . All CYCRA panels are developed with the racers and teams that we sponsor. The natural " Ghost " panels you see on Barcia's JGR bike are specially made for them . We are going to offer a limited edition run of these panels soon . Also, we do currently offer a Flo green Kawasaki plastic kit now.
The Brands we have body kits for are : Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and KTM. Currently we are evaluating the Suzuki and Husqvarnia for development. We build are panels and fenders in our factory in North Carolina .
bvm111
10/10/2014 1:20pm
I have an Idea... why dont you make the investment and build a business yourself if you think you can make SOOOO much money with it.
Cygnus
10/10/2014 1:24pm
We at CYCRA are thrilled to be making " feature/ performance plastic" . All CYCRA panels are developed with the racers and teams that we sponsor...
We at CYCRA are thrilled to be making " feature/ performance plastic" . All CYCRA panels are developed with the racers and teams that we sponsor. The natural " Ghost " panels you see on Barcia's JGR bike are specially made for them . We are going to offer a limited edition run of these panels soon . Also, we do currently offer a Flo green Kawasaki plastic kit now.
The Brands we have body kits for are : Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and KTM. Currently we are evaluating the Suzuki and Husqvarnia for development. We build are panels and fenders in our factory in North Carolina .
Our.
O___o
10/10/2014 1:36pm
j100 wrote:

my goodness.
it made Cycra USA create an account and join this board.
bradmx421
10/10/2014 1:46pm
Cycra was actually the first company as well to bring back Neon "Flo" Plastics as they produced some limited runs with our idea for our 2012 Team in "Flo" Orange.
O___o
10/10/2014 1:49pm
bvm111 wrote:
I have an Idea... why dont you make the investment and build a business yourself if you think you can make SOOOO much money with it.
How about you and I play Paper, Rock, Paystub?
Grizz
10/10/2014 3:31pm
O___o wrote:
then don't buy it.
Someone's cranky.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
10/10/2014 3:59pm
I don't think O__o realizes how much creating a set of aftermarket plastic costs. Just to create the mold is A TON of money, even in USD.
10/10/2014 6:20pm
bvm111 wrote:
love your stuff and I buy it because its made in the USA!
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
10/10/2014 7:03pm
I would love to get stadium plates for my boys KX85's. Mini dad's love to spend money on pointless stuff... mostly that look bitchen!! hhaha... no really!
Jack mehoff
10/10/2014 8:33pm
We at CYCRA are thrilled to be making " feature/ performance plastic" . All CYCRA panels are developed with the racers and teams that we sponsor...
I think 2 stroke suzukis from 01 up 125/250 needs a redesignd
10/11/2014 2:05pm
ML512 wrote:
O___o wrote:

You are correct O__o. I am an injection molding expert who manufactures off road motorcycle products. The mold is already made, which is the expensive part $50K-$200K (depending where it's made). The "inexpensive part" is purging the colored plastic out of the machine than a quick change-over to the new color or natural (clear) and you now have the new style plastic parts. I often wondered why the companies don't offer a custom colored set of panels for a premium.
Jarrett H
10/11/2014 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2014 3:14pm
They do make some awesome stuff, but their service seems to be slow. I run a stadium plate on all my bikes, but the plastic on the shrouds is super thin.

Post a reply to: Cycra

The Latest